MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 11-29-2002, 10:18 PM   #1
Coupe Devil

Default Corbeau or other aftermarket seats ?'s

Im think I want to change seats and go to a set of Corbeau's. Anyone haveany experience with these? How comfortable are they. i know they are performance seats but I do want some comfort for cruise nights and such. Any ifno anyone has about these or other seats post it here please.

Bradley

Built Ford Tough Moderator
Coupe Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2002, 12:12 AM   #2
Janeofalltrades

Default Looks Sweet!

Havn't had any personal expereince with the seats (thanks to the cost)

I have seen and priced some at a Mustang parts store here in Sacramento a couple of times, as well as looked at their stuff on their website, and thought they looked sweet! They appear to be functionally designed with nice lumbar and side support. The sport material is really nice for keeping clean. I think the 5 point harness seats are a little expensive and uncomfortable. I wouldn't want the 5-point on my crotch for a 6 hour drive down I-5, not sure how you guys feel.

But, if you plan on tracking your car and feel a $500 -$1,000 seat would benefit you, then go for it! If you are just looking to upgrade your existing seats, you may be able to find something a little less expensive that would serve your purpose. It's all in the application....

Jennifer
aka Jane of all Trades
Old 12-01-2002, 02:10 AM   #3
Coupe Devil

Actually I've found some seats I really like and they will be very inexpensive. Seats from a 93 Prelude AWS, Sit very comfy and have great side bolsters..I know its from a foreign car but they are alot cheaper than Corbeaus or the like..

Bradley

Old 12-01-2002, 01:39 PM   #4
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Smile

Dude, I have Corbeau Targa RS seats. At first they are stiff, but they soften up a little to where, for me, they are WONDERFUL!. Now I will warn you, I am ~6'3" and ~165 lbs. Kinda slender (really I'm cut ) and this is JUST enough seat for me. I don't see how anyone bigger or heavier than me could fit in the seat comfortably. My brother (older) is ~6'3" and ~230lbs (built) and he says it feels fine, but I think if he had to ride around in it for a few hrs cruising, he wouldn' t be too comfortable.

Honestly, at first, they LOOK AWESOME and they still do, but they didn't feel as comfortable at first. Really agressive shoulder area, but it's a race seat, not a recliner. Now at present time, I love them more than I did when I first got them. They provide PERFECT clearance for roll cage!

Stock 5.8L under 4" cowl 'glass hood, C4 w/ Transgo shift kit, Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake; Fluidyne Al radiator, Flexalite 175 electric fan, 1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, FRPP Al driveshaft; S&W 6-point cage; 2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters, 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s; Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 275/50/15 Nitto NT 555R Drag Radials;
14 x 4” K&N X-stream air filter.

'92 GT (5-speed)
Small In Car Video
Stock 5.0L, 2-chamber Flowmasters, MAC CAI, Tri-Ax, Al pedals...

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2002, 01:42 PM   #5
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Oh Yeah. They are $320 a piece-- very good price for these seats. I checked around for other seats like Sparco, Cobra, Recarro, and one other, I forgot, and Corbeau was my choice. Sparco has like a microtune adjustable seat but the seats are like $7-800 each!
Stock 5.8L under 4" cowl 'glass hood, C4 w/ Transgo shift kit, Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake; Fluidyne Al radiator, Flexalite 175 electric fan, 1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, FRPP Al driveshaft; S&W 6-point cage; 2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters, 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s; Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 275/50/15 Nitto NT 555R Drag Radials;
14 x 4” K&N X-stream air filter.

'92 GT (5-speed)
Small In Car Video
Stock 5.0L, 2-chamber Flowmasters, MAC CAI, Tri-Ax, Al pedals...

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2002, 02:03 PM   #6
Coupe Devil

Thanks man., Those look really nice.. BUt still wanting to do some other things to the car while its still in progress I'm gonna try to find some Prelude seats. Then get teh Corbeaus later. I do know that i want adjustables, and Corbeau had hte best prices on them so thats probably what i'l get. .I really like the TRS series.

Bradley