MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-16-2001, 01:29 AM   #1
rbatson

Post Vette vs. stang

My boss is a big corvette fan, he has a 74(there about) with a big block and a 87vert(I'm guessing). He just put a new motor in his 87 vette, a GM crate motor claiming 355hp.

We are always talking smack back and forth and I even caught him at a light one night and he just laughed it off(before his new engine).

This morning he ask if I go online and I'm like "Yeah, too much really". He ask why there is never any "rustangs" winning against vettes. "Do you guys ever win against vettes?!"

I ask him if he'd like to line them up right now!!(I was driving the Cobra, he might win that one)

I started thinking about it... I could never really get a vette to race me! Why is that!?! Do you guys have a problem getting a vette to show they have a pair??

------------------
Rick
My 89lx(updated 2/21/2001)
My 97 Cobra
Old 03-16-2001, 03:14 AM   #2
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

I have actually raced quite a few 'vettes down here... I have won alot more than lost that really makes 'em mad! And when I'm at Moroso, the 'vette guys are the ones I try to line up against! I say... go take him... you can dooo it!

------------------
Joe!
1988 GT, 167,000 miles!!! 13.71@105mph Check out my listing! Click here! Or my website:
www.joe4speed.com
1999 Ninja ZX-6R 10.32@135mph!
"What was the best thing before sliced bread?"

joe4speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2001, 09:36 AM   #3
SkarodoM
Registered Member

Cool

Rick...

Its not a stang but they look down on 'maros too. *shrug* I dont mine waxing them if they step up. Nothin magical about a low13-high12sec car with a 16sec driver =P

Phil
Jerico Performance
SkarodoM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2001, 12:35 PM   #4
blue00gt
Mustang Addict

Around here, vette drivers definitely don't seem to like to race. It's usually an old guy or some jerk who thinks that because his car will beat most stock vs. stock that a stang or a camaro is not worth racing.
Somebody shoot me if I ever spend that much on a car and don't drive it like I hate it.
blue00gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2001, 12:44 PM   #5
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Quote:
Originally posted by blue00gt:
Around here, vette drivers definitely don't seem to like to race. It's usually an old guy or some jerk who thinks that because his car will beat most stock vs. stock that a stang or a camaro is not worth racing.
Somebody shoot me if I ever spend that much on a car and don't drive it like I hate it.
You hit the nail right on the head blue00gt.

I have raced 2 Vettes. Driver in the first one ('96) was in his early 20s and was real cool about the race-- even though I won (w/ 3.27s out back). 2nd Vette ('93) I raced, driver was in his mid 40s. He just kept on driving-- I lost that one ( w/ 2.73s out back w/ NO positraction).

I just usually get up next to more Mustangs than other cars. Anyway, I'd rather keep it in the family, b/c there's usually less hostility.

-------------------------------
'79 Mustang Coup
4" Cowl
Weld wheels (15x6;15x8)
Stock 5.8L
C4 w/ shift kit
1.5" MAC full length headers
Holley 750 CFM
Edelbrock intake
2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters
8.8" Rear end w/ 3.55 gears (Now that's more like it!!)
Front: 225/60/15 Rear: 255/60/15 Eagle GT II
14 x 4” K&N air filter (getting the Xtreme setup soon)

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote