MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 12-26-2002, 11:44 PM   #1
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Unhappy Watching the HISTORY CH. NOW....

HEY YA'LL...
While I'm cleaning, doing laundry, etc, etc, I'm watching the History Channel....they are doing a special on the World Trade Center.

I dont watch much TV. This is something. Specially at this time of year. Now matter how bad things at times, its heartwrenching to watch to know how many families are w/out thier loved ones.

They are covering all angles. How it happened, Survivors, gathering Artifacts and evidence. If you are near a TV, you might want to check it out.... just wanted to let ya know.

TNT

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2002, 07:58 AM   #2
chuck88
Registered Member

I saw the special and I just can't watch things like that anymore. I get bothered every time See the towers on tv or in a movie. My grandfather helped build them I haver built battery rooms on several floors and I watched them burn it is upsetting. I try to remeber the pleaseant times aI have a photo of my wife on top of the building and in the back grouind is NYC. this photo has been on display in my wall unit since the 80s. I say rebuild them, sounds like a thought for a thread.

chuck 88

Wife, 2 kids, busy job, "fixer upper" house, and I still have time for the Mustang!!!

I Love my kids!!!
chuck88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2002, 05:26 PM   #3
DAN-MAN
Confederate Cowboy

Speaking of movies, I heard that someone is planning to make one of the 9/11 incident. I say that somebody should take the guy or persons and whoop their asses. I just don't think that it's right to make a movie about the trade towers.

Daniel.

RHC MEMBER #25
DAN-MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2002, 07:51 PM   #4
Janeofalltrades

Default Watch History for the future!

Thanks Christine,

Actually I watch the History Channel often. It would be smart of many of us to learn a little more about history..Unless you learn from it...you're doomed to repeat it....

I also like TLC, Discovery and shows like Monster Garage, Modern Marvels and other nerdy mechanical shows and I love Two Guys Garage on Speed(channel).....LOL

~Jenn~
Old 12-27-2002, 10:29 PM   #5
DAN-MAN
Confederate Cowboy

I watch Monster Garage, Junkyard Wars, and tlc Discovery, and the history channel. I really enjoy watching them at times. The only thing I hate is that I don't get the damn speed network. I can't even watch the car shows on there.

Daniel.

RHC MEMBER #25
DAN-MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2002, 10:52 PM   #6
82 GT
Import Slayer

Quote:
Originally posted by DAN-MAN
I just don't think that it's right to make a movie about the trade towers.

Daniel.
Why not? Sept. 11 was a tragic day for all Americans.
As horrible as that day was, it's still is a part of our history and should be a day forever remembered as well as all the people who died needlessly that day.
A movie or documentary will educate the youths of the future for decades to come as to what happened that dreadful day.
They made movies about Pearl Harbor and other tragic events in our history. Why not 9/11?
'82 GT 351W (.060)Comp Cams 274* Extreme Energy cam, ported & polished heads w/ 1.94/1.60 valves 10.3:1 flat top pistons,stealth intake, Mallory dizzy,Holley 750dp carb, BBK shorties,Flowmaster exhaust,C-4 with 3700 stall converter, B&M pro shifter,8.8 rear, 4:10's, subframes, electric fan, powermaster alternator, 4 core radiator.
82 GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2002, 05:08 AM   #7
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Lightbulb movie

If they do make a movie about it...it should be like a documentary. Like what they have done with the TITANIC...Not the MOVIE/TITANIC...but the documentaries.
AND any money made off it should go to fund the rebuilding of the new World Trade Centers, and not to any one elses benefit.
TNT

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2002, 08:24 AM   #8
chuck88
Registered Member

Topless I like your thinking a movie may not be a bad idea (if done right) but any money should go to the victims not the rebuild (money could go toward a memeorial). whom ever rebuilds the towers will have and make money on the project. Help the victims.

The movie should nt portray an individual as heroes but the NYPD, NYFD, and NYPAPD they were the heroes not one individual. It brings a warm feeling to myself to see the citzens volunteering and hail praises at the authorities.

Chuck88GT

Wife, 2 kids, busy job, "fixer upper" house, and I still have time for the Mustang!!!

I Love my kids!!!
chuck88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2002, 10:08 PM   #9
jj_jonathon
Trisket

I think they should definetly make a movie about it. But do it later. Right now it's still such a vivid image in our minds. Pearl Harbor was made some 50 years after the fact. So there's quite a difference.

My 02GT vert
Media Center Pics
BBK Underdrive Pulleys | K&N FIPK (Gen II) | Bullet Grille | Mach 1 Chin Spoiler | UPR Interior Parts | XM Radio | Audiobahn Subs

Ricer Hater's Club Member #1/2 (30) http://www.ricehatersclub.com/
jj_jonathon is offline   Reply With Quote