MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-11-2001, 12:03 PM   #1
88COBRA
STANGPOWER.COM

Post we need to change the chat date and time!! need opinions!

Myself and a few other members were chatting last night. The MOST we had at one time was 4!

I really enjoyed chatting with the few that were there and I think it would be even better if we could just get more people.

So, why doesn't everyone come and chat? Is it because of the day and time? Maybe we should ask Dan if he could change it.

Ian

------------------
Ian Sim
webmaster@stangpower.com
STORED: 1988 Mustang GT "Canadian Cobra", stock, AOD, loaded
WANT XENON HEADLIGHTS AND WHITE FACE GAUGES? Visit my site:
http://www.stangpower.com

88COBRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2001, 01:02 PM   #2
AxemanZZ
Registered Member

I work second shift so I can't make it to the chats. I have suggested before to have it on the weekends which is when the internet is the busiest. I think the turnout would be a lot better on the weekend because I hang in various mIRC channels and they are always busier on the weekends. No one seems to agree.

------------------
90 Mustang LX 5.0
My Ride*My Site
AxemanZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2001, 03:01 PM   #3
Gautam
Registered Member

Cool

Hi,
Doh, I missed chatting session again. Damn!

Anywho, why don't some of you come to IRC and go into #mustang and/or #musclecars on EFnet (if you don't understand IRC, go to www.mirc.com ).

When I start my computer up, I head directly to #mustang and #musclecars; there's always someone there you can chat with; whether it's general cars or pure mustang talk.

See you all there. BTW, my nick is Gonad on IRC.

Bye!

------------------
Gautam N. Lad
http://www.cubicdesign.com
http://www.cubicdesign.com/mustang/
Gautam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2001, 03:03 PM   #4
lx mike
Undescribable

the chat room is open all the time, we just have to all agree as to what time would be best to get a good turnout. i go there on wed nigth and while i don't talk much it is still nice to be able to chat and learn what other people are doing with there cars. i have found that if someone goes into a chat room and there is someone there the usualy stay, here's what i do, i go there and leave my name there and have my irc set to flash if anyone says anything so i can be surfing the message board here and also know when someone is in chat room. any night is good for me!
lx mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2001, 03:20 PM   #5
StangFlyer
Founder

Lightbulb

Well, the Wednesday night deal was something I just pulled outta my rear to set a day and time. I did that because, as AxemanZZ said, no one seems to agree. Unfortunately, that has turned out to be a bad time for me and I don't even make it most of the time. However, yes, our dedicated IRCd server we use as the back end to our chat applet is always running. Therefore, we can set the chat for any day and time. We can even have more then one set day and time for a scheduled chat too.

The best days for me are Tuesday and Thursday during the week, or Saturday in the late afternoon. But, not late at night.

------------------
Dan McClain, Editor
The Mustang Works Magazine
1991 Mustang GT - NOVI Supercharged 377 Stroker
1999 Ford Lightning SVT - 2000 Prototype updated by Roush
StangFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2001, 04:24 PM   #6
jonnyk
Being stroked is great

Sunday nights are usually the best for me (7pm and after)...I'm almost always home then. I suppose Saturday afternoon would be ok, but that's prime time for doing stuff usually. It's almost better just to hop onto the server and idle than it is to not be on there and not idle. I find that if I stay online long enough, usually someone will drop in, and hopefully stay. If noone is there, they often just have a quick look and leave.

------------------
1991 LX Hatch 5.0L
jonnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2001, 04:42 PM   #7
cleangreenmachine

Once I get my home computer up and running, any evening after 6pm Pacific is good for me. Until then, I only have internet access at work. I suspect many here might have the same problem - that is, only having the 'net at work or school.

When you guys arrive at a good time definitely post it as I would enjoy chatting with all of you but especially those here in northern CA.

------------------
Greg
91 LX Convertible