MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Blue Oval Lounge (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   A week and 2 days*sob*.... (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=25639)

MustangKelly96 06-30-2002 01:08 AM

A week and 2 days*sob*....

since my Stang was wrecked!!

Here's how the accident happened:
I was heading west through an intersection when a Grand Am heading east making a left hand turn pulls right out in front of me. That would have to been the longest 3 seconds of my life! I realized there was no escaping an impact. I was only like 2 car lengths in front of her when she decided to turn. What was she thinking!!! Any way, I swerved hard to the left trying to avoid the car, but clipped her right in front of the back tire. Not sure how much damage was done to the Grand Am. My Stang seems to have suffered the most.:( The whole right side of the front of my car is trashed. Head light, fog light, air damn, all gone. The corner of the hood is crumbled, the side quarter panel is pushed back touching the tire and jamming the passenger door closed. I just Thank God that my kids and I were uninjured.
I'm just afraid that it will be totaled.:(

Crazy Horse GT 06-30-2002 01:14 AM

glad you werent hurt kelly, it sucks, when i wrecked in jan , i was sick but it's just a car as long as your ok that's the really important thing, im so sorry to hear this your car is sharp, hopefully, it's repairable , good luck. marty:(

PKRWUD 06-30-2002 01:38 AM

As much as that sucks, you're right in being thankful that you and your kids walked away from it! That really is the most important!

That being said...

DAMN, that SUCKS!!! There is nothing I hate more than feeling totally, completely powerless when you see something bad is about to happen. I really am happy that you were all safe, but I really feel for you, too!

Good luck!

Take care,
-Chris

MustangKelly96 06-30-2002 01:39 AM

Thanks Marty and Chris,
I'm hoping it's repairable. The claim adjuster was supposed to go look at it yesterday and determine how much damage was done and get back with me today. No word yet. I went by where it is being kept, still sitting there looking lonely and all busted up.:(

THIS IS KILLING ME!

My rental car is a Mercury Sable, which is an OK vehicle, but certainly no Mustang. I know this is strange, but I dream about my car at night.

PKRWUD 06-30-2002 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by MustangKelly96
I know this is strange, but I dream about my car at night.
Yes, I see. And what exactly are the two of you doing in these dreams? You're not washing it, are you???

:)

Take care,
-Chris

Frankenstang65 06-30-2002 02:03 AM

Sorry to hear about the accident, but I'm glad everyone made it out without injuries.

From how you described the damage I would guess that there shouldn't be too much of a problem with repairing it, it really doesn't sound all that serious (I'm sure it looks far worse than it is, most new cars are this way). You usually only have to worry about a "total loss" situation when there is pretty severe frame or suspension damage in addition to what you can see on the outside.

Anyways, hope it all works out ok for you, let us know when you find out more.

Crazy Horse GT 06-30-2002 02:23 AM

kelly they kept my car for over 2 month's , needless to say i was a pis--d off m.f. when i got it back , i had to take it back 3 times, aaarrrgghh, it cost me my whole income tax return also, i hope you get it soon, i only got to be reimbursed for 1 week 's rental, my ins company sux, i hope your luck is better, cya. marty.

gt lee 06-30-2002 07:23 AM

Dang Kelly that really does suck. I know we missed ours when Marty wrecked, even though at that time I couldn't drive it was awful not seeing it in the driveway. But thankfully you and the kids are fine, that what really matters. Let us know when you find out whats going on and when you'll be getting it back Take Care Odie:(

MustangKelly96 06-30-2002 12:18 PM

YES! YES! YES! :D :cool:

The insurance guy just called and I'm getting my Baby back on the road! This is a load of worry off of my mind!

Quote:

Yes, I see. And what exactly are the two of you doing in these dreams? You're not washing it, are you???
So Dr Chris am I certifiably insane?? LOL

Usually in the dreams I'm flying down a deserted road, adrelin pumping through my veins, nothing more on my mind than I'm FREE! But now that you mention it, some times I'm washing the car.:eek: :p

PKRWUD 06-30-2002 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by MustangKelly96
So Dr Chris am I certifiably insane?? LOL

Usually in the dreams I'm flying down a deserted road, adrelin pumping through my veins, nothing more on my mind than I'm FREE! But now that you mention it, some times I'm washing the car.:eek: :p

No dear, you are perfectly healthy! What exactly are you wearing when you wash it?

;)

Take care,
-Chris

Ponygirl67 06-30-2002 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by PKRWUD

No dear, you are perfectly healthy! What exactly are you wearing when you wash it?

;)

Take care,
-Chris

ROFLMAO.........Chris you are smooth.............:D

Glad to hear you are getting your baby fixed MustangKelly...good luck !!!

Crazy Horse GT 06-30-2002 01:07 PM

thats great news kelly, glad you are getting your car back, take my advice before you leave go over it with a fine tooth comb, i had to take mine back 3 times:eek: , good for you:D

6T9PONY 06-30-2002 07:10 PM

Ever since Christine went to visit Chris he's been rather aggressive with the ladies....:p ;) :p ;) :D

PKRWUD 06-30-2002 08:37 PM

Hey Ben, ever taste anti freeze? It's really sweet!

;)

Take care,
-Chris

MustangKelly96 06-30-2002 09:14 PM

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by PKRWUD

Take care,
-Chris

Usually nothing but a smile:D .................................................. ...............and my hip boots because the s-h-i-t is getting deep in here!!

PKRWUD 06-30-2002 09:20 PM

Oh my. I'm afraid this is more serious than I first thought. I think you should have your people contact my people and arrange to have some more in depth sessions as soon as possible. This may take a while.

;)

Take care,
-Chris