View Single Post
Old 01-12-2006, 06:46 PM   #14
84LX89GT
Mustangs

Default Re: well just got a new credit card today

Learning to use a credit card is a MUST if you want to be able to finance anything and build credit to use to buy a house/car or any other expense. It's a necessary evil.
I didn't believe in using credit cards until i was 21 years old. i wouldn't get approved for anything and buying a house was out of the question.

I started paying for most of my bills with my credit card and payed the card off before interest accumulated. Also i did buy a few things with a credit card (cars) so that way i didn't have to get comprehensive insurance and the interest payment was less than the extra insurance.

You have to have willpower to not max out your card and get in trouble. I've had a few months of using all my extra money on credit payments (not because i had to, but because i wanted to get rid of interest payments) and i've had them payed off for a few months totally.
I've seen my FICO (credit) score go from 600's now up to over 700's for the last year, now at 749.
-the benefit now: i bought my cobra with 5% interest rate, which is awesome for a used car and I could easily get approved for a mortgage at a good interest rate. Bad credit/no credit will kill you when you need to have it. I've heard that having no credit is worse than bad credit.
-sorry for the rambling, i'm on pain meds right now

1980 Ford Thunderbird - 255 V8
ported heads, 5.0L ported stock headers, O.R. H-pipe and Flowmaster 2-chambers, dual roller timing chain
hi-po Mack Truck hood emblem

1985 Mustang GT 5.0L T5, F-303, GT40p, headers, off-road h, flowmasters, MSD stuff, etc.

Sold 02/06/04
1989 Mustang GT ET: 13.304@102.29 mph (5-24-03)

Sold - 1998 Mustang Cobra coupe, 1/4 mile - street tires: 13.843@103.41 (bone stock)
84LX89GT is offline   Reply With Quote