MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-14-2003, 12:19 PM   #1
MissBlondie
Registered Member

Unhappy Went BOOM last night

Well I must just have really bad luck with driving... and this is why I say I really need a chauffer.. haha... I'm taking a financial accounting class right now that lasts from 6-945pm. Well when I went into class last night it was just cold and no snow, but when I came out it was a whole different story. Snow on the ground. Anyways, I always say it's not me that I worry about, it's other drivers around me and this is why. I pulled up to stop at the stop sign to cross traffic, and all of a sudden BOOM from the back. Some moron in an explorer apparently didn't see the snow on the ground and it didn't occurr to him to drive a little more careful. Plowed me from the back end and slammed me right into the car in front of me pretty hard. A dodge ram none the less in front of me. So of course I went right underneath him. The stang is at the body shop now getting an estimate for the insurance company, got it towed there last night. They took me to the hospital because I hit my head on the windshield and have a bump there now and my neck was hurting pretty bad last night. Also I had my left arm in front of my chest, so I slammed it into the steering wheel. I'm sore today and my arm is completely black and blue, and I don't even want to look at my car in the daylight. I swear I have the worst luck sometimes.
-Jill
Old 01-14-2003, 12:26 PM   #2
stangsrule
Registered Member

MissBlondie, I am really sorry to hear about that and am at least glad that you weren't hurt any worse than you are. Hate to say it but it coould have been much worse... Hopefully the body shop can fix the stang back up to what it was. Man, you really do have horrible luck with "other" drivers! Hope you are feeling better real soon! We all have the auto show to go to after all!!! Good luck and hang in there!
92GT Lowered with Ebiach's and Koni's, Kenny Brown subframe connectors, lower G-brace and jacking rails. BBK upper and lower control arms, polyurethane bushings all around and Ken Bell blower, ram-air, 80mm mass air, SMC Alky Injection kit, J&S Knock Gaurd, TwEECer RT and a bunch of other stuff!
stangsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 12:28 PM   #3
scott93gt
Registered Member

Unhappy

Sorry to hear about your accident. Fortunately it sounds like you are OK other than a few bumps and bruises.

I have to agree with your comment about the "other drivers" on the road. You can't control them and that is what scares me everytime I take my Mustang out. Foutunately I don't have to drive mine in the winter, I worry enough on bright sunny 85 degree Summer days let alone a snow covered Winter day. Let us know how you make out with the body shop.
5 speed, Hurst Competition Plus, 3 chamber Flows, 3.08's.

2010 VW GTI 2dr 6MT
(no pictures yet)

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee
scott93gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 01:24 PM   #4
WADS56
gear banger

Quote:
Originally posted by stangsrule
MissBlondie, I am really sorry to hear about that and am at least glad that you weren't hurt any worse than you are. Hate to say it but it coould have been much worse... Hopefully the body shop can fix the stang back up to what it was. Man, you really do have horrible luck with "other" drivers! Hope you are feeling better real soon! We all have the auto show to go to after all!!! Good luck and hang in there!

When is everyone going to the auto show? Count me in because I always go and it would be cool to meet some of the stangers here.

That sucks about your car Blondie. With some luck they may total it so you can get a new stang. They are never put back together as good as new. Glad to hear that you are ok

Wade

Ricer hater's club member #49
WADS56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 02:20 PM   #5
VeNuM
Registered Member

Jill, I'm sorry to hear about your unfornuate night. Glad to hear you're ok, I know it's a bummer that your car got smashed up but at least cars can fixed, it's harder for human bodies to be fixed though. I know an EXCELLENT body shop. It's right across the street from where I work on the Downers Grove/Lisle border right next to 355. It's called Auto Body Unlimited. Drop me a message if you want their info. I know someone who used to work there and have gotten 2 of our cars (2001 Grand Am GT and 2000 Impala) fixed there. And don't worry about your luck, it always gets better ~Brian

Coming not so soon: 408w

Ricer Hater's Club Member #59
VeNuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 02:34 PM   #6
MissBlondie
Registered Member

Unhappy

I highly doubt that they will total it, unless there's some major engine damage in the front, but I doubt it. I'm hoping to hear something by the end of the day. I'm going to see the doctor in about an hour and a half because my wrist is swollen up like the size of an orange.

Let me know what anyone's doing for the auto show, I want to go again this year as well.

~Jill
Old 01-14-2003, 02:35 PM   #7
XR1stang
Registered Member

wow, sorry to hear about that

at least you are alive and alble to walk after that. It could have been much worse. Did the police estimate how fast the explorer driver was going? Did you get a copy of the police report?

Rest some and hopefully you will be back in action before you know it. I hope the stang is ok too.

XR1stang
Old 01-14-2003, 02:38 PM   #8
redthunder
Registered Member

newbie here and I'd like to give my .02 with being rear ended. Last year about this
time, the wife and I were rear ended. Never went to the hospital. Two or three days
later was contacted by a chiropracter and he explained our rights. We went to him at
no charge to us. Found out we were both messed up. Saw the chiro guy for three months.
He released us, we negotiated with the other guys insurance company, and within a few
days after that we left his insurance company with a $13,000 check. Of course the chiro guy
had to get paid, which dropped our part to $7,000. The insurance lady told us that the amount
of damage done to your vehicle is proportional to how much you receive. We had about $2,000
worth of damage. To tell ya the truth, I wish it would never had happened, but, since it did, be
sure you get what you are entitled to.

ps-the car is easily fixable, but, you will be watching your rear view mirror for a LONG time....
I still am.

r/t
redthunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 02:51 PM   #9
mustanggt_50
Registered Member

wow, sorry to hear about your crash, ppl really do need to realize the conditions outside and just slow down, its not worth it to be in a hurry all the time, esspecially when its slippery, anyways, glad to hear you werent seriously injured.
87 GT T-roof (needs paint) lol, rebuilt motor and trans, AOD - stage 2 shift kit, 3.73 gears - auburn posi, Dynomax Super Turbo Cat Back, FRPP 155lph fuel pump, K&N filter - air silencer removed, subframe connectors, strut tower brace.

88 GT T-roof

1989 LX Coupe 5.0 - 5spd

Rice Haters Club member#105
mustanggt_50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 04:08 PM   #10
EZRIDN
Registered Member

Sorry to hear about that. Glad you are ok. Maybe you might think of moving somewhere that does not get snow....Like south Florida

'87 GT..5 spd...Stock...14.4 @ 97 SOLD

'90 GT Conv. A4 Cream Puff...14.6 @ 94 SOLD

'99 Z28..A4..Stock stall, no tuning, all motor, full weight 11.92 @ 117.95 SOLD

'03 Centennal Edition GT 5 spd. 1 of 620 5 spd coupes made.

http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/timeline/99-04/03/100th.htm

Stock.....
13.89 @ 99.03

http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/timeline/99-04/03/100th.htm
EZRIDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 05:21 PM   #11
bigbandjohn
Registered Member

My prayers and wishes are with you.

Glad you are ok and not bed-ridden.

Sorry you have to go through this.

Many of us have had this happen too.

But, if you can walk away, that's a real blessing

Heree's to fast healing!
bigbandjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 08:07 PM   #12
The Deuce
Registered Member

I thought you had put the Mustang away for the winter?

Sorry to hear about the crash. At least you weren't on the bike, eh?

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 09:09 PM   #13
Pokey 5.0
Prince the Porcelain Pimp

sorry to hear about you and yer car.

where do you go to school at?(im guessing U.I.C or De Paul)

and its nice to finally see some people on here from the chicago area(i dont feel so lonely anymore! lol)

Tony
NMRA P/S #5131

CMP Racing
Flaming River
Pakman Motorsports
Belden Inc.
UPR Products
All Show Polishing (Rob 708-997-0226)
Strange Engineering
Pokey 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 09:23 PM   #14
srv1
Get down.....

sorry to hear you got hurt. your a kind hearted person too. well make sure the insurance company goes over it well and make sure they fix the air conditioning if it is damaged. that usually gets overlooked.

what about the person you hit? are you reliable for that? you would be amazed that people who had the same situation as you, get sued because you hit them!

Good luck and make sure these insurance companies dont take you for a ride!!

James...
Old 01-14-2003, 09:27 PM   #15
MissBlondie
Registered Member

Deuce, I didn't know I must've not been paying attention to the weather, because I didn't know it was gonna snow that early last night or I would've had my truck out.

Pokey-Where are you from out here??

Thanks for all your thoughts everyone. They still haven't given me an estimate on my car yet, but I know it's gonna hurt when I get it. It's just not the same. The doctor took x-rays of my wrist and forearm today and said that it's just badly bruised.

~Jill
Old 01-14-2003, 10:11 PM   #16
Pokey 5.0
Prince the Porcelain Pimp

Quote:
Originally posted by MissBlondie

Pokey-Where are you from out here??

Lyons (2 mins south of the brookfield zoo)

Tony
NMRA P/S #5131

CMP Racing
Flaming River
Pakman Motorsports
Belden Inc.
UPR Products
All Show Polishing (Rob 708-997-0226)
Strange Engineering
Pokey 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 01:16 AM   #17
HotRoddin
cranky old man

Quote:
Originally posted by redthunder

later was contacted by a chiropracter and he explained our rights. We went to him at
no charge to us. Found out we were both messed up.
You were hurt so bad someone had to tell you you were hurt ? and you got 13 grand ... next time anybody wants to know why insurance rates are so freekin high, re-read that post.

Really sorry to hear about you and your car Blondie Hopefully everything will turn out ok for you ... and don't get me wrong, if you're hurt you are entitled to be compensated ... don't hesitate to see the doctor if you need too.
HotRoddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 07:39 AM   #18
redthunder
Registered Member

Hey HotRoddin,
The wife and I were in a similar accident about 8 years ago. We went to the hospital, they checked
us over and said we were OK. We both were hurting for years after. After this recent accident, we didn't
go to the hospital cause it was going to be a waste of time, they were going to tell us the same thing. If that
chiro wouldn't have called us, we wouldn't have done anything about it, and would have dealt with the pain. We had x-rays taken, and our necks and lower backs were messed up. LIke I said before, I wished it never happened, and would be glad to give the money back to not have gone through that. I just got paid for my pain and suffering, it should have been WAY more than $7,000. What would you have done?
Did YOUR insurance rates go up last summer for no apparent reason?
r/t
good day.....
redthunder is offline   Reply With Quote