MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-12-2002, 07:55 PM   #1
andy669
Registered Member

Default Went to Jersey for the first time..

... this weekend for the NMRA Nationals at Atco. That track has by far the rudest track officials I have ever seen. I wish I could have seen more of the east coast but I was not able to. Maybe next time.

Andy

91 LX NMRA Pure Street 5120
andy669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2002, 09:12 PM   #2
srv1
Get down.....

welcome to the northeast!
srv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2002, 09:28 PM   #3
LxMustangRacer
Registered Member

I was in jersey last week on vacation. It's so nice out there, and all the beautiful women.... Too bad the driving sucks. People cutting you off left and right, and you can't go 5 min without someone honking their horn. One of the main roads by where we were staying(in seaside heights), think it was 37, you had to turn right to turn left. I've never seen that before, it made getting around such a pain. But we still had fun so it's alright.
LxMustangRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2002, 05:12 AM   #4
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Quote:
Originally posted by LxMustangRacer
I was in jersey last week on vacation. It's so nice out there, and all the beautiful women.... Too bad the driving sucks. People cutting you off left and right, and you can't go 5 min without someone honking their horn. One of the main roads by where we were staying(in seaside heights), think it was 37, you had to turn right to turn left. I've never seen that before, it made getting around such a pain. But we still had fun so it's alright.
A.) You came here on VACATION??? Don't hear that much..
B.) Beautiful women??? I can spot a pretty woman a mile away, but chicks here are known for their vast amounts of hairspray and bad attitudes before their "beauty" LOL
C.) Sleazeside is known for its crime AND its jughandle turns (which are ALL over Jersey, btw)

This is coming from someone who JUST moved here

Andy: Trust me, this place isn't worth visiting again
Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2002, 10:54 AM   #5
LxMustangRacer
Registered Member

My buddy wanted to go there on vacation, because mtv was down there. Really didn't matter where we went, just somewhere away from home. I was trying not to be completely negative about jersey as to not offend anyone too much, hence the comment about girls. We didn't run into any problem with crime, unless you count the high prices of the amusment park on the boardwalk.
LxMustangRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2002, 11:10 AM   #6
RPM427
Registered Member

I went to Atco this weekend as well. I know what you mean about the officials. They kept kicking people out of the staging lanes and acting like they were hot sh*t. I was surprised that there were so few pro 5.0 cars. I left after the jet car to get a jump on traffic. That is ironic becuase I spent the next 6 HOURS in bumper to bumper traffic (it took me 2 hours to get to the track). It was moving so slow that I could not engage the clutch completely in first. I ended up frying my clutch and my car is undrivable now. I am putting in a centerforce dual friction over the course of the week after work (I don't have a garage and the heat index is 110 F, sounds like fun

-1994 Ranger w/ 427cid windsor (daily beater)
check it out!
RPM427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2002, 11:27 AM   #7
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Quote:
Originally posted by LxMustangRacer
We didn't run into any problem with crime, unless you count the high prices of the amusment park on the boardwalk.
LOL I hear that! Ugh, Slime TV is in NJ??? At least they will fit in Pay no mind to my negative comments, I'm glad you had a good time here!
Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2002, 02:56 PM   #8
andy669
Registered Member

I have never been out east before so I was expecting everyone to be rude. I have been hearing for years how rude everyone is supposed to be there. Other than Atco raceway, I found it to be quite the contrary. Every place we stopped the people were just as friendly as could be.

I would like to go back and see more of the northeast. I think that area has a certain identity to it. Living in the midwest, I feel that our make-up is just a combination of NE, SE, NW, and SW. I feel we're the 'mutt' of the U.S..... hehehe.. Well I cant quite explain it, but it makes sense to me...lol..

Andy

91 LX NMRA Pure Street 5120
andy669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2002, 07:26 PM   #9
PKRWUD

I haven't been to N.J. in at least 5 years, but I'd have to agree. I found the majority of the people to be some of the nicest, smartest people around. It has some beautiful geography, too. N.J. actually has a lot to offer, if you're willing to have it.

Take care,
~Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2002, 07:32 PM   #10
blackfang
Registered Member

I am originally from the jersey shore, but quite a bit south of seaside. I went home this past weekend, and realize why i call this place the ******* of misery. Yes the women are hot, but they have the attitude which would cause a guy to become gay. Glad you had fun.

2000 Z/28
Ram Air, EGR mod, Lid w/K&N, Flowtech cutout
blackfang is offline   Reply With Quote