MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-04-2001, 10:18 PM   #1
91GTturbo
Registered Member

Post Went to the track, someone gets killed!

I went to North Wilkesboro(1/8) tonight to watch the races. I didn't drive the mustang as I'm still not confident I have the overheating issues fixed. Anyway the night started out pretty good until the guys on motorcycles start running and some decided to start showing off by riding on the back tire the entire length of the track. Then it happens, some guy crossed the line running in the 80s, set it down and lost control. It threw him off the bike into the wall and then up the track. It was dark, but it appeared they had him covered with a sheet and the ambulance that responded turned it's lights off shortly after arriving.
91GTturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2001, 10:29 PM   #2
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Thumbs down

Nobody seems to pay any attention on a bike until somebody gets hurt... bad.

You must respect the machine you "think" you're in control of. Snowmobiles, motorcycles, and ATV's especially. Often people don't and they get burned.

Too bad, but when you get people mixing speed with stupid, and this is what happens.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2001, 10:30 PM   #3
69fastback
IRAQ VET

wow that really sucks. I hate to see stuff like that happen. I bet none of the other guys where showing off after that.

------------------
69 428 cobra jet: tons of mods.
97 f-150 5.4 xlt mark III
BUCKLE UP. SUCK IT IN.
Objects in the mirror are about to disappear...
QUICKLY!!!!!!

69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2001, 03:44 AM   #4
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Unhappy

I hate to see that sh**. Before I was into Stangs and Harley's before that, we were HEAVY into fast boats. I saw before my eyes, a guy get killed on the river running his boat. Horrible site. Of corse they were race boats. Small, and streamlined. But what got him was another boat running ACROSS his boat. It's never a good feeling seeing something like that, but at least you know that they died doing something that they loved dearly!! If that is any comfort at all!!!! Sorry you had to expierience that!! Makes you think....

------------------
1994 GT CONVERTIBLE
TOPLESS IN TEXAS Girls can too's July "Mare of the Month"

Performance Red. Cold Air Ind.,K&N,H.P. Pulleys,OffRoad H-Pipe,Subframe Connectors,Flows,3.55,Light bar,Custom HeadRests.Lotta Chrome
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2001, 07:36 AM   #5
91GTturbo
Registered Member

I'm interested in seeing if the track makes any changes in how these guys ride there now. It started with two guys and just kept getting worse. The thing was even after they passed the line they continued to ride all the way to the end of the shut down area before they set them down. The track officials didn't even see this guy go down, they let the next two guys stage and take off before we or anyone else could get them to notice someone was down. Luckly the two guys that started saw everyone waving them off before it could get worse.
91GTturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2001, 11:02 AM   #6
PGkelly
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Topless In Texas:
I was into Harley's
well i'm sorry to hear that.

in all seriuousness though, it always sucks to see people get hurt/killed.

------------------
If it ain't broke, make it go faster

AOL: MCVillain45
PGkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2001, 09:48 PM   #7
90dpscoupe
Registered Member

Thought i would share my story, a couple weeks ago i was at the track, i had just ran down the strip, got my timeslip, and rolling down the side (behind the bleachers) heading towards the launch pad again. A guy on a motorcycle comes flying out of the parking areas where trailers, and racers are parked, and came very close to "t-bone" into my door, he locked up the brakes, and it threw him off! i immediately stopped, to see 3 guys helping him up, he was alright, and picked up his bike, which was at that time leaking oil from somewhere, and broke some fiberglass, a couple of the wittnesses said we were both going too fast, but i simpy told them i had the right away, since i was coming off the track, and most people agreed.

Plus, i was turning into the staging area, and my car doesnt turn at fast speeds, (no swaybar) so i was only rolling at a slow speed. I just left after the inccodent, and i was feeling really bad for the guy .

------------------
90 lx coupe: 5spd, energy susp trans mounts, fms hd clutch, Mac coldair fenderwell, Mac h-pipe, supercoil, ADS chip, 160 stat, aluminum D/S, Black magic fan, 3.27grs.
Best time: 13.9116(on 225/60/15 firehawks)
Best mph: 98.17
Best 60': 1.9607

someday mods:4.10's, slicks.
90dpscoupe is offline   Reply With Quote