MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-09-2005, 12:12 PM   #1
chrisallen
Registered Member

Default What does everyone think about this car?

I used to belong to the forum a few years back(sold my last stang 4-5 years ago I guess, in the users ride my last ride is still there under chrisa72). I have been driving mostly trucks since having bought a house, and I need something to fill the empty void I have since getting rid of that last mustang. I found a car nearby, owned by slp. Here is a link below to it. I am going to go look at it later today. Its a 2003 gt 5spd, mach 1000, leather, full exhaust, shifter, tuning, fr500 wheels and stock wheels included, few other things, and has 9000 miles on it. Talking to the director of engineering at slp, he drives it back and forth to work, about 95% of its miles, and the other 5% has been testing and tuning.....driving it hard. They want 15,999 for it, it went up to $14000 on ebay. They say it will come with a letter of authenticity.....from slp, but that doesnt really make a difference to me. Does this car seem like its worth it? Just trying to get some other people's opinions. I know a new one could be bought for around 20k...........???? Any thoughts?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT
chrisallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 12:18 PM   #2
chrisallen
Registered Member

Default Re: What does everyone think about this car?

Here is a pic of my last baby.....It didnt look like this when I sold it........I had repainted the bottom a bright silver, no hood protector, no crappy tail lights(put new lx lights on), factory spoiler back on, lowered the car and did a bunch of other "stuff" lol. It was a super clean factory appearing car. I young kid bought it from me and his parents just handed me a bank check without even looking at it. They told me he had totalled his last one. I nearly threw up, but I had to sell it and got good money for it. If I could scan a picture of it when I sold it, I would and post it.......maybe one day.
Old 02-10-2005, 10:36 PM   #3
The Deuce
Registered Member

I don't buy the hp numbers. Without a blower, I'm going to call BS on it.

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 12:47 AM   #4
chrisallen
Registered Member

Those are not rear wheel numbers.......so they said? I went and took a look at the car, and its in pretty nice shape. Not caring really about the numbers, the car is 03 gt, leather, 5spd, mach1000, 10k miles, has a set of chrome ford fr500 rims and tires that were used for photo shoots, and the stock polished wheels with good tires, full exhaust(long tubes, x pipe w/hollowed cats......said they would give me the high flow x pipe w/good cats........their loud mouth cat back), pulleys, short shifter, air intake, 3.73s, and maybe something Im forgetting. For just under 16k? I know the car has been dynoed a bunch of times, been to the track 3 times(2 at englishtown, and 1 somewhere else for a ford race day). The guy used this to go back and forth to work and to develop their products for the late model gt's. Not that I dont think its worth it, but what does everyone think about it?? Opinions please
Old 02-12-2005, 09:25 AM   #5
The Deuce
Registered Member

Still, did they port the heads or something?

320 is what then N/A Cobra's were rated at the crank, and I would think that if it was that easy to extract that power from an n/a sohc 2v, Ford would have done it already, and gotten more than 300 out of the 3v.

If you like the car, go for it. Development cars get thrashed really hard, regardless of what he says. I've known enough guys who've had them to not believe the car wasn't run hard most of the time.

Can he email you a copy of a dyno sheet?
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 02:06 PM   #6
red82gt
Sober voice of Reason

I don't doubt the power numbersthat much, they may be a touch high but with the custom tuning with the predator I don't see it as far fetched. My friends 99GT with just an offroad X, 2 1/4" flowmasters, and a K&N put down 250rwhp and trapped 103mph. With porting the stock upper plenum (you know,the mod that they claim doesn't work-yet every company makes an aftermarket plenum) it consistently trapped over 104 with a couple of 105's. That's around 300hp and that is without any computer work at all.
Old 02-12-2005, 02:13 PM   #7
chrisallen
Registered Member

[QUOTE=The Deuce]Still, did they port the heads or something?

QUOTE]
No, he said the motor was never opened up. I forgot about the chip and tuning. I will ask him about the dyno numbers next time I talk to him. I just cant find any deal similar to this........just the wheels/tires alone are worth almost 2k that are going with the car. Im gonna look into the numbers more.
Old 02-12-2005, 04:14 PM   #8
bigred90gt
2 Stangs in the Stable

Dude, I'd jump on it. Its 2 years old, and should still be covered under the factory warranty since they havent opened up the motor. I bought a stock 01 gt in august of 03 for 13,900 with 15k on it. I would get it.
Rice Haters Club Member #128
bigred90gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 06:11 PM   #9
chrisallen
Registered Member

I asked them about that also and they said the same. Should have about a year and a half or 26k miles left so the motor should be covered along with the trans I would think. Im gonna see what I can do Monday.
Old 02-13-2005, 08:04 PM   #10
Rev
Registered Member

My car recedntly dynoed 280 RWHP with a home grown 306 with a C-4. I wouldn't doubt that SLP could get that much from 4.6 with a 5 speed.

Rev

O.B.C. #2

'66 coupe
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote