View Single Post
Old 07-04-2006, 07:01 AM   #2
RBatson
Registered Member

Exclamation Re: What Ever Happened To Bleeding Ford Blue?????

The main problem I have with Ford is their service, it sucks. I dropped the mustang off to get an oil change, align the front end, fix the power window and check for a noise coming from the rear.. a week later I called to see how it was going, I hadn't heard from them and they said they lost my number. I asked if everything was finished and they said yes. I said oil change, front end, window and the noise? They said "Oh, umm.. you wanted the oil changed too?" Yeah, the oil changed too. They called back the next week and said it was ready to pick up. I dropped my Avalanche off at the dealership to check for an oil leak and change the oil. A salesman gave me a ride, in a new car, to the Ford dealership. I paid the bill and went to get in the car, my window was scratched. I go back inside and someone comes out and looks at the window and says they will cover it under warranty. I'm thinking, that was easy, maybe they finally fixed their service issues(I'd consider a new F250 if they had). I have to ride in a van with 4 other people, all over town, before I finally get home. The Chevy dealership called the next day, the oil leak was a simple fix and the truck was ready. I told them to go ahead and change the tranny fluid and wash it. They call the next day, the truck is ready and its washed inside and out for $20 more. I get the truck. Meanwhile the Ford dealership calls and says they won't cover the window and say its because its dirty is why its scratched. This is after the service rep has told me they would cover it and called to see if the window was in stock(while I was standing there). I'm hot by this point and tell them I want to talk to the manager, they end up getting a Ford rep to look at it.. again, they won't cover it. So I go to pick it up and they try to charge me again for the service I already paid. I tell the service rep that this is why I won't be buying an F250, crap like this. We argue about it and I asked "did someone have to take that door panel off to fix that window regulator?" I get a 'deer in the headlights' look and they say "ummm, yes". I say "It seems kinda funny to me that the window is fine when I bring it in, you work on the window and now its scratched!" They said, "you have a point". I said, "its the felt on the end of the guide that holds the window steady, it needs to be replaced. It must have come off." Something I already told them a few times. They finally say they will replace the felt. They call back a couple days later and its ready. The window is slightly etched but its not scratching the window while sliding up and down. I tell them I will be selling the car and Ford will get a letter. They call back and say they will replace the window, I haven't returned that call.. the car is sold. I'm not sending a letter, I just won't be buying a new Ford until they do something about their service or lack thereof. I have other stories but I won't bore you with them and while I know this dealership sucks, its not just this one. The Chevy dealership always gave or offered a free rental when I took the Avalanche in for service under warranty(and I bought the truck in Orlando). Ford, never. Chevy will usually call or send a letter wanting to know how the recent service went. Ford, never. So if Ford wants to know why they are losing business, this is why. Service cost money but its the price of keeping loyal customers, something Chevy seems to have picked up on. I know a couple of diehard Ford people that recently switched to Chevy because of this. Who wants to spent $50k on a truck and not get good service? Not me. I don't care how good the truck is.. at some point it will need service. I hope someone from Ford reads this; You guys have some serious service and integrity issues at your dealerships.

I will probably never sell my 89 mustang and I may buy another Ford product, I've always wanted an 68 Cougar but I will not be buying a new Ford vehicle anytime soon unless they make some serious changes in their service dept.