MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-29-2002, 11:03 PM   #1
ghostfacedriver
Registered Member

Default what if ricers were like....

Hey everyone, I was just thinking about how almost everyone hates ricers on this message board. (and I don't blame you guys). But i was just wondering what if they didnt have huge spoilers and all the graphics and fart cans. What if they were just civics and eclipse that liked to race. Would you hate them then, they would still be slower (well most of them) but would you even make fun of them. And what do you guys consider a ricer. I know someone who has a Mustang GT with neon under lights. do you consider that a riced out car? I'm just curious, I'm not trying to start a big arguement but i was just wondering....I personally dont like ricers either.
ghostfacedriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2002, 11:20 PM   #2
LABARINTH
Registered Member

I personally don't care about ricers one way or another...what's the point in wasting my time hating them...they are just doing what they want to there cars and if they like it, good for them...at least they like cars like we all do...being that cars are the coolest things on earth I can't blame them for liking them..they just do things differently then we do...I think we should end that whole "I hate ricers" thing, and just try to push themin the right direction with positive encouragement...

but as always, that's just my opinion... take it or leave it
LABARINTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2002, 11:39 PM   #3
84LX89GT
Mustangs

My perception of a ricer is this:
Someone who adds LOTS of excessively obnoxious things to their car that have almost no redeeming value performance wise but try to convey an image of performance.

There is such a thing as "domestic rice" as well. A ricer is someone who indulges in things such as Huge stickers all over the car when it's not a sanctioned race car or sponsored by anyone. A ricer is someone who'll put a NOS sticker on their car, when in reality the only NOS thing they own is that sticker.

There is trying to make a car look GOOD...then there's someone who's trying to make a car look FAST and have a REALLY SLOW or near stock car. That is a ricer.

I admire people who take the dedication to make their cars faster for the pure pleasure of driving a performance vehicle rather than trying to convey the image and be trendy.

I think you missed the meaning of "ricer". It's NOT someone who drives a japanese car. It's someone who is image driven (and usually cheap/takes shortcuts) and tries to get the whole "image" of having a fast car when in reality they've added things that make it look ugly/obnoxious/rainbow colored/horrible color combinations, etc.

Most ricers just happen to pick Japanese cars, which is where the whole term came from. The Japanese cars started the trend and now it is spreading to alot of other vehicle lines.

1980 Ford Thunderbird - 255 V8
ported heads, 5.0L ported stock headers, O.R. H-pipe and Flowmaster 2-chambers, dual roller timing chain
hi-po Mack Truck hood emblem

1985 Mustang GT 5.0L T5, F-303, GT40p, headers, off-road h, flowmasters, MSD stuff, etc.

Sold 02/06/04
1989 Mustang GT ET: 13.304@102.29 mph (5-24-03)

Sold - 1998 Mustang Cobra coupe, 1/4 mile - street tires: 13.843@103.41 (bone stock)
84LX89GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2002, 12:11 AM   #4
speedemn
Registered Member

EXACTLY!!! FINALLY!

Quote:
Originally posted by 84LX89GT
My perception of a ricer is this:
Someone who adds LOTS of excessively obnoxious things to their car that have almost no redeeming value performance wise but try to convey an image of performance.

There is such a thing as "domestic rice" as well. A ricer is someone who indulges in things such as Huge stickers all over the car when it's not a sanctioned race car or sponsored by anyone. A ricer is someone who'll put a NOS sticker on their car, when in reality the only NOS thing they own is that sticker.

There is trying to make a car look GOOD...then there's someone who's trying to make a car look FAST and have a REALLY SLOW or near stock car. That is a ricer.

I admire people who take the dedication to make their cars faster for the pure pleasure of driving a performance vehicle rather than trying to convey the image and be trendy.

I think you missed the meaning of "ricer". It's NOT someone who drives a japanese car. It's someone who is image driven (and usually cheap/takes shortcuts) and tries to get the whole "image" of having a fast car when in reality they've added things that make it look ugly/obnoxious/rainbow colored/horrible color combinations, etc.

Most ricers just happen to pick Japanese cars, which is where the whole term came from. The Japanese cars started the trend and now it is spreading to alot of other vehicle lines.
speedemn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2002, 12:32 PM   #5
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Don't forget the childish and foolish behavior!

I've seen ricers do a lot of dum things.

20016 F150 Lariat Super Crew
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2002, 03:52 PM   #6
mustangdani55
Registered Member

Everyone has their opinions on ricers. I like the way SOME of them look..be it within certain paramaters...like my fancy language?
No giant wings, or ungodly things like that..
But when someone rices out a domestic car..be it a ford, pontiac,chebby, whatever, that is just in my opinion POOR TASTE

The other day I was driving around the south side of indy, and I saw the most hilarious thing I had ever seen in my whole life.
A '96 trans am with the tallest wing I have ever seen and the car is red/orange with lime green stripes and all kind of stickers all over it. If I can get the digital away from the boss, I will hunt that guy down and after I get up from rolling all over the ground, I will try to get a pic and post it.
I also realize that it is whoevers perogative to do to their car whatever they want..ButDON'T EXPECT EVERYONE TO GO GAGA OVER IT!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-30-2002, 04:42 PM   #7
7000rpmisheaven
Registered Member

I once saw a riced out late 80's prelude with cobra fender emblems. I'd say that crosses the line.
milodon water pump, FMS 9mm wires, aluminum driveshaft, king cobra clutch
7000rpmisheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2002, 04:55 PM   #8
speedemn
Registered Member

HAHAHA yes that definetly crosses the line.

The thing with Hondas is that you see an ugly one like that and think that how could it possibly get uglier and you are guaranteed to find an answer to that question soon enough!

I don't know what the big stigma is behind Honda owners making their cars so ugly! If they left it completely stock it would be 10x better (looking and performing) than the **** they do to it.

I guess with Hondas the aftermarket is so huge that they can do pretty much anything their imaginations want.

Quote:
Originally posted by 7000rpmisheaven
I once saw a riced out late 80's prelude with cobra fender emblems. I'd say that crosses the line.
speedemn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2002, 01:42 AM   #9
FrankenStang
Registered Member

Lightbulb ghostfacedriver

Not everyone here hates "ricers" .........oops yea sure we do. But ricing is a state of mind. If someone had told me they could only afford a civic and they wanted to fix it up....I'd say sure ,but to put on those wings and make it sound like a bumble bee on steriods...I'd say "You're crazy man.Do something useful with your time and get a real job". Ricers are attitude , one of which I personnally don't appreciate. The "Ricer Fly By" for instance is one of my biggest **** offs. A guy/gal who is all show and no go that is a ricer ....... domestic or foreign.

96gt (with 99 2v engine)
FrankenStang is offline   Reply With Quote