View Single Post
Old 11-23-2005, 02:56 AM   #29
MEDIK418
Registered Member

Default Re: What kind of job do you have??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hethj7
I never thought about you being from Amarillo. I'm currently in Borger working at a refinery. I'm too lazy to check what company is the second largest producer, but you don't happen to drive to Borger everyday do you?

Anyways, I'm a mechanical engineer working for an engineering/consulting firm. I work in the process/industrial division where out major clients are food producers, chemical production plants, and oil refineries. I'm currently working at our Borger, TX jobsite, which is at an oil refinery.
The key words here are "refining company" While there are larger oil companies, we are the second largest in refining capacity. The term "Greenfield" and its predisposition toward fire station absorption describes what happened to my last office. Perhaps you've heard the term.
1986 four-eyed LX coupe, 358 Cleveland, Tremec TKO600/centerforce clutch, dish cut Probe forged pistons, comp cams hyd.roller cam, .579/.588@224/230, Edel.performer, 670 holley street avenger, CPR custom built long tubes, ported and polished 4bbl heads, manley valves, beehive springs, MSD peo-billet dist/MSD6AL, fluidamper, 5 lug conv. with 17x8 bullits there's more but it's still not finished yet.
Oh, and the oldest boy is turning his 89 GT into a FFR cobra this next summer.
MEDIK418 is offline   Reply With Quote