MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-21-2001, 01:17 AM   #1
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Lightbulb New Delimia. Friend says he'll sell me or TIm C his 67 Fairlane!

Okay, To challenge my decision making skills even more, my friend Eric has complicated my problem.

I posted a few weeks back about my friend with the BAD A$$ 67 Fairlane not selling his car, well he called me today and said he'd sell it to me or TIM C only, for 5000$.

Cheaper than a Factory Five Replica Cobra, not as stylish, but one BAD MOTHER of a car. The motor alone probably has over that much in it. All it needs is a clutch to run.

It needs a carpet, a dash, some wiring (which I could do easily), some Tuning up (again I could do easily), rear bumper, and some TLC to make it presentable.

Its got a new Carolina Blue paint job, Original almost perfect seats and door panels. Factory Power Disc Brakes, Factory 4:11's and traction bars with the Drag Pack suspension. Toploader Four Speed, 9 inch locker, ONE HELL OF A BUILT UP 390. Accoding to Desk top Dyno it was pushing over 500 HP and almost as much Torque with a 600 CFM Carb.

I would add, A roll cage with two sets of Five point harness's, a bigger carb (About 800 CFM) and upgrade to electronic ignition.

NO rust, no wrecks, no exhaust, an no damaged glass. What more could you ask for out of a classic Muscle car.

AC Cobra, or Drag racing mid 11 second 390 Fairlane that could probably pick the front wheels off the ground with slicks? ARGHHHHH. Man life is full of difficult decisions.

To give you an idea of how quick it is, we raced a New 2000 FireHawk with it. 3 people in the Fairlane, Eric had to double clutched between shifts, spun through all four gears, only had the 65-70 percent of the throttle Open (Carb linkage all out of whack. Found that out two weeks after), with TIming on TDC, and still hung right beside him.

------------------
64 1/2 "D" code Red Mustang Coupe. 289, C4, Mallory duel point. Ported & Polished 65 heads shaved .01 with 351 valves, 11:1 comp, 1.7:1 rockers, blue wolverine lumpy cam, modified 4100 Hipo 4 barrel. GT Apperance pkg. And to many others to list

2000 Perf Red Mustang GT. 5spd. BBK Underdrive pulleys, Flotech off-road H pipe. Hurst T-Handle, 40 series Flowmasters, Steeda Tri-Ax. Ordered 4:10's.

64 1/2 red 6cyl coupe. Future resto.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2001, 10:07 AM   #2
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

***** the Cobra get the Fairlane. People are kinda expecting to get beat when racing a Cobra, but every one hates to get beat be a box like a Fairlane. Not to mention they are a totaly awsome car. It's cheaper, just a fast or faster, and muscle car history not a replica.

------------------
THE SLO PONY
1992 Ford Mustand LX. 2.3 liter four-banger, auto. Future mods: V-8 swap.
Fly it loud, Fly it proud!!!

If it ain't broke, you ain't tryin hard enough
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2001, 10:16 AM   #3
TXinPA
Registered Member

Ohhh, baby, buy that thing and I'm coming over!!! hahahaha! I'd buy it if I were you. Oh, I still have that set of headers for one of those. Ya know, the Doug Thorleys from the 70's with the pipes that cross over undreneath...

Do you still plan on selling your old Mustangs?
TXinPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2001, 01:01 PM   #4
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

I love the Fairlane, but I wouldnt sell either of my 64 1/2s for it.

Problem arises when Storgae is concerned. I wouldnt want the car sitting outside all the time. And I would be hard pressed to come up with the money at the moment without selling one of my beloved 64 1/2s.

Well at least I dont have to worry about it falling into the wrong hands, my friend said he'd only sell it to me or TIM C. I can save up.

Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2001, 02:05 PM   #5
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

Cool

Fairlane = 11's, and you'd have it pretty quick. The Cobra is going to take a loooooong time to build, but if your "actually" going to build one I would wait on buying anything else. Also I wouldn't buyit(Fairlane) if you had to sell your stangs.

------------------
-1989 GT, not stock.

-2000 Camaro SS-A4,
13.4's bone stock.

-1989 Chevy S-10, EX. Cab-383(500+hp on motor), tubbed, trick flow heads, trick flow pistons, etc... autometer phantom gauges, "built" 700R4, roll cage, lexan back window, corbeau seats, R.H.S. 5 harnesses, Fuel cell, convo pro wheels, 15x14's with 29x18.5 M/T'S on back, 15x4's on front, nitrous, and so much more!
1BAD89 is offline   Reply With Quote