View Single Post
Old 02-09-2002, 08:53 PM   #3
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Exclamation Political party time!

I'm a conservative Republican. Surprise!

The two-party system is alive and well in America and the premise that they are both the same is easily disproven by simply looking at the difference between President Bush and former President Clinton. If you can't see the difference, you shouldn't bother to vote next time.

We get the government and the politicians we want.

If we allow 'our' party to nominate and back people who do not represent our views then we are just as responsible for the 'bad' politicians that generates as the party hacks that offer us these losers.

On the other hand, if we choose to stand back, sneer and claim that the 'system' is corrupted, we lose any chance to have the slightest effect on who gets elected and what laws are passed. If you want to fight, get in the game and don't just throw up your hands and complain.

I'm politically active but I don't back Republicans that don't reflect (at least) a majority of my views but I also understand that no politician will agree with me 100% , all the time.

I love partianship!

I want my State Representative, Congressman, Senator and President to fight the other side for my (our party) point of view. If he/she is going to go along with the other side all the time, why bother? There is a lot of difference between the Republican and Democrat parties and they can never agree on some important issues but they can- and do - compromise.
I believe they should, when possible, but in the end, I want my man/woman in Congress or wherever to fight for party principles.

That's why I strongly support President Bush. He's a staunch Republican but he compromises when he can. I don't agree with everything he's compromised on, but overall, he does a great job and is an excellent leader for the times we live in.

Did I mention that I was a Republican?
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote