MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-13-2004, 10:06 AM   #1
KiltedBanshees93GT
Registered Member

Default What are they thinking?LOL

We have a guy at work, (the new guy) and he has established himself as the king of BS in only a month or two. I just thought I'd share a few of his gems, maybe you folks will get a chuckle.
You have to understand , most of our crew are gearheads of various flavors, actually almost all. So natrally cars are a big topic. (I'm not even going to touch on some of his other "hobbies/abilities/professions")
Well, not too long after he started he was telling us about the 5k he had invested in motor of the 6cyl truck he drove. He scoffed at me when I mentioned that my 289 had a 600cfm carb: "Heck my throttle body is a 680!" (also, while showing me his pavement tearing beast I noticed that his "K&N" had orange rubber around the top and bottom)

He later mentioned that when he got on it, he could "pull the front wheels up". Naturally we called him on it, he wasn't able to break traction in a straight line, finally resorting to a hard 180 to break the rear loose. Of course the actual reason was that his uncle (or some third party) had come over, and without his knowlege or consent "tightened the rear brakes up and they were binding , thus preventing any burnout, and besides the manager was there so he didn't want to get in trouble".

Since then, it has continued, albiet slightly less when were together, due to one of us popping his baloons mercilessly. (To the point of bringing in webpage printouts. ) But the real tops was inflicted on me 2 days ago.

Keep in mind, that at this point, when he starts talking (which is most of the time) we generally find something, anything else in the vicinity to be occupied with. I was coming back after lunch, and he was walking next to me. On lunch we had just been talking about the fact that my boss needed a new 8.8 for his stang.
"I wonder what a 3.73 would do to a stang?"
A dark look from me, "What do you mean?"
"Well with the hp and torque."
"Um, nothing. You get off the line faster, but loose a little topend."
I forget the intervening chatter, but then he hits me with....
"Yeah, I put some 4.92's in the truck a while back, they pull really hard and I got a good increase on the top speed with them."

I dont generally call people out, I usually file it and go on, but even I had to raise the BS flag on that one. What are these people thinking? I cant imagine wanting a group of (for instance) coin collectors respect/admiration so much that I would try making up stories, while obviously knowing nothing about the subject.

You guys have any classic BS'ers you have to work with?
(BTW, he later asked my boss if the 8.8 he was looking for was a Ford or Chevy)
It just makes me laugh...then feel really bad for them.

J
Rice Haters Club Member #239

"I find your lack of faith...disturbing."

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." H. L. Mencken
KiltedBanshees93GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 12:07 PM   #2
bigred90gt
2 Stangs in the Stable

Default Re: What are they thinking?LOL

Tell him he needs to check the headlight fluid and re-charge his flux capacitor, and then just walk away and let him think about it for a while.
Rice Haters Club Member #128
bigred90gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 04:16 PM   #3
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

I love telling the new guys to change the spark plugs on the diesel motors at work
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 07:24 PM   #4
Mustang Brandon
Registered Member

Tell him he needs to check the headlight fluid and re-charge his flux capacitor, and then just walk away and let him think about it for a while.

I love telling the new guys to change the spark plugs on the diesel motors at work

that's so funny im only 15 and i still no better than that

less than 1,000 miles on new t-5, throw out bearing and clutch. completly redone exaust shorty headers, custom h pipe, flowmaster 40 series, all mandrell bent 2.5 inch tubing

i got all new headlight assembly for christmas with clear corners

www.50resto.com
Mustang Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 11:27 PM   #5
Capri306

Ah yes, along with muffler bearings and new piston rings for the RX-7.

It kinda sucks when you have to call BS on friends, though. Especially whilst drinking around a campfire. Interesting story behind that one, but I'll spare my fingers the typing.

1979 Mercury Capri
1987 5.0L Mustang LX Notchback
1993 5.8L Eddie Bauer Bronco
Capri306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 01:17 AM   #6
KiltedBanshees93GT
Registered Member

Well, I definatly wouldnt call this yutz a friend, more of an albatross It would almost be amusing if it wasnt so sad.

J

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." H. L. Mencken
Old 11-15-2004, 08:18 PM   #7
Rev
Registered Member

Ask him where he gets his hacksaw blades sharpened?

Rev

O.B.C. #2

'66 coupe
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 05:15 PM   #8
bmxmon
Registered Member

There is this kid at my school that can be a major idiot, just like that other guy. A couple months ago he was telling my that his uncle sold him like a brand new toyota SUV, not sure the name, like brand new one though, for like 3k. He tried saying it had the lcd monitors in it and all this other bs. I kept telling him, well, drive it to school then. He would make up some excuse. Then, he said that he got in an accident with it, so he just decided to finish it off and drive it though trees and leave it there. Now, just a couple of days ago, he is telling me that his uncle (maybe the same one) is giving him a 69 camaro for free, and the only thing it needs is an engine and some interior work. This kid is full of BS, and its really sad. There has been alot of other things he has tried to tell me, but most of them i forget pretty quickly.
bmxmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 09:15 AM   #9
KiltedBanshees93GT
Registered Member

Yup, I feel your pain. Yesterday when we had to jump start his wifes car (we think he doesent want to drive the truck due to us incessantaly telling him to "light 'em up") he told us about how he had push started the car. The car is an automatic.

J

Old 11-18-2004, 07:21 PM   #10
cenok is family
Registered Member

hahaha a couple years ago when i was still in highschool, i went to a votech class for auto body and there were a few people in that class that were full of bs but more specifically 1 guy and 1 girl. the guy had bought an 88 non-turbo 300zx from another asian guy in my class and was trying to tell me that 12's were really slow and that the 300zx ran 11's stock. well at the time i still had my 87 GT and everyone in my class knew i had the fastest car in the class and when i tried to call him out on a race he always made up excuses. the girl didnt know anything about cars but she was a little 'rich girl' so she always tried to brag about all these cars she was supposed to be getting. started off with a new 300z, then moved to a benz, then a bmw, then something outragious like a ferrari or something i dont remember then she ended up with a 97 civic. hahahaha. oh yeah and a kid in the auto service class had a like 95 kia sephia and he said he did some tuning on the fuel injection and gained an instant 50+ hp and he said he "eats Trans Ams and SS' for lunch". when he told me this i said "well you should race me then. if you can beat LS1's then i should be no problem in my little mustang." yeah...he made up excuses and wussed out too. haha
308 rebuilt by me, Ross forged pistons, cobra intake, thumpers with 1.94/1.6s, afm n-412 cam, 65mm tb, proflow 75mm maf, 3.5" power pipe, 24# inj, 255lph fp, 1.6 rr's, kirban afpr, u/d pullies, KC clutch, pro 5.0 shifter, 4.10's, hedman L/Ts, 2.5" H pipe, spintech prostreets, frpp alum d/s, MAC c/c plates, MSD 6al, 3G alt, f/l sfc, UPR uca's/lca's, tokico shocks/struts, maxspeed springs, HID 5000k

My CarDomain
cenok is family is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: