MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-16-2001, 09:55 PM   #1
Five0
Registered Member

Red face What is the worst or funniest thing you've done to your stang?

I got into a race with a Capri with a straight 6 300ci and I gave the guy 10 sec head start and was determined that I was going to beat him to the agreed finish line and I had to get going very fast to do it and was running out of road very fast, so after I beat him I hit the brakes and they faded. There were some railroad tracks that I hit going about 80mph.

I broke off 3 of the 4 studs off the passenger side tire, dug groves in the asphalt from the converters hitting the road, caught about 4 feet of air and almost wrecked my last car (88 gt). The guy I raced said he could see the bottom of my car.

Another thing I did was to build a spacer out of wood and it leaked like crazy and idled at like 3000 rpm's.

------------------
James Cox
nochevy@hotmail.com
1991 Mustang LX
12.565 @109.38mph 1.764 60ft
Five0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2001, 10:35 PM   #2
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

I also did the jumping of railroad tracks thing, going about 70... Luckily, no damage just a BUNCH of sparks!!! whooops!

------------------
Joe!
1988 GT, 167,000 miles!!! 13.58@105mph Check out my listing! Click here! Or my website:
www.joe4speed.com
1999 Ninja ZX-6R 10.32@135mph!
1993 Olds Eighty Eight LSS 16.40@88.8mph

joe4speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2001, 10:43 PM   #3
jimberg
Registered Member

About 10 years ago I was driving around with a friend of mine in his neighborhood. He lived in Illinois and I was visiting from Minnesota.

We were getting ready to leave his neighborhood and go out onto one of the major roads, but there were two cars right there in the middle of the intersection. Friends that felt it was necessary to catch up on everything. Well, usually when you see people do that and they see you coming, they wrap it up and move on. Not these, two though. I guess we didn't exist or something.

Anyway, I got really pissed after waiting there for what seemed like 5 minutes and jammed it in reverse and floored it. I smoked them up pretty good, but I startled my friend at the same time. He yelled something so I thought I was about to hit a person or something, so I kind of jumped and lost control. The car ran up the curb and hit a big tree, about 6" thick. There wasn't any damage to my car, other than the pile of buds that fell into it from the shock. The tree, however, had a big crack in it.

When the lady who owned the house came out, I told her that my accelerator got stuck and that her tree probably saved my life. She bought it.

Anyway, that was about the stupidest thing I've ever done in my Mustang.

------------------
351W 89 Mustang GT Convertible
jimberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2001, 10:47 PM   #4
jimberg
Registered Member

Oh, I did go airborne once. I was driving a friend to the airport and there are two routes you can take. I took the one that he didn't suggest. The reason he didn't suggest it was because there were more lights. I took it, though, because if you don't hit any lights it is shorter. The last light we could get stopped by was changing, so I floored it to make it through the intersection. That was a big mistake since the road we were crossing was really crowned. We made the light, but we must have had 2 or 3 feet between us and the ground. No damage, but a whole lot of noise.

------------------
351W 89 Mustang GT Convertible
Old 05-16-2001, 11:03 PM   #5
TJR
Registered Member

The worst...One time I was going through the gears out in the country, and at the top of third (80-90 mph)I accidently shifted into second instead of fourth. As I was letting out on the clutch, the RPMs shot up and luckily I was able to take the car out of gear before anything bad happened. I have a hurst shifter w/ T-handle and can never hit fourth. When I went to the track, out of three passes, I was only able to shift my car into fourth (slowly) once (ET in sig). The other two passes, I ended up coasting through the traps. Both those times were 14.5s, one at 88mph and the other 82mph. I don't even want to talk about the track conditions that day (Brand new starting line = no traction).

Funniest...Probably when I put my car sideways through and intersection while turning a corner and flooring it. My friends thought it was pretty funny.

------------------
1989 lx notch
89,000 miles
bolt-ons,stock heads/cam
60'- 2.07, 8.90@78, 13.93@99
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2001, 11:14 PM   #6
1BadMoFo5.0

I pulled a complete 180 across a four lane highway with a huge grass median swerving to miss a piece of a tire in the road and while... nevermind. I lost control of the rearend. I was going North in the far right lane going about 65-70 and ended up in the far right lane going South. HAHAHA. The only thing that was messed up was the driver side foglight.

------------------
89' 5.0 GT Convertible Mustang and a 69' Mustang Mach 1 Fastback. If you want to know the rest, buy the rights.
AOL name: Woodnutz351
Old 05-16-2001, 11:52 PM   #7
jimberg
Registered Member

I did blow up a clutch once accidently shifting into 2nd instead of 4th. I just had it replaced and made the shop redo it since they must have put in a "defective" clutch.
Old 05-17-2001, 12:36 AM   #8
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Wink

Back when my 64 1/2 6 cyl ran, I was out with my girlfriend at the time. I cant remember where we were going, but I remember that we were arguing because I didnt eat anything while I was at DairyQueen earlier that night ( Dont ask ).

I wasnt paying attention fully to the road, and thought I was in a straight lane. After I passed through the intersection, the lane I was in ended adruptly and I went off the road and dropped about 8 inches into the large lenght of grass acting as a median. The car slid sideways until it stopped.

I was scared as hell back then, but now I look back and laugh.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2001, 12:32 PM   #9
SmokeyDP
Registered Member

I had a 87 Boneville before I got my mustang and I used to go driving with my friends and hit all the leaf piles up on the side of the road. On this perticular road there was no curb...cept for the strip under the leaf pile. I put a whole the size of a baseball in my sidewall and the hubcap took off to god knows where.

I too also got my car in the air. I was only about a foot off though. Killed the exhaust when I landed.

------------------
1992 GT 5.0L Convertible
BBK Shorties, Flowmasters, Super Chip, Mass Air, Under Drive Pullies, Hurst Shifter, Duck Tape
AIM: SmokeyDP
SmokeyDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2001, 02:42 PM   #10
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

When my friend first got his license, his dad let us take out his 90? Tbird Supercoupe. We were just cruising, and my friend said, "Watch this, and floored it, we got up to 125, and then he said, "That's enough, now Ive got to save gas." He tried to shift the auto into nuetral (god knows why...), but he went past it and into reverse. The car made a loud grinding noise, and started shaking. We made it home, and parked it, and his older brother eventually ended up taking the blame for the broken tranny.

A year later my friends parents bought him a 95 Mustang and gave his older brother a Volvo station wagon. To this day, they hassle his brother about breaking the SC, its kind of a running joke in their family.

------------------
Black 2000 GT
Pulleys, mufflers, K&N
Steeda springs, subs, strut tower, CC plates
StoplightWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2001, 06:05 PM   #11
dinomite
The Dude

One time it was rainy out, and ya know how ya like to play around in the rain? Well, i was turning off of this one kinda busy street onto highway, the wussy kind of highway with stoplights & 2 lanes each way, and i was making a right. As i said, it was wet out, so going around the turn i stabbed the gas real quick for fun, to get a little fishtail as i went through the yellow light. Now, i knew this turn, but obviously wasn't thinking to well cause its a little too tight, and did a 180. It stopped, and i was looking STRAIGHT at a bunch of rush-hour traffic lined up (!), i swung that thing around real fast and got out of there.

Another time, i was out with my friend, and it started to sleet, so we made our way slowly home, as a mustang is NOT a bad weather car. We were going up a little hill, and i stabbed the throttle (ugh, but this was different!), just to see how slick it was, and the back end broke to the side (left) like its supposed to, then came back the other way (right), then went back left, but just kept going all the way around. I was only going 10-15mph at the time so i stopped right after the 180, and the car was parked perfectly (about an inch from the curb) except for the fact that it was facing the wrong way. Too cool.
dinomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2001, 06:14 PM   #12
PGkelly
Registered Member

Yes, Dinomite's 180 parking job was pretty damn cool.

the funnies thing i've ever done...well, none of them were in a stang, but they're still kinda funny. i used to go off-roading in my Camry, and i would get completely airborne at least once every time i went. there was a bridge on a dirt road near dulles that if you hit right will send you FLYING....
PGkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2001, 06:54 PM   #13
Five0
Registered Member

I also tried to beat a light at an intersection once and floored it hitting the intersection at about 40 and caught a little air. The bad part is there was a cop sitting one car back at the light I was trying to beat. I got lucky; I knew the cop and he let me off.

------------------
James Cox
nochevy@hotmail.com
1991 Mustang LX
12.565 @109.38mph 1.764 60ft
Five0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2001, 10:50 AM   #14
13sec95vert
Registered Member

Cool

On the last day of school when i was a junior i decided to have a little fun so i pulled three or four do-nuts in the parking lot of the school but little did i know that my principal, who knows my car for various reasons , was watching me the whole time. They wouldnt let me drive for half the year on my senior year.

------------------
1995 gt convertible:
3.55 gears, underdrive pulleys, cobra intake , fenderwell cold air, 65mm throttle body, 75mm mass air meter, off-road h pipe, borla cat back, custom diablo chip, 155lph fuel pump rpms, yokohama a520(drag radials) 275s
13sec95vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2001, 01:01 PM   #15
LizardQueen
Registered Member

It wasn't with a stang because I would never want to hurt such a beautiful car. But the worst thing would be hitting the breaks as hard as I can when someone tails me. I usually only hit them long enough to freak out the driver behind me, then I smile and wave when they are next to me. I have a little road rage problem and I tend to get upset whne other drivers are up my *** .
The other things would be using the 4X4 on the f-150 my dad used to own. Being impatient while waiting to turn or if there was to much traffic in the parking, I would drive over the curb or sidewalk and leave. The school principal wasn't very impressed with that move when he say it. I got into a little trouble but I was such a good girl they let me off the hook.

Last thing, It was winter and there was a snow bank. I was sure I could clear it if I went fast enough. I was wrong. I had to dig out the car in the middle of the parking lot then some guys can and helped me push it out. That was kind of embarassing.

------------------
Genn
Borrowing Mustang GT 2000 but still pulled a 14.4
The evil wife of Lizard King
LizardQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2001, 03:04 PM   #16
86GT
Sniffed too much n20

Worst thing was hopping a freshly hardened 6" curb with the front of my stang. No more passenger side fog light and a 4" piece under the fog light hole is gone now.

The funniest thing with the stang was when I took a thick phone book, and was driving around with my head (upto the bottom of my neck) sticking out of the t roof.

But the absolute funniest thing was when I was in high school with the 86 Olds Custom Cruiser wagon. I know not the stang but hey... I used to do donuts for fun (gravel parking lot in back), and one time had the catalytic converter cover shoot off the car, bounce through the back door of the school and it hit the fire alarm. (Yeah I know, it was planned, yeah whatever.) Either way it was the funniest thing that happened to me...

[This message has been edited by 86GT (edited 05-18-2001).]
86GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2001, 05:22 PM   #17
Old Guy with 87 GT
Registered Member

had a few adventures with my 80 capri...one time blasting down a back road (i new the road.....err thought i knew the road)i forgot about this really short steep hill that the road just dropped off .you could catch air if you hit it at 35.i hit it at 75.i flew so high the car bounced abuot 2 feet when i landed..... the funniest thing was back when i had my 340 duster....me and a friend had just stoped for a bite to eat at local mcdonalds.i was pulling back out on to the five lane road(two lanes either way and a turning lane in middle)i was goimg to the left and had to cross the middle lane .well i got on it to beat traffic and when i hit middle lane i discoverd tha there was still some slush there from last snow....i spun the car around and wound up facing on comming traffic...but wait it gets worse...in the process of doing 180 my friend had slipped off his seat and slid into my seat ..thus almost imediatly emptying the two large sodas we had purchased and both put between the seats....does the word valcono eruption come to mind .so here we were soda covering us and the car (still dripping from the roof)facing traffic the wrong way. luckilly the traffic stopped and we hightailed it outof there....covered with soda....still laugh when i think about it

------------------
old guy with 87 gt....well not so old guy
Old Guy with 87 GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2001, 05:55 PM   #18
dinomite
The Dude

THATS HORRIBLE! The worst part of that is the soda on the inside of car, i recoiled when i heard that.
dinomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2001, 07:26 PM   #19
Old Guy with 87 GT
Registered Member

at the time it wasn't that funny.i was just glad we didn't wreck or get pulled over.we were both all wet and sticky and that kinda sucked.later after a change of clothes it was funny ....as for the car it was pretty old and the interior wasn't in that great a shape...so it wasn't a big deal.i wound up just hosing the whole inside of the car down with garden hose.it dried everything was all good...

------------------
old guy with 87 gt....well not so old guy
Old Guy with 87 GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2001, 12:17 AM   #20
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Quote:
Originally posted by old guy with 87 gt:
i wound up just hosing the whole inside of the car down with garden hose.it dried everything was all good...

LMAO
joe4speed is offline   Reply With Quote