MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-29-2001, 04:25 PM   #1
XR1stang
Registered Member

Question What would you do?

Ok, this is a HYPOTHETICAL situation.

Let's say you have a friend who builds engines. Let's say that a "big" name in the Pro 5.0 racing scene approaches your friend to build an engine for them. Your friend builds this engine, and it is stout. The Pro 5.0 car that it goes into should be low 7's maybe even high 6's. Then a "racing" publication does an article on this Pro 5.0 person. This person tells the publication that they built the engine and that no one helped them.

Now you know for a FACT that the Pro 5.0 person is lying. You talk with your friend, but they don't want to make a big deal out of it. They said that the reason the Pro 5.0 person didn't mention them is because they aren't a big name like Kenny Dutwieller (sp?), et al. You still think it is unfair, and that the only way they will get a "big" name like Kenny is to let people know that they are building Pro 5.0 engines now.

What would you do? Would you let the world know, or just let it die down?

Remember, this is hypothetical only, this is NOT a real situation. Just something my twisted mind came up with.

XR1stang
XR1stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2001, 04:46 PM   #2
SYCLONE
Registered Member

well if you want that big name status ,hell no!! don't let it go,fight for it use the power of pictures,reciepts ect ect,write the publisher,confront the guy put a decal on other cars that go to the track that states the truth!! something similar happend to me once but it was my car then I sold it !! don't exept crap like this if you want to make a name!! Doc
SYCLONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2001, 04:55 PM   #3
Gautam
Registered Member

Hi,
I think I'd call up the racing publisher and tell them the truth. Basicall I'd write a letter to the publisher and expose the person, and eventually humiliate him/her/them, and then ask the publisher to mention me as the builder.

If all else fails, then I'd grab a baseball bat and head down to where the owner is with his car/engine. I'd then beat the crap outta the liar, and then the car/engine. Naw, j/k.

Bye!

------------------
Gautam N. Lad
http://www.cubicdesign.com
http://www.cubicdesign.com/mustang/
Gautam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2001, 12:39 PM   #4
XR1stang
Registered Member

well, it's not me, it is a friend of mine that this is happeneing to. It really pisses me off that he is getting jobbed like this. I have thought about writing the publication, but I don't know that they would print my letter. I may write to other publications though, to expose the incorrect article.

XR1stang
XR1stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2001, 01:35 PM   #5
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Just remember to have your facts straight and backed up before you head down there to "set them straight". The last thing you want to do is to look like an idiot and have your friend look worse.

If your friend build and engine for this guy and he is low enough not to give the correct credit, he may be low enough to try other things.

------------------
White 1995 Mustang GT
Dynomax Cat-Back, Offroad H-pipe, K&N Filters w/o Air Silencer
My 1995 Mustang GT
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote