MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-22-2006, 04:53 PM   #1
techsan
Registered Member

Default What's up with the Adrenaline??

OK, it has been a very long time since i have posted here, but i thought i could get some good info in these forums. I have seen the concept car for the Sport Trac Adrenaline, and i am a very big fan. Recently i started looking on the net for some info, and i read that there was some discussion about cancelling (sp?) the program. Is this true? If not, does anyone know when they may become available, and if there is any possibility of getting one at the appx. $33,000 sticker. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-22-2006, 06:07 PM   #2
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Default Re: What's up with the Adrenaline??

I've heard that it's shelved, and quite frankly, it wouldn't surprise me if Ford did shelf it again because analysts and investors that are too well aware the US buyers are shifting away from trucks and SUVs. Ford's concentration on the SUV and truck development area was one of the main reasons Ford's debt rating was downgraded to junk status.

Ford is also planning on discontinuing real production models as well. The GT is supposed to be discontinued as is the Lincoln Town Car.

I don't think Ford could put together a business plan that a local bank would find viable at this point.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 06:10 PM   #3
Mysticowner
Registered Member

I also heard that they were gonna scrap the project, so to speak. I "heard" that because people were saying that is a vehicle before it's time and it didn't have a place yet, that the project was going to get a closer look before it was to be considered for production. I think it's cool looking. I am curious to see if it does go into production.
Mysticowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 10:24 PM   #4
bigred90gt
2 Stangs in the Stable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unit 5302
Ford is also planning on discontinuing real production models as well. The GT is supposed to be discontinued as is the Lincoln Town Car.
The GT was never planned to be more than a couple of years from the get go. So, they arent discontinuing it for financial reasons, it was originally planned that way.
Rice Haters Club Member #128
bigred90gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 07:18 PM   #5
Unit 5302
Registered Member

True enough, but Ford could have decided to be like Daimler Chrysler or Chevrolet and offer a true high end sports car for more than a year or two. Ford has a nasty history of getting in and out of the market. Look at the Mustang Cobra for example. Back in 1993-1999 gone 2000, back 2001, gone 2002, back 2003-2004, gone 2005-2006. The Lightning makes another good example. Started in 1993-1995, gone 1996-1998, back 1999-2004, gone 2005+. I could go on and on about how Ford hops in and out of the market without dedicating resources to the development of new vehicle concepts. You're not going to get any ownership loyalty by offering a lineup with holes that keep changing from year to year.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 08:30 AM   #6
SMOKE
Old School ROUSH

Cool Re: What's up with the Adrenaline??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unit 5302
True enough, but Ford could have decided to be like Daimler Chrysler or Chevrolet and offer a true high end sports car for more than a year or two. Ford has a nasty history of getting in and out of the market. Look at the Mustang Cobra for example. Back in 1993-1999 gone 2000, back 2001, gone 2002, back 2003-2004, gone 2005-2006. The Lightning makes another good example. Started in 1993-1995, gone 1996-1998, back 1999-2004, gone 2005+. I could go on and on about how Ford hops in and out of the market without dedicating resources to the development of new vehicle concepts. You're not going to get any ownership loyalty by offering a lineup with holes that keep changing from year to year.

So true ... and also to have your performance group rumored to be dead. Now you fight that rumor with one offering that says SHELBY more than SVT .....

SMOKE is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: