View Single Post
Old 06-10-2006, 11:05 AM   #4
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Default Re: What's up with this? (selling car)

You're right... why use the biggest seller of used cars in the world? Why get tons of high quality color photos of your vehicle listed with a huge description and a guaranteed sell for the price you're asking?

Maybe the real problem is competition? There are 87 - 1965 Mustangs on ebay right now. Anywhere from stripped bare chassis to fully restored limited edition cars like the 64 1/2 pace car. I can tell you right now that your car would be the second most expensive coupe on ebay, next to a nutball asking $30/35k for his 65 Coupe.

I bought my 1996 Explorer off ebay, and I flew to NC to pick it up and drive it home to MN. I could get a better deal on that vehicle on ebay than I could locally. That being said, most high demand cars sell for just about the same on ebay as they do in local advertisements.

Quite frankly, I hate ebay as a company, but I also realize the advantages to using their service. Then again, if you don't want hundreds of thousands of buyers being able to view your vehicle...
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote