View Single Post
Old 06-10-2006, 08:10 PM   #5
DeltaMustang65
Knuckle-Basher

Default Re: What's up with this? (selling car)

Wow. Somebody sounds a little worked up.

As for why I don't want to use Ebay, I don't want to deal with the "nutjobs" as you put it. Also, there's no guarantee for ANYthing on that website let alone a guarantee on what someone would pay. Ebay is just too shady for me. I've heard too many horror stories and not just from random people, but from friends as well.

Maybe the problem IS competition? I think you're onto something here, although probably not what you were thinking. MY competition is all the rustbuckets that are being sold back and forth by the fools stupid enough to use Ebay and not see the car up close. You can't tell me that they don't drive the price that people are willing to pay for a Mustang WAAAY down. I've had people offer $4,000 for my car, not knowing that I have roughly $20,000 invested in it, simply because they saw one like mine on Ebay. Nevermind the Mustang they saw was likely one that was JUST painted over to hide massive rust and bondo. Maybe now you can begin to understand why I hate Ebay and will sell NOTHING on that site.

I really couldn't care less about who got what car on Ebay for less, all I see is more of a risk. And besides, buying or selling a car is way more involved that just knowing what someone else did. My thinking is, (unless you're a moron) you get what you pay for. I'm not in a huge hurry to sell, either. I'm PROBABLY going to keep the car for a VERY long time if it doesn't sell this summer. I set my ASKING price accordingly, I really don't see the need why I should lower it too much more seeing as how I don't really want to part with it and it's in unusually excellent shape. Forgive my repetitiveness, but this isn't an "Ebay special" with problems galore, bondo coming out it's ass, and a rotten floor.

Yes, I don't want people viewing my vehicle. That's it. Thanks for comparing me to the "nutjob" asking 30K or whatever. That's helpful.

http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w277/deltamustang65/

If Nissan Motorsports = NISMO, wouldn't Honda Motorsports = HOMO?
DeltaMustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote