View Single Post
Old 06-19-2006, 12:36 PM   #9
Hethj7
Mizzou Tigers

Default Re: What's up with this? (selling car)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattgoveiagt
Thanks again for the wealth of info, but I already understand everything you've just said. You're treating me like I'm an idiot and it's getting old. You totally missed the point with the ebay prices driving down offers on CLEAN, NON-RUSTBUCKET cars, as well other points. Please, just stop. I wasn't looking for this when I made the topic. Does ANYONE else have anything to contribute? Constructively, maybe?
Chill out man. I think Unit is trying to be helpful and you are taking it as an attack. And he may be right, you may be overpriced. Just because you have 20K invested doesn't mean you'll get 17 or anywhere near that. I had probably close to 14 or 15K invested in my 1990 Stang and sold it in two days using AutoTrader for $5,500. I may have been able to squeek a little more out of it, but I also wanted a quick sale. I'm not in touch with the classic car market, but it sounds like you may need to research your pricing a little more and adjust accordingly for the market. Or, be willing to wait until a buyer is ready to pay something near your asking price.

1990 LX
GT-40 motor 262 horsepower, 307ft-lbs (sold but forever loved)

1998 Contour SVT

Rice Haters Club Member #244
Hethj7 is offline   Reply With Quote