View Single Post
Old 06-21-2006, 03:51 PM   #14
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Default Re: What's up with this? (selling car)

Sorry for getting off-topic but there is a lot of confusion and mistaken beliefs when it comes to buying and selling old cars; Mustangs - or anything else. They are a hobby, not an 'investment'.

If you understand that and don't demand you be able to recoup your 'investment' when you sell then you'll be fine. Besides, no one will ever appreciate your restored vehicle as much as you will...that's a a given. Whether you ask $17,000., $20,000. and no matter how 'flexible' you are...any potential buyer will think you are over-charging. That's just the way it is, no matter where you advertise your car....and there will always be somebody who claims he could have gotten more than you sold yours for. Happens every time.

I have no more to add so I'll end my contributions to this thread but I still think that you should just hold on to your '65. In a few more years, you'll have a very old 'classic' Mustang to sell and it will probably be worth a lot more. Often, age (and condition) determine value in these situations - and time is on your side.