View Single Post
Old 07-03-2006, 12:47 PM   #15
RBatson
Registered Member

Default Re: What's up with this? (selling car)

I have to agree that they are not an investment. I have a load of money in my 89 but it isn't worth half what I have in it. I have no idea what your car is worth but I have used onlinetrader a few times, twice with success. I sold a jet boat and a 97 Cobra vert using them, it took about a month for both. I got calls from all over, even on email from Iraq. Someone local bought the boat, I asked him if he saw the ad in the local trader(I tried them first) and he said he went online and didn't even look at the local trader. I almost sold the Avalanche, a guy offered me within a thousand of my price.. usually when I decide a price, I won't budge. Maybe you should try that. If you will take $15k then advertise it for "$15k firm", no need in playing games. If they try to talk you down then just be polite and say.. "that's the price, non-negotiable" or "that's what I gotta have". One good thing about onlinetrader.com is that you can run the ad until it sells, atleast that's how it was the last time I used them.. I decided to keep the Avalanche and let the ad expire.

One other thought, take the car to car shows and swap meets. I went to a car show in Charlotte some years ago and they had some nice cars. I wasn't there to buy a car but there were alot of people there that were. There were some very nice rides there commanding nice prices, they even had a car auction. Going to one may give you an idea of what other cars, like yours, are going for and maybe you can sell it.

Good luck.