MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-10-2002, 09:51 PM   #21
MiracleMax
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by polara7777
On a similar note, why does it seem like most of the south is still touchy about that whole civil war thing? It was about 150 years ago you lost get over it!!! (Sorry that just irritates me.)
ah, that would be the war of northern aggression
MiracleMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2002, 11:37 PM   #22
polara7777
Registered Member

Northern aggressin huh? lol First time I'm heard it called that.
-67 Dodge Polara (383 punched 30, Heavy head work, Mopar Performance single plane intake, Holley 750, electric fuel pump, Holley regulator, .484 duration cam, FRIED bottom end!) DOH!!! Fried the #1 rod bearing. Stroker kit coming!
-01 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (Clear lenses, shaved fender, rear signals in the rear housing, baffles removed, Deals Gap dragon on the tail.)
polara7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2002, 10:59 AM   #23
srv1
Get down.....

Question REBELS?

what i have learned is that the war is not over for the southerners. that is why they call us "Yankees".

"your just sore cause you lost the war.."

oh and another thing, TEXASS IS A STATE, NOT A COUNTRY!!
Old 05-11-2002, 12:09 PM   #24
MiracleMax
Registered Member

Default Re: REBELS?

Quote:
Originally posted by srv1
[B]"your just sore cause you lost the war.."
How could we not be. The civil war is a tale of paradise lost, the very flower of american civilization over-run by crude northern barbarians
MiracleMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2002, 12:37 PM   #25
polara7777
Registered Member

Quote:
How could we not be. The civil war is a tale of paradise lost, the very flower of american civilization over-run by crude northern barbarians
Because it was a very long time ago! We're all Americans now first and foremost. My dad's a history major and one of his key areas is the civil war so I've gathered alot of info on it. I can see good points and bad points of both sides but when it comes down to it I'm damn glad the north won.

I'm not really taking anyone seriously here of course but that's just my view on the matter. Hell my ancestors weren't even in the country till after the war.

Miraclemax- If you ever get a chance drop me a line. I have a few questions about your car.
-67 Dodge Polara (383 punched 30, Heavy head work, Mopar Performance single plane intake, Holley 750, electric fuel pump, Holley regulator, .484 duration cam, FRIED bottom end!) DOH!!! Fried the #1 rod bearing. Stroker kit coming!
-01 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (Clear lenses, shaved fender, rear signals in the rear housing, baffles removed, Deals Gap dragon on the tail.)
Old 05-11-2002, 01:05 PM   #26
silver_pilate
DURKA DURKA!!

srv1,

OH SH**!! When did that happen?!?!?

Haha....gotta keep reminding us sometimes.

There was a really good thread on the civil war earlier in the BOL. Some good stuff, and most of my philosphy on the Civil War was in it.

As far as geneology....

I'm kinda a mix, I guess. I've traced roots back to Ireland with the Darby's and to Scotland with the McGreggor's and to England with the Burgess and Hopkins names. Actually, Hopkins came over on the Mayflower. He would be my great X grandfather. I've got native blood in me as well...one of the civilized tribes...can't recall which one off hand.

As far as Southerners putting lifts on everything...that seems to be true for many of my bretheren. However, say anything slighting towards us, and my friends and I on this board will be obliged to come over and put a lift on your *** with our feet!

j/k, of course.

--nathan
'91 GT, Coast 347, 9.5:1 compression, full intake, Wolverine 1087 cam, exhaust, Keith Craft ported Windsor Jr. Irons (235 cfm intake, 195 cfm exhaust), AOD, PI 3500 converter, Lentech valve body, 3.73's (4.10's in the works), and Yokohama ES100's out back.

Daily Car: '04 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6MT
silver_pilate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2002, 03:25 PM   #27
polara7777
Registered Member

Quote:
However, say anything slighting towards us, and my friends and I on this board will be obliged to come over and put a lift on your *** with our feet!
So does that mean no comments about incest, beastiality, 'hey watch this' stupidity, dorky looking mullets, overalls and flanel, unique languages, etc, etc..?

LOL Sorry coudn't resist.
Old 05-11-2002, 06:41 PM   #28
silver_pilate
DURKA DURKA!!

Yeah, polara, that's right. You can't say anything about those....hey, wait a sec. I suddenly feel insulted for some reason. Are you insulting me?!? ARE YOU INSULTING ME???!!!? WHY I OUGHTA....

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, .....

Ok...I feel much better now.

I'll just go out and throw some beef on the "Q", eat until I'm sleepy, and I'll be alright.

And there's nothing wrong with a mullet, as long as it's in a photograph taken from the late 70's or 80's. BTW...I've never, ever, EVER even considered getting a mullet. I'd cut my own balls off and have a fry before I did that to myself.

--nathan
'91 GT, Coast 347, 9.5:1 compression, full intake, Wolverine 1087 cam, exhaust, Keith Craft ported Windsor Jr. Irons (235 cfm intake, 195 cfm exhaust), AOD, PI 3500 converter, Lentech valve body, 3.73's (4.10's in the works), and Yokohama ES100's out back.

Daily Car: '04 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6MT
silver_pilate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2002, 11:21 PM   #29
srv1
Get down.....

Quote:
Originally posted by polara7777

So does that mean no comments about incest, beastiality, 'hey watch this' stupidity, dorky looking mullets, overalls and flanel, unique languages, etc, etc..?

LOL Sorry coudn't resist.
can you say Deliverence? haha j/k

Texass, were the only thing bigger than the state, is their egos......

i am only kidding. i have been to Texass and love it! thinking about moving down there. going to Dallas for vacation to see my friend. cant wait!
Old 05-11-2002, 11:36 PM   #30
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Exclamation oooohhhh!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by srv1

can you say Deliverence? haha j/k

Texass, were the only thing bigger than the state, is their egos......

i am only kidding. i have been to Texass and love it! thinking about moving down there. going to Dallas for vacation to see my friend. cant wait!
OOOHHH!!!! I hope you do make it to Cecil SRV! When I finally get to meet you, I'm gonna slap you upside the head! hahhha! J/k of corse! BUT....if you do move down here, I'm sure you'll be just as bad as we are even if you would be a Transplanted Texan! TNT

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote