MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-04-2001, 11:21 PM   #21
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Quote:
Originally posted by RobertD:
I take her out at least once a month and just cruise her all over the city

ONCE A MONTH???? I'd have to be in a rehab!! I dont know if I could go that long....do you still drive her around the rest of the time? Nothing like cruising the city though!!!! AAAAHHHHHH!

------------------
1994 GT.Convertible/Performance Red. Cold Air Ind.,K&N,H.P. Pulleys,OffRoad H-Pipe,Flows,3.55,Light bar,Custom HeadRests.Lotta Chrome
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2001, 09:50 AM   #22
SmokeyDP
Registered Member

I have had a bird crap on my hat once. I didn't know I was hit either, but after a while of joking behind my back my friends let me in on it!

------------------
1992 GT 5.0L Convertible
BBK Shorties, Flowmasters, Super Chip, Mass Air, Under Drive Pullies, Hurst Shifter, Duck Tape
AIM: SmokeyDP
SmokeyDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2001, 12:38 PM   #23
Dark Knight
Registered Member

Cool

only thing I dont like is sitting at a light when its 115*+... gets kinda warm... I could never see having leather seats in a convert..

the 1100 mile drive to colorado was a blast.. only about 10 miles was with the top up due to a massive storm... but other than that... can you say sunburn? 13 hrs straight thru.. heh

------------------
84 convt,'95 302,AFR's, performer
3.55's, underdrives BBK shorties
stock cam, 1.7's
13.85@102.5
and a '68 stang that WAS nasty ;-)

Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2001, 06:15 PM   #24
rbatson

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by Dark Knight:
only thing I dont like is sitting at a light when its 115*+... gets kinda warm... I could never see having leather seats in a convert..

I agree, I hate leather seats. Oh and I had the bird thing happen to me too. I was sitting at a light some years ago(thinking I was all cool) and I catch it on my sunglasses ... ok, you can laugh

Old 07-05-2001, 07:56 PM   #25
Diddy
Registered Member

My dad bought a 1984 20th Anniversary GT Convertible off the showroom floor before I was born. Just this year, when I got my license, have I been able to enjoy the fun of driving a converible. It's got a lot of low-end torque but it's a dog at high-end. I love jumping on it off a stoplight and feeling the wind blow into my face while hearing the tires screech.
Diddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2001, 09:55 AM   #26
Stefan
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Well since this thread is still alive I thought i'd ask this here instead of starting a new topic. Are there any adjustments that can be made to the tops at all? Someone said that the pins that latch the top down in their 94 or 95 (can't remember it's been a while)were adjustable because they were threaded and could be tightened or loosened. I have looked at mine and they don't seem to be threaded at all. It's not a big deal and there are no leaks, but the driver's side part of the top sits a tad higher than the passenger's side. Anyone have any thoughts?

Brett

------------------
66 Tahoe Turquoise Coupe
Laser Red 96GT Ragtop
30 Years & 30 inches apart in the driveway!
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2001, 10:41 AM   #27
#1 Pony
Registered Member

Question

Do 99's have alot of wind noise or does the top squeek? I noticed that in a 00 but I thought it might have been the wipers and not the top.
#1 Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2001, 11:06 AM   #28
SmokeyDP
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Dark Knight:
... gets kinda warm... I could never see having leather seats in a convert..
Sorry, have to disagree with you on that one. I have a white leather interior and my grey armrest gets way warmer than the seats. I am happy with the leather.

Stefan: If you are talking about the J-jooks on the front that hold the top on to the windshield, they are adjustable. There is a little allen screw on the side and when it is loosened you can screw the j-hook in or out.

Scott

------------------
1992 GT 5.0L Convertible
BBK Shorties, Flowmasters, Super Chip, Mass Air, Under Drive Pullies, Hurst Shifter, Duck Tape
Old 07-06-2001, 12:51 PM   #29
Dark Knight
Registered Member

Cool

I dont know... wearing shorts and sweating in 115* temps while sitting on leather seats would suck..

------------------
84 convt,'95 302,AFR's, performer
3.55's, underdrives BBK shorties
stock cam, 1.7's
13.85@102.5
and a '68 stang that WAS nasty ;-)

Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2001, 01:46 PM   #30
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Cool

I'm w/ Dark Knight!!! I just came in for a few minutes...got the top down, AC cranked. IT's AT LEAST 100* outside(no breeze and stagnant!!) My shorts are soaked, and so is my leather. I LOVE MY CAR<but I still hate the leather seats. Time to get out the towel. Think I'm gonna order those seat covers today!!! There's an idea!!! Not to mention the 2nd degree burns on the backs of your legs~~
Speaking of tops, mine will be ready to be replaced I bet by the end of the year. The top is pulled away from the glass, and there's some wear where it goes up and down. Noticed a little tear too. Not big, tiny. It still has never leaked, and there is no wind noise when(if) its ever up. I've been very happy w/ the way it has held up!

------------------
1994 GT.Convertible/Performance Red. Cold Air Ind.,K&N,H.P. Pulleys,OffRoad H-Pipe,Flows,3.55,Light bar,Custom HeadRests.Lotta Chrome
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2001, 03:44 PM   #31
SmokeyDP
Registered Member

My leather is getting that cracked look to it, what type of seat covers are you looking into getting? I was looking for a set, but everyone around here just points me twords redoing the leather, but $800 is too steap...

------------------
1992 GT 5.0L Convertible
Old 07-06-2001, 03:53 PM   #32
Stefan
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Thanks for the info on the J Hooks SmokeyDP. When it's not 375 degrees outside i'll give it a look. I've been lucky so far as my top seems to be in great shape with no tears or cracks or anything. I'm sure leather can be a pain in the *ss but I will definately get tan leather in mine when the cloth wears out.

Brett

------------------
66 Tahoe Turquoise Coupe
Laser Red 96GT Ragtop
30 Years & 30 inches apart in the driveway!
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2001, 04:07 PM   #33
jimberg
Registered Member

Your hooks rotate on a rivet pin and the hole that that pin goes through can get elongated and start to make your latches really sloppy. I actually figured out a fix for this on my driver side. When I do the passenger side, I'll take pictures and post the instructions. It's been so long that I don't dare guess at what I did.

------------------
351W 89 Mustang GT Convertible
jimberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 01:11 PM   #34
fred414141
Registered Member

Cool Re: Who Loves Their Convertibles

i absolutly love my 83 conv. i bought it last may. my 1st ragtop(at 48!)the car is far from a creampuff,(salvage title,dark blue car with a cheapo red n black paintjob,light blue inside)but who cares! i'm having a ball with the car and i can justify all it's flaws by the purchase price.....750 bucks. i have replaced a few parts though(alt.reg.starter,tires,brake shoes/pads,brake hoses,rad.hoses,and had the auto.tranny rebuilt) i am still under 2500 bucks into this car and feel like i've had at least that much fun with it already!
as far as the top,guys,if your car is a 'daily-driver' and a bit rough like mine,an 8 by 10 tarp and 6 bungee cords will cover it from the wipers to the taillights,takes only a couple of minutes to put on or take off.stores just fine in the back floor(even at 75 on the interstate!),and i went over 6 weeks here in missouri this summer without ever putting the top up. i keep the car covered while i'm at work,overnite at home,and anytime i'm parked for very long anywhere else.the tarp isn't as near a hassle to use as a carcover,but i wouldn't use one for long-term storage.comes in handy with the top up if you're parking where it's dusty,like at a dirt track.
you will have to put up with the idiots that ask 'whatsa matter? top won't go up?'.......if i gotta explain,ya just wouldn't understand..........

Last edited by fred414141; 11-01-2005 at 09:04 PM..
fred414141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 06:56 PM   #35
Orange97GTVert
Mustang Fanatic

Default Re: Who Loves Their Convertibles

I am obsessed with my vert, and we bought it in 1998! My wife drove it 5 years, and I finally got it when she bought her 02 V6 Coupe. I spend hours detailing, at least 3 coats of fresh Zaino before every show, but I drive it every day except really bad weather, and I leave it in the garage and drive the Silverado. There is nothing like a vert!!!

Topless, I have had bird $&*@ on my seats so many times I can't count!!

1997 Mustang GT Convertible, 4.6L Auto, Autumn Orange w/Saddle Tan Top & Leather Interior, Styling Bar, 17 X 9 Polished Cobra R's on Nitto NT 555's, Ford Racing Bullitt Suspension package, Mac CAI, Steeda UDP's, Flowmaster 40 Series Catback, SCT X-Calibrator II, Zaino Shine, 7 time Show Winner, driven daily
Orange97GTVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 07:01 PM   #36
Orange97GTVert
Mustang Fanatic

Haha, I just posted on an old a$$ thread.

1997 Mustang GT Convertible, 4.6L Auto, Autumn Orange w/Saddle Tan Top & Leather Interior, Styling Bar, 17 X 9 Polished Cobra R's on Nitto NT 555's, Ford Racing Bullitt Suspension package, Mac CAI, Steeda UDP's, Flowmaster 40 Series Catback, SCT X-Calibrator II, Zaino Shine, 7 time Show Winner, driven daily
Old 11-09-2005, 10:19 PM   #37
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

i bought my 95 gt from a retired guy, he used to spend all his time polishing it, it had 84k miles on it, it has108+ on it now, it almost look's like tnt's vert, but i have put on black bullit's, stock on front, 10.5's on back with 315 - 35 - 17's, march pulley's, 65mm t/b, cai, etc, just re- newed my top with that raggtop stuff, it did a great job, my top look's new & shed's water like a waxed fender, my top is original, sorry, i love my leather seat's, they are still like new too, plan on more mod's later - gear's etc, but it still smokes rice. it was 83 degree's today, i drove it cause i figure it was my last top down drive, supposed to be 60 or so tomorrow, oh well, guess i'll drive the sick banger, but i enjoyed today. l8ter.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 12:35 AM   #38
fred414141
Registered Member

ahhhhhhh!....went out for an hour long drive to visit family yesterday. nice and unseasonably warm here in missouri.upper 70's. yea,the top had to go down!
crazy horse,you're right,you take advantage of a warm day this time of year!but don't let 60's temps bother you,drop the top ,leave the glass up and blast the heater!
the nuts that stare are only jealous. i drive my car with the top down sometimes with temps as low as 45,but a jacket feels good then!
fred414141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 01:33 AM   #39
Orange97GTVert
Mustang Fanatic

Me too. I don't keep the glass up, though, but I do crank the heater! This is convertible weather in Texas right now. Summertime is too hot and humid and your clothes stick to the leather. My hair is short all over, I drive to work with my top down, go to lunch with my top down and drive home with my top down