MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Poll: Who really cares about ppl's post #'s?
Poll Options
Who really cares about ppl's post #'s?

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-01-2002, 09:13 PM   #41
induction
The Brit!

Yup polara7777 I'm still here . I may run but I'll never hide I'm sorry you & the rest had to put up with me last week, but thanks.

#2 lol
April Mare of the Month RiceHatersClub Member #27
induction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2002, 10:55 PM   #42
rbatson

I don't really care about the # of post but have gotten real familiar with the folks that have been here awhile, because I'm usted to them I guess.. I looked at the top posters when I got my new cpu and could not believe I was in the top 25 *WOW!!*. I'm in the top 25!!

Belle, I can really relate to your post, though you are a bit rough around the edges(rude at times?). I agree with most of your post but sometimes... LOL

Its easy to skip over a post if you don't wanna read it so... I skip those that don't interest me. I can't tell you how many times I've read a post and was about to post a response when I see Mr. 5.0 has already said what I was gonna say(Alot is common sense folks..). I let him have allll those, he's good with words and alot more errrrr... 'winded' than I.(How do you find the time to make those long post dude?!?!)

I can remember when the board changed and I had a different server, at the time, and forgot my password(changed email address). I changed to Rick when the board changed(in 98) but forgot my password and changed my server, so I changed to rbatson(Rick Batson). I got my first cpu on April 19th of 1997(my birthday) and found this place within 2 weeks(once I figured out 'online' and searched MUSTANG). I've noticed some of the guys here have 1997 member dates... How do I change mine?!?!
Old 05-04-2002, 08:15 AM   #43
Stang Runner
Registered Member

Arrow

I dont post all that much tell I get layed off of a bit then Well I get Bord of ding Not a thing I have to Make a few post just to survive.....I did not notice I was over 1k tell I thought I was going to look here has I have read most of the other.......
Engine: steel mounts, Under drive pulleys, K&N, GT-40 Intake ported Lower, No power steering, No A/C, Mac cold intake, 65MM TB, 255 Fuel pump, 24's, AFR 165 58cc, Rocker Arms 1.7with the stock Cam, 1 5/8 short headers, offRoad X-pipe
Drive Train: 3.55, T-5 with a Pro 5.0 shifter
12.656@107.71MPH See It at www.T-racing.com/mustang.htm
Stang Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2002, 03:27 PM   #44
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Smile rbatson: reply

Rick:

I changed your join date to May, 1997 (same as mine).

To answer your question: I find the time to compose 'those long posts' by not watching a lot of TV. I type fast, too.
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2002, 10:15 PM   #45
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Quote:
Originally posted by rbatson

Belle, I can really relate to your post, though you are a bit rough around the edges(rude at times?). I agree with most of your post but sometimes... LOL
Thanks for reading my response, but I have to disagree...

Only a select few have received my true wrath unleashed , and I don't consider myself ever being truly rude...unless blunt honesty is rude?

I think it comes down to personal perception concerning manners What is bluntness to one, is belligerence to others. Thanks again for reading my post though I've always enjoyed your posts as well!

Belle
Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2002, 08:43 PM   #46
rbatson

Smile

Hey, thanks Jim. I think we both started out about the same time as well. I remember thinking 'Mr. 5.0'? Who does this guy think he is calling himself 'Mr. 5.0'?! ROFL. You've lived up to your name, I can say that.

Belle: I was thinking blunt/short when I posted that, sometimes borderline(hence the ?). I get a kick out of your posts and I always know what you're trying to convey (to the point, I must say).

I've noticed not everyone gets 'the treatment' and just let me say... I wanna stay on your good side (Its all fun and games until it happens to you!)
Old 05-12-2002, 11:42 AM   #47
srv1
Get down.....

Quote:
Originally posted by Mustangbelle306

Thanks for reading my response, but I have to disagree...

Only a select few have received my true wrath unleashed , and I don't consider myself ever being truly rude...unless blunt honesty is rude?

I think it comes down to personal perception concerning manners What is bluntness to one, is belligerence to others. Thanks again for reading my post though I've always enjoyed your posts as well!

Belle
yeah, you have to get used to her style of writing like everyone elses. she comes off rude, but she is not. she says it like it is, or like she says, "blunt". if she was a he, would he be rude? my answer was no, so that is how i interpret it. everyone has his/her own ways.
Old 05-12-2002, 01:16 PM   #48
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Lightbulb Honesty and rudeness

Without commenting on any specific member, I would note that there is a very fine line between blunt and rude. Usually, if one avoids name-calling and character assassination and sticks to facts, blunt honesty is fine.

Once words like 'stupid' are used to characterize another's position or comments, you've slid into 'rude territory' and any hope of convincing anyone of anything is pretty well gone, then, as all you'll get back is defensiveness and flaming.

Honesty is stating that you disagree with something and demonstrating why, not attacking the other person in some way because they don't agree with you or hold some belief about something that you may find silly or misguided. Using facts, when available, bolsters your argument, of course.

Treading carefully is advised when one chooses to be 'blunt' or 'honest' and don't have a thin skin, either, as you'll be expected to accept the same 'bluntness' and 'honesty' that you willingly offer to others. Golden Rule applies, as always.
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2002, 02:48 PM   #49
PKRWUD

Talking

Man, how stupid!

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2002, 02:52 PM   #50
rbatson

Thumbs up

LOL! By no means am I trying to say anything bad about Belle. You probably know that but just incase anyone was getting that idea.. I get a kick out of it because I am not accustom to someone being that 'to the point'. I may get the same point across as someone else, but use a different way of doing it(usually). I grew up in a business and had to deal with customers and learned how to say something without stepping on any toes. In no means do I want anyone to change, I think that is what makes this board so interesting.. different people(who have come to know each other) and different view points. Like I said, I enjoy it.

You are right though Jim, it is a very fine line.
Old 05-12-2002, 03:14 PM   #51
PKRWUD

Oh great, Rick's getting a woody.

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2002, 03:29 PM   #52
mustangman65_79
My poor 79 RIP

Quote:
Oh great, Rick's getting a woody.

Take care,
-Chris

Hahaha
'94 Lightning
'96 Trans am
mustangman65_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2002, 03:36 PM   #53
mustangman65_79
My poor 79 RIP

Wow! This post has gone on for 38 days straight, and has been on the front page all this time. I can't belive that.
'94 Lightning
'96 Trans am
Old 05-12-2002, 03:40 PM   #54
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

i cant either

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2002, 03:43 PM   #55
rbatson

I thought that was weird too. It would move up without someone actually posting. I've come to the conclusion that its because its a poll. Maybe it moves up everytime someone votes, I dunno.
Old 05-12-2002, 05:12 PM   #56
mustangman65_79
My poor 79 RIP

Quote:
I thought that was weird too. It would move up without someone actually posting. I've come to the conclusion that its because its a poll. Maybe it moves up everytime someone votes, I dunno.
Yes, everytime someone votes, it doesmove the post back up to the top. This would cause your ghost post jumping-lol
'94 Lightning
'96 Trans am
Old 05-13-2002, 08:45 AM   #57
SMOKE
Old School ROUSH

Cool

Then I'll keep voting ...........

SMOKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 08:11 PM   #58
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Default Re: Honesty and rudeness

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr 5 0
Without commenting on any specific member, I would note that there is a very fine line between blunt and rude. Usually, if one avoids name-calling and character assassination and sticks to facts, blunt honesty is fine.

Once words like 'stupid' are used to characterize another's position or comments, you've slid into 'rude territory' and any hope of convincing anyone of anything is pretty well gone, then, as all you'll get back is defensiveness and flaming.
I totally agree, except I've noticed that as Rick stated, most people are not used to a blunt response, so they flame regardless of inital insults or not.

I do respect that everyone is different, so I've tried to tone down my posts a bit, (the tone, not the content ) No hard feelings R, I know you weren't insulting me , and you know I appreciate your input!

Belle
Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 09:36 PM   #59
moc
Registered Member

Question What were we talkin about

sorry must have been a wrong number
05/04/09
(Hangar Queen)
SMOKEM UP
moc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2002, 06:09 AM   #60
mustangman65_79
My poor 79 RIP

Hey Belle, I may not lick what u say sometimes, But I just have to deal with it. SO keep on trucking.
'94 Lightning
'96 Trans am