MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Poll: Who really cares about ppl's post #'s?
Poll Options
Who really cares about ppl's post #'s?

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-08-2002, 12:56 AM   #21
mustangman65_79
My poor 79 RIP

Quote:
I say more power to ya mustangman65_79. It's all good.

Thanks Mustangkelly!
Congrats on the 100 posts!

Quote:
Dosn't mean squat to me. If I am stuck and i need help with my car the last thing that I look at it the post count of the people giving me a hand. I have been here for a while so I know most of the people on this board I can trust.
This is how I see it. The post count just shows how active u are on the sites. Not if your all knowing or anything. If I need help, and someone gives it to me, I don't look at the post count. I look at what they say.
'94 Lightning
'96 Trans am
mustangman65_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2002, 01:06 AM   #22
moc
Registered Member

Thumbs up Your cool dude

I like your opion mustangman65_79 and thats all I have to say
05/04/09
(Hangar Queen)
SMOKEM UP
moc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2002, 01:10 AM   #23
mustangman65_79
My poor 79 RIP

Quote:
I like your opion mustangman65_79 and thats all I have to say
Thank u MOC. I apricate it.

To everyone else thats doesn't agree with me. I'm not mad at u all. In fact, I'm glad u said it to my face. Thats the way it should be.
'94 Lightning
'96 Trans am
Old 04-08-2002, 11:37 AM   #24
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Quote:
Originally posted by mustangman65_79
[BBesides, my post or 100, 200, 300, etc. is a trademark of mine. I've done it everything 100 posts, and plan to do it. It's just something I do. Big deal it gives me 1 more post. But it's symbol of me. Like I said. A trademark. [/B]
A trademark is more of a trait that OTHERS recognize about you, not that you make up yourself. Do you make your own nicknames too?

Why not have a more USEFUL "trademark"? Like, being a helpful expert in a car-related field, such as detailing, or audio...not "that annoying dude that wastes posts every 100 or so". I'm glad my PERSONAL SYMBOL isn't so petty. Hell, I'd rather be known as bitchie.

Not only that, post counts are not always indicative of being a good board member. I'd MUCH rather talk to someone who makes few worthwhile and meaningful posts as opposed to someone that wastes time and purposefully attempts to garner a higher number.

I've been here over a year, and I don't even have 1000 yet.

Here's a good idea for more posts...why don't you start a thread asking people for a better and more useful TRADEMARK, insteading of cultivating one yourself. And yes, you are the black sheep for post whoring like I'm the black sheep for bitchy comments. At least I'm actually saying something.
Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2002, 11:44 AM   #25
cyberstang5.0
347ci of HORSE POWER!!!

Belle goes for the 3 pointer.... SWISH!!!!!!!
cyberstang5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2002, 12:21 PM   #26
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

Free Post!!!

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2002, 01:03 PM   #27
DRASTiK
Registered Member

Quote:
Here's a good idea for more posts...why don't you start a thread asking people for a better and more useful TRADEMARK, insteading of cultivating one yourself. And yes, you are the black sheep for post whoring like I'm the black sheep for bitchy comments. At least I'm actually saying something.

well.........ummmm......yeah............alright then!!!!

RHC member #75

My stang is FOR SALE!!
DRASTiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2002, 01:21 PM   #28
silver_pilate
DURKA DURKA!!

Sheesh....

I guess some people are a little sore on this topic, huh?

I don't care what you post. I don't care if it is pointless or meaningless, as long as it is not vile or openly offensive. If it doesn't look worthwhile...I'll not read it. This place is kinda like a library. There's some really great material, and there's some stuff that just wastes your time. It's up to the reader to decide what he/she spends their time reading. What's important or worthwhile to post to you may not mean jack squat to me. To each his own.

Now if this was going on in one of the tech boards...that would be a different story...but this is the lounge where all types of discussions are welcome.

It's really not that big of a deal to me. Then again, maybe I'm too laid back?

--nathan
'91 GT, Coast 347, 9.5:1 compression, full intake, Wolverine 1087 cam, exhaust, Keith Craft ported Windsor Jr. Irons (235 cfm intake, 195 cfm exhaust), AOD, PI 3500 converter, Lentech valve body, 3.73's (4.10's in the works), and Yokohama ES100's out back.

Daily Car: '04 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6MT
silver_pilate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2002, 09:43 PM   #29
mustangman65_79
My poor 79 RIP

Quote:
Now if this was going on in one of the tech boards...that would be a different story...but this is the lounge where all types of discussions are welcome.

That is a good point. It's not like me, or any of the other ppl here go to the Classic mustangs room, or windsor room to talk about BullS...

Has anyone ever gone to a resturant, and liked everything they hear there? How about a bar? Or any public place? I would like ti think not.

I don't come to this site to be formal all the time. I come to to get away from my job. I'm having mustang withdrawls. I haven't got to work on one in two months now. This may sound weird, but to me it is a big thing. The other day, in the Metro(it's like a small van) the fan for the interior, quit working. I imedently jumped out to help fix it. I know it's a chevy, but I need to work on any kind of vehicle for now. Any, I traced it down to a faulty ground, and fixed it.

If we all came here to be formal, then there would be no lounge. No Mercury talking about his current girl problems(or lack of). No PKRWUD taking about his current Mac. Or anyone talking about whats on thier desktop this time.

There would only be tech questions, and answers. I belive I'm not the only one, but then this place would be preatty boring.

Quote:
Why not have a more USEFUL "trademark"? Like, being a helpful expert in a car-related field, such as detailing, or audio...not "that annoying dude that wastes posts every 100 or so". I'm glad my PERSONAL SYMBOL isn't so petty. Hell, I'd rather be known as bitchie.
It's kinda hard to stand out in a certian field, since there are plebty more ppl then me that know more about these things then me. All I usally do is just add to it or clarify it better. Plus, if u ever go to the classic page, you'll see me there all the time. And guess what, I'm answering qestions, isn't that amazing?!

As for a trademark, why not make one? U don't get one by walking down the street and get handed one do u? No! So I took it apon myself to make one.

As for having a T/M of a bi...., I'd think thats not any better.

Quote:
Ya, thats a useful post

Hey, I'm saying something too...
'94 Lightning
'96 Trans am
Old 04-08-2002, 09:49 PM   #30
srv1
Get down.....

Question your driving me crazy! wait.. i already am!

MUSTANGMAN, you clearly make it difficult for others!....

HOW THE HELL DO YOU COUNT THOSE BLACK DOTS?!!!!! i mean, one second they are white, then they are black, white, black....WTF?!!!
Old 04-08-2002, 10:50 PM   #31
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Quote:
Originally posted by mustangman65_79
As for a trademark, why not make one? U don't get one by walking down the street and get handed one do u? No! So I took it apon myself to make one.

As for having a T/M of a bi...., I'd think thats not any better.

Hey, I'm saying something too...
Actually, you do in a way. Your friends or your aquaintances discover something unique about you ( good or bad I suppose) and make it into what you like to call a trademark (or like I suggested) nickname, etc.

Also, you seemed to have completely missed the boat on the subject of myself...I was merely implying that even though people that do not know me may think that my opinionated replies are on the hostile side, I am still expressing a complete thought, that was INTENDED to assist (never claimed to be a smooth talker )

And no, I still don't see what you are "saying" by your post count threads. As for avoiding threads, I HAVE been avoiding yours. I was told that you mentioned me in the last one, so I thought I'd playfully respond .

Indeed, I am happy to see that a good amount of people do not care about what drivel is posted, but you DID ask who cared, so I replied. As someone stated eariler, this is a lounge for "discussion", and I was relaying MY opinion that I do not feel a post count thread constitutes a "discussion". But, of course we are ALL entitled to our own opinions, as evidenced by your repeated 100 post threads! As far as I'm concerned, you can post until that computer blows up if it makes you happy, have no doubt about that! Heck, post every 50 if you'd like, just sharing my feelings, as you share yours.

Belle.
Old 04-09-2002, 12:50 AM   #32
mustangman65_79
My poor 79 RIP

Quote:
HOW THE HELL DO YOU COUNT THOSE BLACK DOTS?!!!!! i mean, one second they are white, then they are black, white, black....WTF?!!!
hehe, Just keep trying, you'll find out.

Belle, I am holding nothing aginst u for your opinions, in fact, I welcome it.

I know I asked to see who cared, and I knew I was going to get some criticism. I just wanted to know ppl true feeling on this. But I never thought some ppl would care so much about it, hell, it's just a #.
'94 Lightning
'96 Trans am
Old 04-09-2002, 10:23 AM   #33
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

i gotta agree with josh on this subject, free post! haha # 2 crazy mf on here, i dont know how you beat me srv1, oh yeah you got buddy jesus on your side

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2002, 11:57 AM   #34
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

I don't post just to post, I may have alot of posts but there all legit posts. I don't really care who is ahead of me or who isn't. No real big deal, I don't loose sleep. SRV1 Cross your eyes and then count the dots that always helps. As for trademarks, there car is there trademark. I know some people by there car compared to there nickname. I sign out most posts with

§am.

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2002, 12:32 PM   #35
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Ummm...Yeah...I agree with....Someone...Just havent figured out who yet.

This is my way of getting a free post (SOrry had to do it).

Sure, the number indicates how Chatty someone is, but thats about it. It doesnt indicate the quality of posts, or anything like that, but most of us know who posts what.

As for my relationship problem posts. I got a mess load I'm waiting to get the time to post.

I've been pretty busy with relationships, work, and well.....Relationships and work, not much time to post anything.

Okay I'll stop my endless rambling now.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2002, 06:58 AM   #36
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Quote:
Originally posted by 1969Mach1
I don't post just to post, I may have alot of posts but there all legit posts.

I know some people by there car compared to there nickname. I sign out most posts with

§am.
Yes they are! Always glad to see you posting

Heheh I hear that! Belle started off as a joke after I moved down south, and now tons of people (onlne AND off) refer to me as Belle...crazy stuff! I've always known people by their cars too... "that guy with the red 347" or "that hideous green thing with the stroller wing"

The best was probably the dude I coined "Mustang Tattoo on My Arm"...he is STILL called that to this day hehehe (for obvious reasons!!!)

Belle
Old 04-11-2002, 08:00 PM   #37
PKRWUD

Ladies and Gentlemen-

I tend to agree with Kell on this one. I don't use the post count or the registered date to determine my opinions about anyone, but they can be useful when combined. My biggest problem is my memory. There are so many user names that are similar, I often get confused as to who it is that's saying what. Knowing a persons history often helps me when attempting to reply. I don't post to change my number, but I don't really care if others do. I usually just skip those threads. I am glad the number and date are there when I'm not sure who it is that I'm reading, though.

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2002, 05:49 PM   #38
induction
The Brit!

...Someone say free toast ...?
April Mare of the Month RiceHatersClub Member #27
induction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2002, 07:05 PM   #39
polara7777
Registered Member

Glad to see you're still around induction!

(AKA FREE POST!!!) heh sorry had to jump on the bandwagon. Felt left out.
-67 Dodge Polara (383 punched 30, Heavy head work, Mopar Performance single plane intake, Holley 750, electric fuel pump, Holley regulator, .484 duration cam, FRIED bottom end!) DOH!!! Fried the #1 rod bearing. Stroker kit coming!
-01 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (Clear lenses, shaved fender, rear signals in the rear housing, baffles removed, Deals Gap dragon on the tail.)
polara7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2002, 09:05 PM   #40
73 Mustang Boy
Registered Member

I realy dont care about the number of posts anyone has. I am not a very social person and I usualy only post if I think I can help someone with a problem(note my massive post count). I dont care what anyone posts thats your business, but I do enjoy reading all of your posts when I have the spare time. I have gotten lots of usefull advice here and hope to continue to do so.