MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 12-05-2001, 04:37 PM   #1
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

Default A beautiful day gone wrong (accident)

It was such a nice day today, 17 (Celcius), sun shining and only a sprinkle of rain, I was driving home from school with friends. I was going around a bend and my car lost traction and decided go to straight, over the curb, over someones lawn over their driveway, over their neighbours lawn until I hit a wire holding up a pole.

Thank God no one was hurt. Well, my neck is really starting to hurt and my dad hasn't beaten the living **** out of me yet.

My van may be written off since the frame may have bent. Doesn't look like too much damage other then my parents are taking my license away and probably my car. I don't know where I want wrong. Such a beautiful day.

I broke up with my g/f yesterday but I got back together with her. I admit I was going a bit over the speed limit and it was totally my fault but how could this happen to me? I saw it happen so slowly. I came inches from serious injury or even dying. I could of taken someone elses life.
I don't know guys. I'm just sitting here, my neck is hurting more and more with every second that passes. I think I'm going to go to the hospital after my dad is done with me. I'm just sitting here shaking. I stopped within a foot of a tree. My air bags didn't even go off.

Anyone got any tips how to calm down my parents or something? My dad has a quick temper and gets very loud and mad. I need help guys.
My g/f's dad said he will help me with a ticket cause he is a cop. But where do I go from here?

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2001, 05:04 PM   #2
mustangdani55
Registered Member

sorry about your accident, and maybe you should go get the neck checked out dude.. whiplash is a *****. gosh as far as advice as how to calm your parents down..doh..just ask your dad weren't you a kid once? give your mom one of those mommy's little helpers and she will chill for a minute. or two . no really.. i have no clue..my stepson comes home on feet after getting the car impounded and what can you do about it? nothing..its too late its over. just move on. Gosh i make such a cool mom....
mustangdani55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2001, 05:14 PM   #3
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Unhappy

1969MachI:

Very sorry to hear of your accident.

Glad no one but the vehicle was hurt, however, you need to get your neck checked out immediately, just in case.
Go to the ER now. Read this later.

Don't argue with your hot-tempered dad. Just say as little as possible except "I'm sorry" and if you get a word in edgewise; remind him that it was an accident - and no one was hurt.

Don't argue about what you did wrong, just admit it.
You were obviously going too fast around a curve on a damp road with a heavy, poor-handling vehicle. A receipe for disaster. Don't say things like "The van just decided to go off the road". You were driving, the van didn't 'decide' anything, you simply tried to defy the laws of physics and lost.

Don't mean to be hard-nosed, just trying to see it as your dad sees it. Lame excuses don't cut it. The sooner you admit it and take responsibility for the accident, the better.

Accidents happen to everybody, eventually. This isn't the end of the world, believe me..it just feels like it. Your dad will calm down, too. Hopefully, he'll be concerned with your health as much as the van.

It's upsetting to crash, even without injury. Been there - done that, so I know. Cars can be fixed or replaced. Wait for the insurance company to look at the van before you decide it's totaled.
It may be fixable. One step at a time, guy.

Try to put it in perspective and not see this accident as ruining your life. It won't, unless you let it.

We all wish you well.
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2001, 05:58 PM   #4
1969Mach1

Well, my dad stayed rather calm. I know he is really pissed and probably smoking a pack a cigarettes at once.

I've had better days but my g/f's dad (a cop) is going to help me through this. He said he 's going to call the cop who gave me the ticket and try to lessen the charge so I won't lose as many points - or possibly my licence. My dad calmed down after realising that I'm O.K., other then my neck. I'm waiting until after dinner to see if it gets any better; I don't think it is so I'm going after dinner. How can so much bad **** happen on such a beautiful day?

Ohhh - the van isn't a rwrite-off; I believe only a couple grand. Meh' that's O.K. but it may cost me my Stang.

My buddy (who was in the car with me) said he can get me another job. So I figure I'll go to school from 8:00-2:30, get home, work 8-12, then work 12-7:30 and go back to school. If I keep this up I'll pay off my debt really quick - or die and have no loan to worry about. It's a win win situation!

But now I'm screwed because I have Christmas gifts to buy, tickets to pay, $500 deductable, possibly a lawyer so I don't loose my license. Ohh... Man it's going to be a jolly Christmas.

But I got to talk to a RCMP officer and she is like this is a cheap lesson in life. I was lucky all the cops were really nice and joked around with me, although I wasn't in a humor kinda mood. She said "I'm going to have to arrest you" and reached for her hand cuffs . I'm like, "O.K." and turned around put my hands behind my back and she is like, "No I'm just kidding"! I'm like "no, no, take me please". Then the other cop says; "I'm leaving now" and I said; "Can I come". He thought it was a joke. My dad was there but I hadn't talked to him other then the constant swearing I heard over the cell when he saw the accident.

This is my conclusion.

I was driving, lost control of my van, went over a curb, through 2 lawns, brought 2 cop cars, 2 police officers, 1 RCMP, 4 hydro trucks, 1 tow truck, 2 pissed-off parents, 1 sore neck, the chance of me losing my license from either the police or my parents, possibly losing my Mustang that I love, insurance killing me...this also means I can't go see my g/f since she lives 15km away.

I conclude my day by sitting here wondering what the hell happened!

302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made

Old 12-05-2001, 06:13 PM   #5
bri32z
street racing junkie

I am glad that no one was seriously hurt. Please go get checked out. Your dad has the right to be upset at you. I know if my Daughter wrecked my car I would be very upset. You see fathers have tempers that scare their children. But we do not love the kids any less. This is just a reaction. I did the same thing when I was young dragracing another car. I was not allowed to drive my car for 6 months. What ever the punishment might be hold your head up high and take it like a man. Your parents then will see you are growing up and are more responsible.
bri32z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2001, 10:00 PM   #6
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

Well....I feel your pain....believe you me I do....I wrecked my STANG on August 8th. Now THAT sucked...Damages came out to be about $8000, but they valued my car from $22,500-27,500 (US), so they did not total it.We figured that we should try all we can to come out even or maybe ahead. So we purchased a '69 fastback for $3000. But half that we have gotten back out of it by selling extra parts off of it we don't need.

My advice to you is the same that everyone else gave you. Take it like a man. Admit you are wrong. Listen to your parents about it, and do exactly what they want you to do. If they make you pay for a lot of the damages, do it. If they take your license away, so be it. Don't complain about anything. More than likely a little while down the road they will forgive you and everything will return to normal.

Parents are cooler than you think...so just deal with them being pissed for a while, they definitely cool down. I'm glad it turned out that your dad wasn't as mad as you thought he would be. That's always a plus.

My dad was very irate when he first showed up. He was very responsible for himself though. He didn't jump my *** in front of the crowd that had formed, he waited until it was just him, me, and the cop. The cop was a real prick. I felt like punching him in his fat head, but I didn't. I was nice to him and listened to him.

My dad cooled down pretty quick. The only thing he was pissed about, and is still to this day, is that me, along with the other 2 guys I had with me, were not wearing our seatbelts. I haven't not worn my seatbelt since.

It was very scary **** to see my car on its top. I tipped it over from hitting about a 20 inch incline sideways. I was going about 30, tires started spinning, whipped the *** end out and hit the curb directly sideways. Just tipped onto it's top. SCARY. The only injury out of it was the guy in the passenger seat cut his hand and got 17 stitches....he has a pretty cool scar now!

I know this sucks for you. I cried the hardest I have ever cried once I got home and it hit me later that day. Everytime I walked out in my garage it scared the **** out of me. I was so happy finally when we got rid of it. That was a relief.

Luckily I have a great girlfriend who helped me a lot. I have great friends who were very cool about it. And being in football at the time was perfect. I feel sorry for some of the guys I hit on the scout team though. I took my frustrations out on them a lot of the time. Averaged about 2 or 3 snot rockets a day....hehe....those are the coolest....

Good luck. I wish you the best.
6T9PONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2001, 10:02 PM   #7
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

That was long. Sorry guys. Didn't mean to!
Old 12-05-2001, 11:06 PM   #8
RAGE_5.0
Registered Member

man that sucks about ur accident
it is the worse feeling oin the world especially when u can see it coming.when i was rear ended i heard screeching brakes and looked in the mirror just before she hit me.i didn't even have time to say anything or move a little. we hit a sign in my buddies ranger last winter it was the scaries thing. he was being stuipid and throwing the *** end arounfd in the ice and snow and he kicked it to far up and we went up the curb and stated heading towards a grrenhouse and a pole but he brought it back and only hit the sign.it was like it was slow motion and a million thoughts are racing through ur head.
i doubt ur parents will sell ur mach because they know how much it means to u and u will probably be abler to work out a deal with them.
good luck wioth getting the charges lessoned. the insurance on the mach is gonna hurt next spring when u put it on the raod...i have almost smacked up my car in the rain.i turned onto a road and was excelerating slowly shifted in to 2nd and then a few seconds later the *** end swings and i am heading into the other lane with a ford escape coming..in goes the clutch and adn i just had tio correct it the besst i could(it was due to bald rear tires)
its called an accident for a reason and its not like u were doing it on purpose so jusyt take wut they give u and try to make a deal to keep the mach

JAMES
Old 12-06-2001, 07:05 AM   #9
1969Mach1

Thanks guys, not a good feeling at all. I keep playing it over and over in my mind. Why did this happen to me. I just want my licence back and to keep my stang. Licence back for the main reason I gotta get to work in the morning and I don't want to take the bus like 8 times a day but looks like I will be for alittle while now, and I my g/f lives fairly far away so now it's going to be harder to see her. This sucks guys, I wish there is a easy way out but there isn't. I probably find out the damages on the van today. Let's all keep our fingers crossed for a very low amoutn. But I know this was a lesson from someone because I know I do drive alittle crazy and I was to stupid to relise what I was doing yesterday. But I put the van over the curb missed the first poll on my right by a foot, no ppl standing on the corner sidewalk or the sidewalk, threw the front yard, old lady sitting on her front porch, I went threw her driveway (luckily no cars parked in the driveway, then I went landed half way threw her neighbours front yard, missing a hyro poll by acouple a foot on my left and stopping in front of a tree by about a foot. This was a valuable lesson to be learned, you arn't invisiable, you can be stopped and when you do, it hurts alot.

For the note, it just rained and been raining for previous days so they ground was very very very soft so I just slid thats why I went so far.

302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made

Old 12-06-2001, 07:29 AM   #10
mustangman65_79
My poor 79 RIP

There has been many a time that I almost lost a car somewhere where they wern't ment to be. Quick thinking and action has saved me so far, but that will soon not count. I bet I could tell u some tales of oh-sh*t that will make your skin crawl, and I'm only 19. Ever almost went off a 50 foot drop before??? A river? Trust me, I got some tales, I lived in the country, so many tales, maybe I should type some on here some time, be looking for a post called close incounters of the crash kind.
'94 Lightning
'96 Trans am
mustangman65_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2001, 12:25 PM   #11
silver_pilate
DURKA DURKA!!

Hey bud,

Don't beat yourself up over it. There are many things that happen in this world that we have absolutely no control over (some would argue that we have control over absolutely nothing...but I refute that). Anyway, you made a mistake, no-one was seriously injured, you learned a valuable lesson, and now it's time to pay the piper, so to speak.

I had a similar lapse of judgement once in my truck (see my avator). I tried taking an S curve at 85 on a dirt road. Obviously a bad idea. Anyway, it helped to change my outlook on life and my driving habits.

Good luck on getting that stuff all sqaured away. Do what you can to keep from losing your stang. Work hard and be responsible and pay what you owe.

Here's some more pics of my wrecks:
My car and truck wrecks

--nathan
'91 GT, Coast 347, 9.5:1 compression, full intake, Wolverine 1087 cam, exhaust, Keith Craft ported Windsor Jr. Irons (235 cfm intake, 195 cfm exhaust), AOD, PI 3500 converter, Lentech valve body, 3.73's (4.10's in the works), and Yokohama ES100's out back.

Daily Car: '04 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6MT
silver_pilate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2001, 04:08 PM   #12
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

I have something that will hopefully raise your spirits a little bit...

Did you say "Oh sh!t!" right before it happened? Hehe...Here's a joke for ya....

A study was taken in all 50 states of the U.S. The study was over the last words out of the driver's mouth before or during the accident. Of the 50 states surveyed, results from 49 said the last words were "Oh sh!t!".

The 1 remaining state, Nebraska, had a different result. The last words were "Hold my beer and watch this!".

I just felt like making fun of my home state a little. Hopefully that will give you all a laugh. And by the way, I was not drinking, nor did I say "Watch this!" when I was in my accident.
Old 12-07-2001, 04:23 PM   #13
1969Mach1

hahaha...... now that cheered me up 6T9Pony.
I actually think the last words I said was Oh ****. lol It was a fishtail gone wrong was what it was. I like to drive dangeriously. And you know what if it wasn't for damn insurance and my parents and the police busting my chops, I'd do it again. But you know what I'll be back out there next summer trying it again. I'm hard headed. I won't give up. =) hehehe.... I was like 9/10 on that road. lol
Can't be afraid to die, just do it while your young and stupid. =)

302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made