MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-28-2001, 12:52 PM   #21
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

***1BAD89, You had your shot at me and my Gteched car, but as I recall, as soon as that was brought up you disappeared. LS1 in the shop?

As soon as what was brought up? LoL. I believe that whole topic was deleted and I just ended that there. So when did I have this shot? Because I must have missed it... By the way I got my "all stock" car down to 13.4. So....w/e you think man.

------------------
1989 GT, 3:55's, full exhaust, 4 in. hood, Pro 5.0, Have many other parts 4 sale. All parts for sale now.

2000 Camaro SS-A4, 13.4 all stock.

1989 Chevy S-10, EX. Cab-383(500+hp on motor), trick flow heads, trick flow pistons, etc... autometer phantom gauges, "built" 700R4, roll cage, lexan back window, corbeau seats, R.H.S. 5 harnesses, Fuel cell, convo pro wheels, 15x14's with 29x18.5 M/T'S on back, 15x4's on front, nitrous, and so much more!

[This message has been edited by 1BAD89 (edited 09-28-2001).]
1BAD89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2001, 02:05 PM   #22
Dark Knight
Registered Member

Cool

you can buy swap kits to put a 429/460 in the fox body... headers etc... fits pretty nice really... and I watched a guy with a low compression 460 in a fox run low 13's in street tires.. no DR's... C-6 and 3.08 gears... if you want to put one in your car, go 460, more cubes... easy to get 500HP and 500 ft/lbs of torque from one N/A
handling will suck though ;-)

------------------
84 convt,'95 302,AFR's, performer
3.55's, underdrives BBK shorties
stock cam, 1.7's
13.85@102.5
and a '68 stang that WAS nasty ;-)

Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2001, 06:20 PM   #23
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Easy to talk now that my trip has gone by. Like I said, I made the offer, the thread was deleted a while after that. I was willing to drive the distance to show your supercar tail lights but you didn't respond in the time the thread was still open.

Coulda, woulda, shoulda...

Doesn't matter much now, does it?
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2001, 07:10 PM   #24
mustang marty gt

rage they made 500 boss 429's in 1970 to run the nascar circuit against the superbird' that petty & etc ran.

[This message has been edited by mustang marty gt (edited 09-28-2001).]
Old 09-28-2001, 09:39 PM   #25
Frank VandenBerg
Registered Member

Anyway, Rage stick with the 302 unless you plan to get another car.
Besides, the Thunderjet was the passenger car motor, the CJ and SCJ were the hipo motors.

------------------
1989 LX Hatchback
5.0, 5spd., 3.73's, 65mm TB,gasket matched upper int., phenolic spacer,MSD wires, Accell coil, pullies, K&N, MAC cat-back,BBK 1 5/8" chrome long tubes,Steeda clutch quadrant, HPM subs, HD clutch
Best ET- 14.1
Best MPH- 101
60ft. 2.329

1970 Torino GT convertible,429cid

2000 Honda CR250R

Frank VandenBerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2001, 12:32 PM   #26
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

***Easy to talk now that my trip has gone by. Like I said, I made the offer, the thread was deleted a while after that. I was willing to drive the distance to show your supercar tail lights but you didn't respond in the time the thread was still open.
Coulda, woulda, shoulda...
Doesn't matter much now, does it?

LOL. I didn't hear anything about you coming here? You could've sent me a private message if you wanted some? How was I supposed to know when you were comming here "supposedly"? Anyway it's a pointless race, we would line up, I would pull quite a few car lengths and then what? Waste 13 seconds of my life on an guy that thinks he's a "bada$$" and can beat all LS1's, because he only has dynomax mufflers and an o/r h-pipe? I'd love to say this again, you'd lose. Stock for stock you just can't hang and we all know that. You could also look at it this way, you said you ran a 14+ on your G-tech, and said you could pull a 13.8x off?(Yeah right) Anyway even if you could run a 13.8 you still .4 tenths slower, if you need help processing than use an analyzer!!! Anyway you do the math, I just can't understand what you are thinking? =P Have a great day, I know I will.

------------------
1989 GT, 3:55's, full exhaust, 4 in. hood, Pro 5.0, Have many other parts 4 sale. All parts for sale now.

2000 Camaro SS-A4, 13.4 all stock.

1989 Chevy S-10, EX. Cab-383(500+hp on motor), trick flow heads, trick flow pistons, etc... autometer phantom gauges, "built" 700R4, roll cage, lexan back window, corbeau seats, R.H.S. 5 harnesses, Fuel cell, convo pro wheels, 15x14's with 29x18.5 M/T'S on back, 15x4's on front, nitrous, and so much more!

[This message has been edited by 1BAD89 (edited 09-29-2001).]
Old 09-29-2001, 01:16 PM   #27
mustang marty gt

Wink

89 89 89 mymy just kidding, had'nt heard from you for awhile take care.see ya

------------------
Old 09-29-2001, 03:17 PM   #28
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Question

Nice that you don't even remember the deal, 89?

No big deal. As far as I'm concerned, you've just been hangin with the ricers. All talk. That's already been proven. 13.4 on a racetrack. Not a country pothole infested road like I ran on. Maybe you think you can run the same on a beatup tractionless broken pavement strip as the drag strip? LOL. You are an idiot.
Old 09-29-2001, 03:41 PM   #29
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

I do my racing at the track, sorry. And my SS is just my daily driver, I have nothing to prove to you or anyone else. But ask anyone on here which is fast a stock LS1 that runs 13.4's or a stock mustang 87,88? with dynomax mufflers with an o/r h-pipe. LoL. For someone with your knowledge, or knowledge to browse the internet for answers, whatever....you want to call it, I'm almost bored to read your reply's to me anymore. I'm sorry you don't have any "nice" roads by your house, so you can really show that G-tech what it's made of! Get to a track, post your times, so we can all have a good laugh. And I'm sure you'll post your real times right? Righhhhtt.... It's guys like Unit, that have never raced there car at the track that really make me smile, when they talk, sh*t. You should really talk to someone about fixing your roads.

------------------

2000 Camaro SS-A4, 13.7's bone stock.

Old 09-29-2001, 09:38 PM   #30
Itgoez
Registered Member

Unit, is there little blue people that live in mushrooms in your world. You don't have a clue.
Rage, do up your 302 a little at a time. It's a fair bit of wrenching to change it.

------------------
Itgoez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2001, 11:29 PM   #31
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally posted by Itgoez:
Unit, is there little blue people that live in mushrooms in your world. You don't have a clue.
Rage, do up your 302 a little at a time. It's a fair bit of wrenching to change it.
I'm getting sick and tired of morons. When you get a car that doesn't require battery packs and a 9 volt for the controller, let me know. In the meantime please address the particular part of what I said that I don't have a "clue" about.

It's always good to know some people who have 7 posts have somehow aquired infinate knowledge of everything that has transpired on this board in the last few months/years.

Please enlighten me.

Wait better yet, even before I hear your response, here's my reply.

#1 Unit 5302 doesn't know what he's talking about when it comes to the 429 being a dog.

Reply: Sorry, dude. That's the word from several people who I'm close with that raced when the 429 was being run on the strips. It was no big deal. I'm suspicious of a 14.0@105 run period. That's just about how Skyman's car ran on the street. Traction for that car was non-existant. I'm talking smoking in 3rd gear.

#2 Unit 5302 doesn't know what he's talking about when it comes to the 429 having 10.5:1 compression.

Reply: I found 4 more sites listing this information constructed by automotive lovers. 3 of the 4 list the 360hp version as having 10.5:1 compression, and the other lists it as 11.0:1. Four sources to One. Now it's quite possible that the Boss 429 had 11.0:1 (11.3:1), but as I have seen 5 printed references to this information, and 4 have listed 10.5:1, I'm inclined to say it was more likely 10.5:1.

#3 Unit 5302 doesn't know what he's talking about when he links a site that lists the weight of a Torino GT Vert at 3600 lbs.

Reply: Since the Mustang of that year weighed in at a hefty 3100lbs with the FE engine, I don't see why 3600lbs is too far off. 4100lbs is unreasonable in my opinion when it comes to curb weight. Race weight, yeah, I believe with a 300lb driver and a full tank of gas would get you there, or at least close to there no problems. Musclecars are not as heavy as people make them out to be. It's a case of the older I get, the heavier/faster it was. People who own/owned these Musclecars would like to remember the good times as if todays cars just can't compete. The fact is, the newer cars are better in nearly every way on paper. They just lack the history, nostalgia, and character that the Musclecars have.

#4 Unit 5302 doesn't know what he's talking about as far as the stock 429's having major power.

Reply: Once again I can make reference to the fact the 429's were considered by the above cited people to be nothing big. Furthermore the claim of 14.0@105 makes me wonder. Maybe it's one hell of a fuckin runner? I searched files and information on that car for 30 minutes. Trap speeds on the GT (not the vert) ranged from 92-100mph with the 429 non Boss. Even the usually unbelievable Car Craft guys could only pull a 105 out of a stock "wink wink" Torino GT 429SCJ semi hemi. Yes the guys at Car Craft were great at pulling awesome times and trap speeds out of those cars, but like most other tests, the SCJ runs away from the thunderjet 429 on top end. On a side note, 280 net hp would be pretty accurate for a conversion. I'm only using about 25% loss. I've seen as high as 30% cited. Maybe the engine was underrated and really makes 290 net hp. Side side note. The stock 5.0HO made 225hp with 9.0:1 CR. Going from 9.0:1 to 10.5 or 11.0:1 CR would have added at least 20hp. The Mustang Cobra, which was very much de-tuned can makes an underrated 240hp with 8.8:1 CR or so. With 10.5:1 or 11.0:1 compression it would make 360 gross hp pretty damn easy.

#5 Unit 5302 doesn't know what he's talking about when he said 1BAD89 disappeared when I said I'd be more than happy to meet up in Kansas City (1/2 way) actually closer to him.

Reply: I'm glad you think so. I'm sure you have been all over this board in the past few weeks with your 7 posts.

#6 Unit 5302 doesn't know what he's talking about when he says 1BAD89's car won't run as good on busted-*** pavement than it does at a racetrack.

Reply: When you are riding your big wheel, ever notice how traction gets worse when you go onto the grass Itgoes? That's a lot like what happens when you go from a drag strip with smooth traction compound infested starting boxes to a country road that hasn't seen a road crew in 15 years with buckled pavement and a high hp car.

#7 Unit 5302 doesn't know what he's talking about when he says 1BAD89 or anybody else who's supposedly informed, is an idiot when they think comparing a time on a country road vs a time on a racetrack is equal ground with performance.

Reply: See above reference you the post regarding your big wheel.

In the future I hope you decide to pick a specific area to say I don't have a clue in.
Old 09-30-2001, 01:55 AM   #32
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

***#5 Unit 5302 doesn't know what he's talking about when he said 1BAD89 disappeared when I said I'd be more than happy to meet up in Kansas City (1/2 way) actually closer to him.

***Reply: I'm glad you think so. I'm sure you have been all over this board in the past few weeks with your 7 posts.

**#6 Unit 5302 doesn't know what he's talking about when he says 1BAD89's car won't run as good on busted-*** pavement than it does at a racetrack.

Ok first off, who races on busted up roads? First thing that comes to mind are hill-billy's. I did not dissappear, I saw no post on you meeting me in Kansas City? WTF, And what is the point we could go to the track, the street, wherever you want, you'd still lose. And if you think the guy that posted with 8 posts is me, it's not. Which one do you think would run faster on a beat up road?...think about it real hard...ok? you ready? An automatic LS1, or a 5-speed mustang. Any scenario you "make up" your still slower. So "ALL MIGHTY DYNOMAX GUY" the question is why are you THE most bitter fug on here? GO TO A TRACK, GET SOME TIMES, are you afraid, and no I don't want to hear your excuses...Track Times are it...Not any G-tech crap, THE TRACK IS WHERE THE REAL TIMES ARE. When I step back and read all your posts, it makes me think if you were the Little Fat fugger that got picked on at elementary school? THE TRACK WILL TELL...Racing on streets with potholes etc, is the most ignorant thing I have heard. And the racetrack that I ran my 13.4 on is not "sticky" and I was on street tires still spinning. So all I really see in your posts are excuses. You know people don't like jacka$$es and that is what you've become. It's even funnier that you haven't raced at the track yet, but those stock 5.0 heads must be flowing reallllllllllllllllllll good the way you say it runs on ol busted up roads with potholes on it. LoL. What were the flow numbers of the stock heads again? Come on look it up, hurry now, run along. Once again do the math. Please. LoL.

------------------

2000 Camaro SS-A4, 13.4's bone stock.

[This message has been edited by 1BAD89 (edited 09-30-2001).]
Old 09-30-2001, 12:30 PM   #33
Frank VandenBerg
Registered Member

A 3600lb. convertible had a 302, bench seat and a C-4. My car has power everthing and A/C. I had three Thunderjet motors and when I had them built. The compression was 10.9 or more with stock pistons and virgin heads. The fact that you have to look up sites on the internet to back up your statements, to me means you don't really have alot of common sense, and are ignorant to the fact that when people have concrete evidence to show you're wrong, you're still right. Anyway keep the shiny side up.

------------------
1989 LX Hatchback
5.0, 5spd., 3.73's, 65mm TB,gasket matched upper int., phenolic spacer,MSD wires, Accell coil, pullies, K&N, MAC cat-back,BBK 1 5/8" chrome long tubes,Steeda clutch quadrant, HPM subs, HD clutch
Best ET- 14.1
Best MPH- 101
60ft. 2.329

1970 Torino GT convertible,429cid

2000 Honda CR250R

Frank VandenBerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2001, 12:39 PM   #34
Itgoez
Registered Member

Unit, the number of posts has nothing to do with knowledge. It seems to me you've got nothing better to do. Go get a girlfriend. The reason I look on here is to get a chuckle out of dumba$$'s like you. I've forgotten more than you'll ever know. The other reason is to get some insight on the newer parts available for Mustangs. Have fun.
Itgoez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2001, 07:51 PM   #35
Unit 5302
Registered Member

You are all fuckin morons... Can't handle the fact I don't have the desire to drive 300 miles to the nearest track and spend between $40 and $135 to make one or two runs? **** that. It's expensive as hell to run here.

Maybe ******* dumbass SOB's can run up and down the strip in front of the cop shop dragging the 1/4 mile on a Gtech, but here, they bust your stupid redneck Oklahoma *** . You chickened out, didn't even come up with an excuse. Now you sit back like the ricer you are and talk the talk. You've been nothing but hatin on Mustangs since you got that pile of fuckin **** Fbod. Go to LS1.com and rant on about your invincible pile of **** . I'm tired of the 9 million GM dickheads on this site. They come out of the woodwork to rip on the stangs every time a kill post is made on an LS1 (or impossibly, a car faster than an LS1) You bitched about getting traction dumbass. My car isn't running anything less than a 13.8 when I tune it. **** that, I can get better than that out of it if I need to. Meanwhile your times will go to hell running on what I was running on. You're dumb as a rock. Traction advantage ME. I ran on it. You didn't. You honestly think my time will get worse running on what I already ran on?

Frank I've never met a person more blinded by rose colored shades than you. I'm sorry I don't carry around the compression ratios in my head for every car ever produced. All I go by is the numbers printed in books, and what people put out that are DEDICATED to the things. The people who build those sites have more effort into them that what you'll ever have into your old Torino, buddy. For what? Do they get money for it? **** no. They get a bunch of peon idiots like yourself running around saying they have a 10.9:1 CR fresh built stock 429. But as long as your alzheimers having piece of **** *** brain recalls 10.9:1, that's what it is. Take your BS 105 trap speed (wouldn't even trap that on a Gtech) face and wash all the **** you just spewed out off.

Itgoez get your head outta your *** . You think you've got some knowledge. Fine. What are you posting in Windsor for? You can't pick up a magazine and look through it for prices on a 9"? I saw your post on getting a 9" into an 85 Mustang. What the **** for? Are you gonna be running 7's? Your dad ask you how to get that info off the internet for him?

You can all kiss my *** . Can't handle reality, not my problem kiddies. Reality is the LS1 is not unbeatable. Reality is all the options in the world don't add more than a couple hundred pounds. Reality is you come and talk **** , I'll make you look like a monkey.
Old 09-30-2001, 08:11 PM   #36
Skyman
I need 110mph Trap Speed!

Sorry, but 4100lbs + 360gross hp does not = 105mph trap speed.
My car weights around 3100-3200lbs, has More HP than that, and traps 107.

Skyler

------------------
-1989 Saleen Mustang #406-
TFS TW Heads, E-303, Edelbrock intake, 70mm TB, 73mm MAF, 24lb injectors, 1 5/8 shorties, Off Road H, 3 Chamber flows, Jaz Race seats, Back seat removed, sub-frames, Roll Cage, and a 80 shot of N20.
12.54@107.4 Motor
332RWHP, 350rwtq
Skyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2001, 08:23 PM   #37
Rev
Registered Member

I actually trapped 107.5 and 13.83 on the G-Tech with my new Road Demon carb. That's probably only 102 actual. Can't wait to get to the track for a real time slip.

Rev

------------------
'66 Coupe, 306, 300 HP, C-4, 13.97 e.t., 100.3 mph
1/4 mi.
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2001, 08:33 PM   #38
mustang marty gt

Wink

go unit i think you pretty well got the lowdown , man! we got into it once, & i checked it out & apoligized, i do think when it come's to car's esp. ford's you do know your fact's let it go man , i learned it is not worth getting p. o .ed about , idon't know why all theses ricer's & - you gotta love this , iheard a new one for gmc -gay man coming, guess i'll catch it for that oh well ,who cares. i don't.take care .

------------------
00gt b. a. black passing out heart attack's leaving them , like a rock on the side of the road.

[This message has been edited by mustang marty gt (edited 09-30-2001).]
Old 09-30-2001, 10:02 PM   #39
86GT
Sniffed too much n20

I think a moderator should close or delete this thread. Sorry to say it guys, but this got way out of hand from Rage's questions.

86GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2001, 10:31 PM   #40
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

=P

[This message has been edited by 1BAD89 (edited 10-01-2001).]

[This message has been edited by 1BAD89 (edited 10-01-2001).]