View Single Post
Old 09-01-2005, 10:33 PM   #1
HoodStrype
Rearview Mirror Haze

Wink Why ask "Why me?"

I'm kind of upset and I think this will help if it doesn't make me sound like a dork and bring everyone down...

My dad bought me an '83 GLX conv. when I was 16 (1995). It was a piece and a v6 so he got it painted and the body fixed. I have never been so proud since. I worked for a year to buy a 5.0 for it like my older friend had (A brand new 1993 lx coupe).
Ahhh, so stop here if you want- cos this is where it begins...

So dad felt bad cause everything went wrong with the car and I had to spend all of my money on it that I had saved for a motor. He gets a promotion and buys me the car of my dreams... an '86 GT conv triple white for $5,000. That car is still under user's rides by the way (I miss u baby!).

To make a long story short, she needed a lot of work after the abuse I gave her for 4 1/2 years. We couldn't afford anymore and I parted ways with a car that had $10k sunk in it for $2,900. That was about year 2000.

You see, my dad meant a lot to me because he was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis when he was 9 yrs old. His mom was in a wheel chair with it and died when he was 18- his dad passed when he was only 2. He grew up in poverty in the middle of Alabama. He went to school and pulled himself out of poverty and got a job with the Army.

4 weeks ago my dad went into another surgery, he has had many. This was to fix one of his 9 or so artificial joints- a hip replacement from 1973 that was only supposed to last 10 years. I left the hospital one day 3 weeks ago and bought my first Mustang GT on my own. I told him that when he got better I could drive it over and show it to him. As you've probably figured out by now, that day never came and never will.

I guess even though this a messed up place to say it- Be strong... guys the soul of man can overcome anything the body cannot. So next time you have a headache, or don't feel good... take my word for it- pretend it's not there. Nothing can ruine your day if you don't let it. And one other thing, swallow your pride and go give your dad a hug if you've still got one, there will come a day. So uh anyway, I'm back after 5 or so years!

...the epitome of Murphy's Law
HoodStrype is offline   Reply With Quote