View Single Post
Old 09-08-2005, 07:31 PM   #7
~The Jester~
Rat Killer

Default Re: Why ask "Why me?"

My Dad bought me my first Mustang also, and gave it to me on my 16th Birthday in 1986. It was a 64 1/2, in fact the 20th Stang ever built. Long story short, she didn't have a title, so she sat for fear of sinking money into a project that I might never get to drive. (Just sold her 3 years ago, and saw her driving down the road last month!!! I was extatic!!)
Soooo, ended up with a (cough) Shivvy Pickup, diesel engine yanked, 400 small block dropped in. Spent MANY hours figuring out why it wouldn't run, but he got it. See my Dad has been a mechanic for my whole life. Taught me everything I needed to know, and then some.
Traded that Truck in on a 1980 Cobra when we moved to Florida. Dad got that one working too. Being around diesels his whole life, the turbo was NOT a problem for him.
Moved back to Ohio in 1989, and Dad was there for me once again. Co-signed a loan to buy my 1984 GT.
I got married in 1990, and my Dad was my best man in my wedding. And starting a family, all the toys had to go. (THAT car, I miss!!!) My wife and I ran into some financial trouble as most young couples do, we were only 20 when we got married.
In 2002, I found this Stang in Chattanooga Tennessee that I just HAD to have. Hadn't had any toys since 1990, so you guessed it. Dad loaned me the 4K to but the car you see in my sig. I've added several thousand dollars to it since then, but without his help, I could have never done it. See, with Dad's help, I started building my current car when I was 16. Now that I'm 35, I've learned enough about cars that I'm able to build this flying machine. I only hope I learned enough about being as good a father to my children, as he has been to me.
I'm fortunate enough to still have him with me, and NOT A DAY goes by that I don't thank my lucky stars for that.

Sorry to get long winded, but I had to explain so you would understand.

I am TRULY sorry for your loss.

MICE need not apply.....

~The Jester~ is offline   Reply With Quote