MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2002, 04:40 PM   #1
fast88
Registered Member

Default Why Dan???

I have always enjoyed this site and the tech I have gotten here has been a real help,but I have a bone to pick!I am a member of www.hardcore50.com and there was a post over there about you and some shady business with fox-lake like stealing domain names and trying to sell it back to them.I am sure I will be banned from this site after this post but it will be worth it to let everyone here know who and what kindof man they are dealing with.now if I have been told wrong on this subject please let me know and I will be glad to apologize and defend you but I don't think I will have to do that!!!!! Thank you !!!
88 Notchback orig. 4 cylinder car with a efi v8 swap from a wrecked 89 5.0 hatch,edelbrock performer rpm's 190/160,typhoon intake,comp cams 1.6 rockers,65mm tb and spacer,pa performance c4 w/ 3000 stall,3.73's auburn pro, 31 spline mosers,mac off road h-pipe,1 5/8 shorties ,and 2 1/2 pro dumps,kirban fpr,190 lph walbrp.
SOON TO BE BLOWN!

Last edited by fast88; 08-01-2002 at 05:00 PM..
Old 08-01-2002, 04:48 PM   #2
Eric4Nitrous
Registered Member

Maybe you should quit listening to the people over at Hardcore at find out from the man himself. Not flaming just a suggestion.
Old 08-01-2002, 05:09 PM   #3
fast88
Registered Member

Default where it came from!

The thread originated from a post on the nmra racing forum from the owner of fox-lake.I was gonna post a copy of the thread but some how it mysteriously doesn't exist any longer!
88 Notchback orig. 4 cylinder car with a efi v8 swap from a wrecked 89 5.0 hatch,edelbrock performer rpm's 190/160,typhoon intake,comp cams 1.6 rockers,65mm tb and spacer,pa performance c4 w/ 3000 stall,3.73's auburn pro, 31 spline mosers,mac off road h-pipe,1 5/8 shorties ,and 2 1/2 pro dumps,kirban fpr,190 lph walbrp.
SOON TO BE BLOWN!
Old 08-01-2002, 07:48 PM   #4
Eric4Nitrous
Registered Member

I really don't think Dan would do something like that. I dunno.
Old 08-01-2002, 09:10 PM   #5
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Thumbs down

...and you don't think that just maybe, this is a topic that should primarily be discussed b/t you and Dan in private?? Think about it. What is your point of starting a thread like this at MW? Hmmmm. Oh, I guess you just felt it your loyal duty of all Mustangers to expose Dan for the scum he is. What's your point? Hey, I don't even know if you're right or wrong, honestly, but you method sucks!!

Later.
Stock 5.8L under 4" cowl 'glass hood, C4 w/ Transgo shift kit, Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake; Fluidyne Al radiator, Flexalite 175 electric fan, 1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, FRPP Al driveshaft; S&W 6-point cage; 2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters, 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s; Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 275/50/15 Nitto NT 555R Drag Radials;
14 x 4” K&N X-stream air filter.

'92 GT (5-speed)
Small In Car Video
Stock 5.0L, 2-chamber Flowmasters, MAC CAI, Tri-Ax, Al pedals...

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Old 08-01-2002, 09:21 PM   #6
fast88
Registered Member

Default hhhmmmm

I'm not gonna go there with ya,but lets just say if some thing is said now maybe someone else won't have to got through the same problems as Fox-Lake.
I love to race my stang and I love our sport .It just pisses me off to see someone take advantage of someone like that.Maybe I am wrong and maybe I'm not but I just wanted an answer and still haven't got one!
SOON TO BE BLOWN!
Old 08-01-2002, 09:40 PM   #7
Bad89stang
Registered Member

Thumbs down

The man has a right to ask a question. I am pretty sure we can bring up topics of interest even on Mustangworks. Who cares if someone doesn't like your method of presenting it.
Old 08-01-2002, 09:45 PM   #8
srv1
Get down.....

Default Dan is a thief....who cares? he is a Klepto too!

who cares if Dan did it anyways? maybe you do Fast88 and some others that you know, but that is not going to change anything about this site just to let you know. hey, their is always lawyers for this! you know, the legalized crook?
Old 08-01-2002, 10:33 PM   #9
PieceOfShite50
Registered Member

Funny thing.....The person being accused does not have the courage to Reply?.
Old 08-01-2002, 10:39 PM   #10
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

Quote:
Originally posted by PieceOfShite50
Funny thing.....The person being accused does not have the courage to Reply?.

1998 HD Electra Elide
Old 08-01-2002, 10:41 PM   #11
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Hey Fast,
Did you ever think that maybe, just maybe there may be a reason that the post over at hardcore50 got deleted?

Dan is an absolute straight-arrow guy, and sorry, I'm going to vouch for him as he were my brother...

Do you have any IDEA just how much Dan has done for the Mustang community? Any inkling at all?

And as far as that ffw crap goes, don't get me started...

There is a REASON there's a new official web site for ffw.
I'm not going to go into details, but lets just say that Dan was on the RECEIVING end of something he did not deserve after years of hard work and devotion to FFW.

If you or Mr. Klass have a problem with Dan, I suggest you take it up with him. You don't smear his name on his own web site....

Old 08-01-2002, 10:42 PM   #12
Adam Culpepper
Registered Member

what Dan did concerning the FunFord website (now *************DotCom) is unscrupulous, at best. what he did concerning the Fox-Lake site would be considered illegal if it pertained to tangible property. it speaks volumes of his character. for the record, i believe Fox Lake to be telling the truth.

theives deserve no respect. the fact that the laws are vague on this subject, or that he might not get in trouble does not dilude the fact that this is unnacceptable behavior for any decent person.

will he respond or not?
Old 08-01-2002, 10:44 PM   #13
PieceOfShite50
Registered Member

I see no name smearing happening....The man asked Dan a question.....The thread was not deleted on Hardcore50....it was deleted from another site......and if you go to either of the sites listed old web address's it come straight to this site....Hmmmmm wonder why????
Old 08-01-2002, 10:53 PM   #14
PhreakFree
Registered Member

ok, here's the deal, I got this info from a guy who works for Fox-lake on the nmra website. Someone deleted that thread. the thread still exists on hardcore50.com as for the situation itself, the www.fox-lake.com website no longer forwards to mustangworks.com probably due to the recent occurences. But the www.funfordweekend.com web site still forwards to mustangworks.com now, I've noticed reading all of these posts that www.funfordweekend.com has been "******" so no one can see what it actualy is, being the old FFW website. so I expect that it will be censored here too. But I ASSUME, that the only reason that site hasn't changed over is probably because they are getting a lot of hits due to it. I actually do like this site and rad a lot of content on it, but stuff like this just ticks me off, people shouldn't do that to eachother, especially in a close knitt community like us mustang racers.
Old 08-01-2002, 10:54 PM   #15
srv1
Get down.....

Question JUST QUESTIONS AND STATEMENTS, THATS ALL....

i always wanted to say this. here it goes... hey piece of shite, can you link us to those sites! i am laughing at your screen name! that is funny!

Hammer. politicians do alot for communities to make themselves look good. doesnt mean they are honest and they can be corrupt(trying to use an example). unless you know Dan personally(do you? i really dont know. ) then their is always two sides to a story. i was just kidding that he was a thief. he could be, but i dont know, dont care. as for others saying he stole a domain name, whether true or not, it wont effect this site. bacially that is all i was trying to say.
Old 08-01-2002, 11:01 PM   #16
PhreakFree
Registered Member

Here is the link of the thread at hardcore50.com

http://bbs.hardcore50.com/vbulletin/...&threadid=4847

if it gets **** out, then PM for it, I'd be happy to supply you with it. I'm not accusing dan, but you can draw your own conclusions.
Old 08-01-2002, 11:03 PM   #17
PieceOfShite50
Registered Member

Hey Rich......It's PJ.........

Anyway....If you want the other sites addy's....let me knwo i will PM them to you so you can see for yourselves
Old 08-01-2002, 11:07 PM   #18
PhreakFree
Registered Member

send it on over PJ
Old 08-01-2002, 11:07 PM   #19
PieceOfShite50
Registered Member

You've seen them Rich....they are the FFW site and The Fox Lake site
Old 08-01-2002, 11:08 PM   #20
The Deuce
Registered Member

I'm going to take a whole different approach to the question. Anybody else click on the funfordweekend link? I did, and there is a banner there about getting domain names as soon as they expire. THEN it forwards to MW.

That being said, anyone who buys a site that the owner has let expire and sells the domain back is a shrewd buisnessman. If that is what Dan did, kudos in my book. It is an honest way to make a buck. Seems like the owner of the sight was forgetful or lazy.

To address his lack of response. One cannot respond unless they have seen the thread. I haven't seen him on tonight. Maybe someone can call him, and let him know a bunch of newbie are dragging his name through the mud.

Rice Haters Club Member #13
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: