MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-14-2002, 01:04 AM   #1
69fastback
IRAQ VET

Question Why do women always leave when i go overseas?

OK so know it has happened to me again. When i was in korea the first month I was there my g/f had left me. I had called and wrote and everything but still got left. OK now i have been in the Middle East for only two weeks and it has happened again. (Man is it ever hot here). Different girl this time but same results. I really don't get it. I am just out here doing my job and it just seems like I get a bunch of crap for it. I am writing this cuz i really don't understand and hope someone can explain it to me? why can't any women handle a man being away doing his job?

I quess i will just have to go take it out on some rag heads. Yeah that sounds like a good idea.
91 GT
69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 01:25 AM   #2
The Deuce
Registered Member

Question They're stupid

I am going to get a lot of flak for that one, but its true. Girl I work with dumped her boyfriend because SHE moved 6 hours away. I know there are some good women out there, most are married to my friends already though. The other good ones are too good for me. The rest think they are in a Stephen Stills song, you know, "If you can't be with the one you love, love the one your with."
That's pretty much all the advice I have. Is your 69 on base or at home? I noticed you were originally from So Cal, so if its there (here) I want to see it and the race offer stands.
Take it out on some of those ***'s over there. It will be good for everybody, and thanks for doing a job that I'm not man enought to do. Take care,
Mike

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 03:07 AM   #3
Mach 1
Registered Member

Woman dont like to be alone, period. Unless your in a serious relationship, dont expect them to wait around for you, especially if they know you might be coming home in a body bag.

By the way, must be tough over there with internet access and all. Dont work to hard
RHC member #142
Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 05:52 AM   #4
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

Hey, sorry to hear about that bud. How long were you with her? and how much longer are you going to be there. It must be tough over there. My biggest problem would be what is going on back home with my g/f. Sometimes it's best that she break up with you appose you to return and she's cheating with some other guy. Don't worry bud, plenty of woman out there.

§am.

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 06:06 AM   #5
mustangman65_79
My poor 79 RIP

Most women can't handle the military men. This happends all the time. I'm sure I'm going to get flak for this, but women are hornier then men, they just don't show it like we do. They can't stand being away from a guy for that long and the temptations are too strong to cheat on them, so they break up.

Marriages always fail in the military. Just look at the odds. Also, a lot of ppl get married just because they are getting deployed, and DON'T want them to leave them.

When your juggling military and women, the women are always the ones dropped.
'94 Lightning
'96 Trans am
mustangman65_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 06:51 AM   #6
LT1 Z28
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mach 1
Woman dont like to be alone, period. Unless your in a serious relationship, dont expect them to wait around for you, especially if they know you might be coming home in a body bag.

By the way, must be tough over there with internet access and all. Dont work to hard
It's hard to find a supportive woman nowadays. My wife and I waited 2 years to be together. We were 9000km appart and saw each other every 6 months only. But now we are together and our lives could not be any better.

It seems values get lost over generations.
Lots more....
Best so far on ET Streets:
12.11 @ 117.7 Mph
1.84 60ft
LT1 Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 06:59 AM   #7
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Angry Stupidity!

69Fastback....
All I can say that its her loss!!!!! Call it stupidity or the fear of being alone, but its not like you are never gonna be back again...
Mach 1 has a good point....Most women DONT Like to be alone...and unless there was a very strong bond there and a very serious relationship...chances are that it would be too much for them...which, is stupid on thier part, all it takes is a little patience!!!
Waiting is a tough thing...on any relationship regardless of what the circumstances are.. Even in a STRONG relationship, the temptaion to throw in the towel is there when there are some emotional needs not being met for whatever reason because of waiting!
When you meet the right one and she can deal w/ it, it will just make that 'homecoming' all the more better!!!!!!! I wish you the best of luck and I hope that one day you finally find that one that will stick it out....
The Deuce has another good point too....there is someone out there....just seems like they are always married!!!!! Again, a problem that you will encounter more as you get older....by the time your in your mid 30's all the good ones are allready snatched up!
Again, It is HER loss!!!! And, you deserve better for yourself! Good luck to ya, and just look out for yourself!!!!!!
Be Careful! Your Friend, Christine

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 07:52 AM   #8
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

greg, be careful over there bro, man that suck's i hate to hear it for you, im glad i had odie when i was over there, im sure you will find someone better, this just let you know, she really didnt care anyway, send me your apo addy,if you still have mine 2 can's of beer will fit in a pringle's can, heheh, they even taste great at 120 degree's, haha, watch those camel spider's man if one bites you run to medical, take my word for it, be careful over there, god i hate that place, write me, l8ter, marty.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 12:10 PM   #9
DRASTiK
Registered Member

Default THE DREADED "DEAR JOHN" LETTER

Man, I know what you're going through. I remember when I was in boot camp for 13 weeks, not only could my girlfriend at the time not stay with me, but before she wrote me the letter, she couldn't even stay faithful to me. I wasn't even gone 2 months at the time I received the letter telling me she was sleeping with my best friend.

It happens all the time in the military. It's just a sad fact of life. The only was I could look at it was that I had committed myself to something more important than some high school type drama filled relationship and didn't have time to mess with it. It almost killed me being stuck at boot camp knowing what was going on back home. That was only 13 weeks and two states away, and when you compare that to overseas tours in other countries, it seems like nothing.

There are women out there that aren't this way, and I was lucky enough to marry one after being in the Corps for almost three years. We've had some hard times, but she's strong and I can trust her with all aspects of my life when I'm not around.

Don't give up man, but just accept the fact that this can and sometimes will happen when you leave. Don't beat yourself up over it because there's nothing you can do. You're supporting a great Nation and you are an asset to this country. Don't forget that.

Dave

RHC member #75

My stang is FOR SALE!!
DRASTiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 03:54 PM   #10
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Unhappy See Ya!

why can't any women handle a man being away doing his job? - 69fastback

Because it's a superficial, shallow relationship. You're both young and have little patience and so she probably sees no future in having a boyfriend across the world while her friends date and party every week. A 'boyfriend' is just that. With your prolonged absence, there isn't much point to the term anymore so she bails. You might do the same thing.
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 04:05 PM   #11
Jeb_Bush_2000
Registered Member

Don't feel so bad. My friend died in a car accident while her husband was stationed in Korea.

At least you only got dumped.
Jeb_Bush_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 05:55 PM   #12
gt lee

69fastback, like they all said, take your time, your still young and being married or a steady relationship while having to go overseas is very hard. It was hard on me and Marty when he was in the navy and would go out to sea all the time, and I had to stay at home and it amazed me how when the ships sailed off to sea the women sailed off to the nearest bar and had them a good old time. Blew my mind. And then when he went to Saudi he had to go to Fort Campbell for a short time first. And I would go and see him and get a motel so he would get a good night sleep in a real bed, and when I would go on base the women that were married to the guys that had already left, were horing around with the new guys in the bunks. Its a very serious life that some women do not understand.
So take your time on picking a women. Unless you just want to have fun. Cause milatery life for a women is hard to handle and like some said they don't like being left behind. Unfortunate you seem to find the ones that are not as serious as you and thats a shame. So hang in there, when the right one comes along you will know...Odie
Old 05-14-2002, 08:03 PM   #13
rbatson

Thumbs down That sucks!

Dude, feel lucky that you found out before you got too serious with her. One of my cousins got married to a girl and got stationed in Korea. When he got back, she was gone and so was all his ****. I don't think he ever got to talk to her face-to-face again, he did finally find out where she was after a lengthy search.
Old 05-14-2002, 08:04 PM   #14
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Quote:
Originally posted by mustangman65_79
Most women can't handle the military men. This happends all the time. I'm sure I'm going to get flak for this, but women are hornier then men, they just don't show it like we do. They can't stand being away from a guy for that long and the temptations are too strong to cheat on them, so they break up.

Marriages always fail in the military. Just look at the odds. Also, a lot of ppl get married just because they are getting deployed, and DON'T want them to leave them.

When your juggling military and women, the women are always the ones dropped.
How eloquent!

Everything is not about sex...women get emotionally lonely as well...at least the type of women that I know, not sure about other people...

Despite these facts, I'm sure the women you date know the situation beforehand, and if they don't feel that they can handle the distance, then they shouldn't get involved and waste your time. Women on average have definetely gotten less classy, and its hard to find someone that will have morals that they live by---hold out for one, you deserve it. Until then, consider yourself lucky that those woman showed their true colors as quickly as they did...you're better off without them
Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 08:26 PM   #15
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Maybe I'm unreasonable here, but you're just getting into a relationship and you want a girl to put her life on hold for you? To be perfectly honest, you chose a life that takes you out of the picture. Why is it her responsibility to hold the relationship together?

Maybe when the relationship gets serious, but before that I think far more pressure is on the girl. My sister was talking to me about dating a military guy who was being sent out on assignment. I told her it wasn't what she wanted.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 09:47 PM   #16
Old Guy with 87 GT
Registered Member

mmm i'm staying out of this one

just wanted to say .....it's a good thing when you find out how serios somone feels early on in the relationship ........the scenario could have been alot worse.....she didn't lead you on ,and she didn't have bad intentions she just wasn't comitted enough to wait

like i alway's say ....women are crazy ....her loss, not yours
take care of yourself while your over there..... ,don't worry bout this girl...in your lifetime there will be others.... i guarantee it
87 Mustang GT T-top >hanlon t-5, pro 5.0, centerforce clutch ,adj. cable/quatrant ,3.27s ,full 2 1/2 ex(off road H) adj. reg. ,e-cam ,70mm TB, cobra intake ,1.7rr ,ported/milled e7ets w/crane springs ,306 balaced/decked short block w/speed pro forged flat top pistons ...257rwhp/302rwt
best et 13.7@102 (4/11 )

'80 Capri (future project,currently collecting parts for 351 moter)
Old Guy with 87 GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2002, 01:25 AM   #17
mustangII460
Factoy Five Roadster

Same thing happened to me when I went to Germany.

It worked out for the best though, ive been married now for 11 years to super woman I met soon after. Shes the one wanting me to build a 427 Cobra.< maybe The Perfect Woman??
mustangII460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2002, 01:53 AM   #18
69fastback
IRAQ VET

I am just dumb i quess when it comes to this kinda thing. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt but that never seems to work out. I was pretty dumb to actually think something would happen. I have seen it a million times. LIke Odie said everytime you see a big deployment form a military post the wifives head straight for the bar to find someone. I am just going to wait until i get out. I got only a year left then everything will change. Thank you for the kind words from everyone.
91 GT
69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2002, 02:32 AM   #19
PKRWUD

Default Re: Stupidity!

Okay, first off, the question implies that there is a standard rhyme or reason to understanding women. This is simply not true, and the sooner you accept that, the sooner relationships will become less stressfull for you.

That being said, I think Christine said it best:

Quote:
Originally posted by Topless In Texas
Waiting is a tough thing...on any relationship regardless of what the circumstances are.. Even in a STRONG relationship, the temptaion to throw in the towel is there when there are some emotional needs not being met for whatever reason because of waiting!
I've never been in the military, but I have been in an environment where you are separated from your loved ones for long lengths of time. The one constant that I have learned from being in that environment many times, is that unless you have a rock solid relationship (and sometimes even then), you are better off having none. Time goes by alot faster when you're not constantly thinking about your significant other, and what they're doing, or not doing, or why they didn't answer the phone, or write you back when you expected, etc. Your own mind becomes your worst enemy, and time drags on by, slower than ever.

It's hard, but it's been my experience that it's alot easier when you're single.

Good luck.

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2002, 02:36 AM   #20
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Default Re: Re: Stupidity!

[QUOTE
The one constant that I have learned from being in that environment many times, is that unless you have a rock solid relationship (and sometimes even then), you are better off having none. Time goes by alot faster when you're not constantly thinking about your significant other, and what they're doing, or not doing, or why they didn't answer the phone, or write you back when you expected, etc. Your own mind becomes your worst enemy, and time drags on by, slower than ever.

It's hard, but it's been my experience that it's alot easier when you're single.

Good luck.

Take care,
-Chris [/B][/QUOTE]

DAMN. I COULDN'T HAVE SAID THAT ANY BETTER MYSELF!!!!!!! Your own mind is DEFINETALY your worst enemy!!!!! Thoughts to live by....

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote