MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-15-2002, 09:37 AM   #21
NotchJohnson
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by PKRWUD
Have you ever gotten really, really, REALLY stoned, and had a bitchin idea that would be the coolest thing ever, but woke up the next day to find your favorite concert t-shirt, from 10 years ago, spray-painted and stuck to a piece of cardboard? Of course you haven't, but if you had, you never would have worn it out of the house, right?

Ricers not only wear it out of the house, they get little neon lights to put all over it so even the truly uninterested will be forced to see what a moron they really are.

Does that make it any clearer?

Take care,
~Chris
LMFAO!
Old 10-15-2002, 10:15 AM   #22
MattwantsSpeed
Registered Member

I didn't read every single post, but I do agree with MACH 1 in saying you're digging WAY too deep. But, just like everyone has an *******, I have an opinion. RICE to me is an attitude like alot of people have said but it's also ANY domestic or foreign car that looks or sounds ridiculous. I will admit in most cases that is the import doing those things but I have seen things as ridiculous as a 98 Dodge Intrepid with Honda badges inside and out. And I must say I DO have a HATE for these kind of cars, it's just embarrassing to me, I don't get it.

Matt

Best to date: 14.331@97.46mph with 14*/stock fan/short belt and a 2.222 60' in 90 degree weather

Waiting to put on Off road H and 1 5/8 headers

Rice Hater's Club #36
MattwantsSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 01:51 PM   #23
fastfox91
Registered Member

Default Re: Why do you hate rice and why?

ill give them credit if done right some of the cars look good, but then you have the ones who hack it together and it looks like sh*t. and as for the stupid fart pipes, they really think that they sounds good.but id rather have a 5.0 exhaling through good ol flomastermufflers...
fastfox91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 07:09 PM   #24
Orange97GTVert
Mustang Fanatic

Rice is a fad, rice is an attitude, has nothing to do with imports. Some of the worst rice cars are some V6 Mustangs, its like your parents bought you a Mustang but you wanted a Civic? Its the whole attitude of hanging junk all over your car, no matter that it doesnt fit or add any function. The wing, the frontend kits with chickenwire mesh grilles, the stickers, the 5" tach with an automatic, the fart can, the neon, all this on a 4 door car with a 4 banger that won't get out of it's own way.

I have seen some Civics that look really good, 17's, nice paint, etc., and I always comment to them that they have nice car. However, most of the rice fad is applied to worn out beater Civics (and others) with no sense of style, just follow the leader, monkey see monkey do.

1997 Mustang GT Convertible, 4.6L Auto, Autumn Orange w/Saddle Tan Top & Leather Interior, Styling Bar, 17 X 9 Polished Cobra R's on Nitto NT 555's, Ford Racing Bullitt Suspension package, Mac CAI, Steeda UDP's, Flowmaster 40 Series Catback, SCT X-Calibrator II, Zaino Shine, 7 time Show Winner, driven daily
Orange97GTVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 08:16 PM   #25
mustangII460
Factoy Five Roadster

Heres a oldtimers slant.

First off my definition of terms.

Rice= Any car made in japan.
Domestic= Any car made in America.
POS=Anything that I deem as a POS. To include usless sticers/wings/pipes,etc on any manufacturer foriegn or domestic.

I hate "Rice" because I have family that fought WW2. I don't buy any japan items if I can get around it. Imposible sometimes.

I dislike some "Domestic" cars because they are el'cheapo and should have never been sold to the public. IE: Aztec.

I hate "POS" (piece of crapola) cars that have a bunch of sticker/wings/light,etc on them. This can include either "Rice" or "Domestic" vehicles.

Crazy Huh?
Old 02-08-2005, 12:56 AM   #26
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangII460
Heres a oldtimers slant.

First off my definition of terms.

Rice= Any car made in japan.
Domestic= Any car made in America.
POS=Anything that I deem as a POS. To include usless sticers/wings/pipes,etc on any manufacturer foriegn or domestic.

I hate "Rice" because I have family that fought WW2. I don't buy any japan items if I can get around it. Imposible sometimes.

I dislike some "Domestic" cars because they are el'cheapo and should have never been sold to the public. IE: Aztec.

I hate "POS" (piece of crapola) cars that have a bunch of sticker/wings/light,etc on them. This can include either "Rice" or "Domestic" vehicles.

Crazy Huh?
crazy huh?, what, i didnt even say anything? lol, i just dont like any car with an annoying fart can muffler- or muffler's, a huge bull horn looking rear spoiler, etc, damn thing's are almost factory crap now - humm chevy cobalt???? , well, you all know the score just my .02.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 01:10 AM   #27
smokedchevy
Registered Member

Rice seems to be a lifestyle as is being a hardcore gearhead. You just have to respect what people like. I'd drop $2,000 in the blink of an eye for a sweet pair of cylinder heads while a bicycle enthusiast would say,"Man he could've bought a wicked carbon fiber bike. What a waste of money on car parts." Most stangs' can deal with rice out there. The good thing, they do help our dragstrips survive financially.
92 GT, 4:10 gears, centerforce clutch, 6# powerdyne blower, bbk h-pipe, flowmasters

65 Mustang 13.50 107mph 3000' ALt.

65 Falcon Straight Axle Drag Car
smokedchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 11:29 PM   #28
chrisallen
Registered Member

I don't really hate rice........I mean some of the cars are annoying and dont really serve any real purpose other than the driver trying to look cool. But, I have to say having lived near a mostly Hispanic neighborhood and seeing and listening to people talk about the import cars they used to have or have modded, it was more about taking cheap cars and making them as quick as they could for as little money as possible. I guess the old toyotas/nissans/datsuns....... or whatever else, is what they had, what they drove, and what they could mod. These were the cars though that would be unbelievable to see them go, surprising to the stoplight racer next to them, and unsuspecting to the Mustang, or Camaro that was at the track. The real imports werent about fancy wings, or having the biggest rims on there, and that is what I can understand. I dont understand the wanna be's whether its import or domestic "rice".
chrisallen is offline   Reply With Quote