View Single Post
Old 10-14-2002, 11:59 AM   #6
Mach 1
Registered Member

I think you digging too deep into this subject. Dont make more out of it than it is.

People have different opinions on what they like. Pretty simple. It doesnt get any more complicated than that.

Now some people might have a genuine disgust of something that turns their stomach (for me, its neon lights) while others might just want to jump on the bandwagon and hate neon lights because they think its cool to hate neon lights, while deep inside they really like neon lights and would have them on thier car if their buddies didnt say they were uncool.

These types arent true "car" guys and are just falling to peer pressure. If you cant tell the difference, then I can understand why you would ask this question in the first place.

There are people who have a true passion of cars and others who are just trying to be cool. Most of the time it seems that the "ricer" is one who is trying to be cool and doesnt have the desire to possess real knowledge about his ride or how it works mechanically.

Remember, "rice" is an attitude, not a reflection on the make of car you drive.

I guess 3 foot wings look like crap to most of us, and they are not functional in any way, so we would consider that a "rice" mod, the same goes with stickers and neon lights. To me they make the car ugly. There are many people who feel this way, and there are many that dont.

A "true" enthusiest is someone who would pass on the 3 foot wing and use that money elsewhere on the car, perhaps for an engine modification or something "tasteful".

Do you see the difference?

Maybe Im wrong, I dont really know, as I dont hang out at the tracks or autocross and dont see a lot of the cars out there. I just notice these types of cars on the streets and this is what I see.
RHC member #142
Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote