MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-30-2002, 04:48 PM   #1
mike_navigator
Registered Member

Default Why me

I have to go to school with a bunch of dumb-arses, they all say how great hondas are and how FAST they are and how MAD TIGHT OR HOT these cars are. But not to mention while this fad is in full steam here at my school CAMAROS are becoming cool with the guys here. They think the camaro is good looking EASY TO MODIFY not pricy and sounds really good. I guess im the only smart guy at my school because it seems only me and the girls(which is a good thing)at my school like mustangs. Today this kid told me that a camaro(93+) is lighter, better looking, faster, and better sounding also that they are easy and affordable to modify because they have a 10 time bigger aftermarket then the 5.0 mustang which i tried to explain imo is the biggest aftermarket car available. But he insisted that the camaro is better by telling me about camaros with the same engine driveline and all the same everything will beat a mustang with the same engine as the camaro. But i know well enough you can take a 305 5.0 slowmaro and take a 302 5.0 lx or gt and hand it it's but any day.
I have seen a modded trans am face a modded mustang(Tim C) and lose.

P.S. Damien drew wants to race ivan because ivan was talkin trash at him this is going to be a sight to see DREW IS GOING TO GET HIS BUT HANDED TO HIM
admin of
www.v8tec.com
mike_navigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2002, 06:30 PM   #2
silver_pilate
DURKA DURKA!!

Mike,

I feel for you, bud. You've gotta realize that these guys really have very little information to pull from. You, on the otherhand, have the wonderful resource of Mustangworks from which to glean wisdom .

You gotta get yourself some mods. The things that would help your cause the most are a higher stall converter, a Lentech valve body, some 3.73's, and few bolt on's. Then take one of those little piss-heads for a ride.

Oh, and a stick Fox will take a stick 305 any day of the week, imho.

--nathan
'91 GT, Coast 347, 9.5:1 compression, full intake, Wolverine 1087 cam, exhaust, Keith Craft ported Windsor Jr. Irons (235 cfm intake, 195 cfm exhaust), AOD, PI 3500 converter, Lentech valve body, 3.73's (4.10's in the works), and Yokohama ES100's out back.

Daily Car: '04 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6MT
silver_pilate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2002, 07:55 PM   #3
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

My answer? SCREW EM!!!

I used to get mad when I saw dumb kids running around thinking their cars are fast..but then I thought...let em! In fact I won't even waste my time racing them. Why even try? They will always make excuses anyway. I ljust et them enjoy their fantasies while I cruise along in my nice speedy V8

Ignorance is bliss.
Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2002, 02:05 AM   #4
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Hey Mike,

Sorry to hear you have a bunch of morons at school man. At least you know the deal.

I think Drew is going to get his Arse handed to him Saturday night. But you know Drew is going to accuse Ivan of spraying on him. Well Hell, I forgot Drew Sprays to. Dang. I wonder if they'll both be sprayin then.

Probably...Hmmmmm...Might be interesting.

2000 Perf Red Mustang GT. 5spd. Stage 2 CNC heads with Large Valves, Comp Cams (270-274 dur .550 lift), Forged Crank, DRP pistons, Manly H-beams, Pro M 87 mm Mass Air, 24lb Inj, 75mm TB, Plenum Spacer ,Long Tube Headers, Homemade H-pipe, 2 chamber Flows, 4:10's, Steeda Tri-Ax, LKW 70/30's, Eibach Drag Springs, Steeda SubFrames, Battle Boxes, Rear Girdle, Adj uppers, Alunimum Drshft, Southside Lift Bars.

Project Cars, 64 1/2 6cyl coupe, 1930 Model A Nostalgia Rod.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2002, 11:35 AM   #5
OnMy3rdStang
Registered Member

To me I dont care if you have a camaro t/a or mustang. But dont talk all s*** if it is all stock. Stock sucks but you cant get through the thick skulls of GM fans so I dont bother I'll just show him up in front of all his friends and then stand by to hear his lame excuses for losing. ( such as, Imissed 3rd or my tires spun too much BS!!)

It can be very irritating especially with the ricers I have only seen ONE ricer worthy of my second glance and it was a 94-96 honda civic 2 door Turbocharged 4 cylinder

I chose not to waste my time arguing over whos car is faster. Lets see Camaro, T/A, Vette, Mustang against a ricer.....OOOOOOHHH thats a hard one but yeat they insist they are faster and can beat you by 5 car lengths GGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!! OK I'm done LOL
Old 01-31-2002, 04:47 PM   #6
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

First you take a baseball bat, put some nails in it, then come here little Civic

BAM....SMASH....stupid peice of.....CRASH...$***.........WHAM......slow *** ......KABLAM...ricer

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2002, 06:57 PM   #7
mike_navigator
Registered Member

Default Well

Yesterday was a good day i met this girl who likes stangs because her sister has a supercharged 98 GT. She had some interesting things to say about ricers. But today wasnt as lucky, when i was in my health class i was talking to this kid who i though liked american cars liked the saleen S7 so i had my 5.0 mag and had a saleen on it he asked me if that was the saleen ferrari WTF is a saleen ferrari but i dont get is he calls the sallen s7 a ferrari is there something that im missing but isnt the s7 an american car made by saleen not ferrari. and i was also told today that muscle cars suck and hondas are FAST. WTF is wrong with the youth today.

mike
admin of
www.v8tec.com
Old 02-01-2002, 07:31 PM   #8
MidNiteBlu 5.0
I got something to say

The Saleen S7 is a American supercar handbuilt by Saleen in Irvine California. It has a 427 that makes like 700 horspower i believe. There are lots of ricers at my school too that think they are much faster than my car. I am 17 and have never even glanced at a ricer thinking it is fast. Maybe because i grew up in a Mustang household. Dad used to have a 66 GT coupe 289 now has a 69 Mach 1 428 and a 66 fastback project. Anyobody ever raced an Integra GSR? Someone at work has one that is all stock and thinks his car is faster. I think it is a 98.

Later,
Nick
1987 Toyota Pickup
Ricer Haters Club Member #33

Want a custom gauge cluster for your Vintage Mustang?
www.jmeenterprises.com
MidNiteBlu 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2002, 07:47 PM   #9
mike_navigator
Registered Member

Default GSR

They are extremely slow slower than the Type-R you should be able to put alot of car lengths come on my stock mustang has taken out every integra i have ran in to and mine is an automatic.
Quote:
You gotta get yourself some mods. The things that would help your cause the most are a higher stall converter, a Lentech valve body, some 3.73's, and few bolt on's. Then take one of those little piss-heads for a ride.
To that i say i am saving up to get gears, exhaust, stall converter, torque converter, a lentech shift kit and valve body, trickflow intake and to top it off a tdc stage 2 tt kit
admin of
www.v8tec.com
Old 02-01-2002, 09:09 PM   #10
silver_pilate
DURKA DURKA!!

Quote:
To that i say i am saving up to get gears, exhaust, stall converter, torque converter, a lentech shift kit and valve body, trickflow intake and to top it off a tdc stage 2 tt kit
And to that I say....Hell Yeah!!

--nathan
'91 GT, Coast 347, 9.5:1 compression, full intake, Wolverine 1087 cam, exhaust, Keith Craft ported Windsor Jr. Irons (235 cfm intake, 195 cfm exhaust), AOD, PI 3500 converter, Lentech valve body, 3.73's (4.10's in the works), and Yokohama ES100's out back.

Daily Car: '04 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6MT
silver_pilate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2002, 09:42 AM   #11
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

First of all, when you actully talk to them, they don't know much about cars. The have seen what is suppost to be cool and try to imitate it. Everyone they talk to and everything they read tells them Honda's are better. They just don't know any better. A good *** kickin by about 5 car lenghts ususally shuts them up. Here's a little tip, bet em some money on a race and 95% of them back down. And the other 5%, easy money

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote