MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-15-2002, 03:12 PM   #1
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

Default Why are Ricers so stupid?

Well I'm not sure if any of you recall me getting busted by my dad going to race a CRX last week (Wednesday night) anyway I went for coffee with my good friend (Who is becoming a Mechanic for Honda Pretty ironic ehh...) anyway, we walk by these guys who have there engine poped on there "stock civic" and looking and ****, I laugh to myself and my friend and walk by. My budy isn't about ricing cars, he has a good amount of knowledge on cars and knows a fair amount of real performance on these Honda's. Anyway we talk around for abit then walk back I go to the guy and ask him if he remembers me he didn't at first but then he did and then the conversation went like this.

Me : I will still race you I just had got caught that night
Ricer : In your black car (The t-bird he is speaking of)
Me : No in my Mustang, the t-bird is my dad the stang is mine.
Ricer : What kinda Mustang
Me : Mach 1
Ricer : <- Looked like this for 30 seconds
Ricer : What kind of engine you have?
Me : Pretty much stock just a few little things done to it really
Ricer : How much power?
Me : Not sure I havn't dyno'd it yet. (Note : I'm going to get it Dyno'd hopefully this weekend I'm hoping for around 300 at the wheels maybe abit more after rebuilding the carb, and new intake and ignition)
Ricer : ohh...
Me : What do you have?
Ricer : Well it super charged
Me : Ok...

anyway he walks away cause a friend called him and comes back and he's like you want to race for moeny. And I tell him sure I'm not afraid, he's like ok we'll race for $1000 I said that is perfectly fine with me. Now I can see he is worried if I'm willing to race for $1000 bucks. Then I ask him what his CRX runs and he's like 11.8 and he has stock rims on this thing, and I'm ask him on those tires and he explains his other tires. I havn't believed one thing this guy has said. But then he says he'll race me in his 5.0L at home and I'm like ok. He's like it runs 9.8 1/4 at 142mph (BU||****) and that was without "NAWWWWSSS". I ask him what's been done to it (I know enough about stangs that I can't be bs'd) and he's like to much to it. So now i know he's totally bsing me. Anyway I look at his car abit and he's got the monster tach and a sound system but this thing looks stock otherwise (and a fart tip) so I ask him how many lbs of boost he is running and he's like there is no boost, and I'm like I thought it was super charged he is like it is, and I'm like your super charger puts out boost, and he's like ohh and walks away. Now I look at my friend and he knows I've put this guy down so we look over his car, no boost gauge or anything. stock hood nothing looks like it's been done to this car, we waited around abit waiting to see if he'd start his car but he never did. I know I will meet up with him once I get the stang back Friday. He said he's always in the parking lot. This guy obviously knows nothing about cars. And then this other guy asks me if I like his car and I said no I don't, and he's like why I say cause it's not fast and we get in to it about Mustangs and after I prove his unknowledged rice *** that he knows **** about anything he walks away too. I just laugh and tell the guy I'll be back and you better be ready. I know he won't race for money once he see's my car but I know I'll make an *** of his sorry ***.

Why are ricers so friggen stupid? I mean there putting a bad name out for people my age. Anyway, I will have a new intake, ignition and have the carb rebuilt and setup and everything perfect so I'm not afraid. My buddy was going to ask the mechanics at Honda if you need a new hood if you add a super charger to a CRX or if you change the engine to a GSR engine. It's a pitty I'm going to have to steam cook this rice....

§am.
This was alittle bit of a vent,

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2002, 03:20 PM   #2
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Lol.....Quick picking on the lame *** rice boys. I own a suped up CRX I have put a grip of cash into it mostly performance mods.............and it is slow, it runs about the same as a stock auto 96 4.6 stang.
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2002, 03:24 PM   #3
The Deuce
Registered Member

I would guess those guys are considered knowledgable to their friends. I know way more than mosto of the people I hang out with. I think I'm hanging out with the wrong people, because I don't know squat.

Take the Mach out there, and make him run. Get a video of it too, this should be funny.

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2002, 03:36 PM   #4
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Thumbs down Ricer irrationality

Sam:

There have always been guys like this, only they used to drive near-stock Camaros and such , have a loud exhaust sytem and big rear tires - with a stock engine. Now they drive riced-out Honda's with a fart tip and 18" tires.

They don't know anything about cars and B.S. each other to death. When they meet someone who actually knows anything - at all, they attempt to bluff their way through it: ("I'll race you for $1,000." - Yeah, right). These guys used to be called losers. I guess they still are, in their 11 second stock Civic. Gimme a break.

Teen nerds with riced out Japanese econoboxes aren't worth talking too, much less racing. The guy you challenged is a doof with a stock car. Don't waste any time or gas on him. I wouldn't.
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2002, 03:47 PM   #5
95mustanggt
Registered Member

I don't know if I'd waste my time on these guys. Sometimes it's not worth the trouble. Challenge them to a race at the track.

Ricers are stupid because they have only 1/2 a brain, the result of watching too many cartoons and playing too much Nintendo when they were young. (Plus there mothers probably did drugs before they were born )

20016 F150 Lariat Super Crew
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2002, 03:49 PM   #6
inferno
The Instigator

You don't neccesarily need an aftermarket hood if you put a gsr motor and a supercharger in a CRX....I say if he is willing to put 1000 bucks on the line, it means one of two things. 1. He is very confident that he will beat you easily or 2. He is all talk and was hoping you would back out with the stakes being so high. I suggest you get a friend of yours to race him on the highway and kinda gauge the performance of this vehicle before you have your race. I'll tell you this, a JRSC GSR motor in a CRX should be good for mid 13's provided the guy is a decent driver and he is telling the truth about having a supercharger and a GSR motor. Oh, and Dark_5.0, you have a lightly modded SOHC vtec motor that is probably making with the mods we talked about before 120whp max....for that little bit of power, keeping up with a car that is probably making around 190 to the ground is respectable.
Old 08-15-2002, 04:18 PM   #7
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

I agree, Inferno.............FYI-My rice rocket is a 1.5L block with a 98 civic SOHC V-tec head, Ported stock intake and TB. Header, 2 1/4 inch exhaust all the way back with no cat.

The V-tec head gave it 11 to 1 compression, So now I have to put super unleaded in a 15 second car

I bought the car for my girlfriend and she likes it........Thats all that matters

Later.
Old 08-15-2002, 04:29 PM   #8
1969Mach1

Quote:
Originally posted by inferno
You don't neccesarily need an aftermarket hood if you put a gsr motor and a supercharger in a CRX....I say if he is willing to put 1000 bucks on the line, it means one of two things. 1. He is very confident that he will beat you easily or 2. He is all talk and was hoping you would back out with the stakes being so high. I suggest you get a friend of yours to race him on the highway and kinda gauge the performance of this vehicle before you have your race. I'll tell you this, a JRSC GSR motor in a CRX should be good for mid 13's provided the guy is a decent driver and he is telling the truth about having a supercharger and a GSR motor. Oh, and Dark_5.0, you have a lightly modded SOHC vtec motor that is probably making with the mods we talked about before 120whp max....for that little bit of power, keeping up with a car that is probably making around 190 to the ground is respectable.
True but 11.8? Considering he didn't even know how much boost he had let alone what it was? and I seen him take off the other night and the t-bird was on his *** so fast and I had to brake from hitting him. Either way I don't think his 5.0L is running 9.8 at 142mph. Especially on his lack of knowledge on cars. I know I shouldn't waste my time on this guy but I gotta make this guy look like an idiot to prove riced out cars are peices of ****. And I will be taping it if it happens don't worry.

§am.

302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made

Old 08-15-2002, 04:30 PM   #9
Mr 5 0

Sam/Inferno:

Sorry to jump in here again but I can't stand to see some rice-boy being given credence in this situation.

Any guy driving a Civic that appears stock with no boost gauge and stock rubber that first; says he'll race you with his '11-second' Honda for $1,000. then, when you agree, says he'll go home and get his 9-second Mustang 5.0 instead is clearly a stone phoney and a very transparent one, at that.

Yeah, this guy has eleven and nine second cars sitting around and he has a thousand dollars to bet, probably stuffed under the front seat with his mangas. Please.

Sorry. This is just ricer fantasy-land as Sam related it. Typical clueless rice boy outed on his stock car and almost total lack of knowledge of anything automotive. Guys with nine and eleven-second cars know about boost, trust me.

He has a stock Honda, there is no 5.0 'at home' and he wouldn't have a thousand dollars to bet with unless he sold his pathetic ricemobile and saved his allowance for a few years. Just a sad, deluded little boy with a few numbers he read in magazines that he throws around and no earthly clue as to what it would take to get a 4-holer grocery-getter to the 11's much less a 5.0 into the nines..

Sam, please, ignore this guy.
Old 08-15-2002, 04:57 PM   #10
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Mr 5.0 just totaly destroyed that pathetic ricer boy. The ricer just got ........................

Old 08-15-2002, 05:51 PM   #11
Shelby428cj
Registered Member

HAAHAA great story Sam.... Can't wait till you get the mach back and I disagree with the guys, if he comes up wantin to race, smoke his arse!!!
See ya,
Karen
1969 Mustang (Project Rice Eater)
1999 Silver Mustang Saleen S281 (SQ car for stereo contests)
SQ Goddess
My Stereo Bro "tireburner163"
Shelby428cj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2002, 07:05 PM   #12
inferno
The Instigator

I agree that the guy is more than likely a poser, but I would just be a little safe to make sure. It would be bad if he is thinking that this guy is going to be a push over and ends up getting his doors blown off by a stock looking car...i've seen stock looking cars that had a lot of mods kill over confident people before(I have been a victim too).
Old 08-15-2002, 07:45 PM   #13
Mr 5 0

Smile Rice dissembling

Induction:

I hear what you're saying and I would agree, but it's really not hard to spot a modified car...even an import.

Lack of gauges, especially a boost gauge on a supposedly supercharged/turbocharged car is a dead giveaway as is stance and rubber. Any 11-second import car is going to be rather obvious in many aspects. A normally 17-second Honda that now has been modified to run 11's will not look like a stock Honda no matter how hard you attempt to hide it's power. The interior would have a roll bar, full gagues (aftermarket of course), a hefty shifter and other noticable extras.

It's O.K. to try and have a friend 'test run' the Honda on the highway (I doubt riceboy will even try to run) but my point is that this dude is a 100% poser and I hate to see Sam (or any Mustanger) waste too much time, gas or thought on him. His ridiculous statements 'out' him as a BS'ing, stupid ricer with no clue about anything. Anyway; I'm sure riceboy will never, ever actually race Sam's 'Stang. If he does, expect a hilarious blowout as the 'Stang leaves Honda-boy about 25 car-lenghts behind.
Old 08-16-2002, 02:41 PM   #14
inferno
The Instigator

Question ?????

Induction made a reply in this thread???
Old 08-16-2002, 07:15 PM   #15
Mr 5 0

Red face Whats in a name?

Inferno:

No, you did - and I replied to it - but I got the (similar) names mixed up. I apologize.
Old 08-16-2002, 07:58 PM   #16
induction
The Brit!

Holy crap'n my chonies bat man!!! whew... I thought I was cloaned
April Mare of the Month RiceHatersClub Member #27
induction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2002, 11:00 PM   #17
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

off subject but, is this a new ricer thing, i saw a rice truck tonight with neon headlight, gaurd's, , it looked so stupid, but i had fun coming home an altima kept riding my a--, so i moved over a lane , let him get even, revved, he took off, then, i burned him, after i let off, he did his flyby, heheh.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2002, 11:44 PM   #18
1969Mach1

Well I have some confession to make, I was behind my friend's celebrity tonight going to this town (read my other post about ricers not being so bad lol) and he is at the lights beside a Caviliar. For some reason they decide to race, I just watch and laugh, anyway I decide to catch up abit and still watching the cav lets off I just open it all the way up, I passed my buddy and I looked at my needle and I was doing about 130mph or so I figure, my spedo goes upto 120mph and it was abit past. It was quite the flyby but my friend said it was pretty cool considernig he was going like 140 and I passed him standing still. hehehe then him and the cav did a fly by me once I slowed it down. My car is very unstable at 120-130mph. Everything starts to shake. lol Blast these old cars. hehehe... I gotten titen everything down that I can find. hehe

§am.

302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made

Old 08-20-2002, 11:10 AM   #19
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

1969Mach1 what mods do you have to get 300rwhp....that's 350hp at the fly wheel. You motor only has like 225 net hp at the fly wheel stock. What mods do you have to add 125hp?

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2002, 11:29 AM   #20
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

Sam, you're going to make about 200 RWHP at the very most. You will most likely make about 185 rwhp. Your 1969 351W 4v came with 290 Bhp stock, which is around 230-235 NET hp at the flywheel. What kind of intake are you getting? And you're rebuilding the stock carburetor or is it an aftermarket one? With just those 2 mods (do you have any others?) you're not going to get a whole lot of improvement.

I have many, many more mods than you do and I'd be lucky if I was making 230 RWHP, not to mention 300!!!!!

And 2nd, 140 mph? I think you and your friend's speedos are whack. It would have taken your car FOREVER to reach a speed like that--over a mile. And you did this in town, from a stoplight, with other traffic? Hmmmmm.......
6T9PONY is offline   Reply With Quote