View Single Post
Old 12-30-2007, 05:44 PM   #4
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Default Re: Wow. Looking Back, I was an idiot.

Everything changes, especially people. I'm not exactly the same person I was seven years ago, either. Situations change; we graduate from school, get jobs, change jobs, marry, divorce, have kids, etc. and naturally, our priorities change, too. I was heavily into Mustangs seven years ago. I loved reading about them and posting information on how to tweak a (then) late-model (Fox body) Mustang V-8. Today, I have many great memories of driving, racing and working on my '90 Mustang but I no longer own it (sold in May, 2005) and I'm out of the loop as far as the current iteration of Mustangs goes. My priorities have changed and my passion for fast cars has dampened a bit, although I still admire fast cars and wouldn't turn down a free 2008 Mustang, if offered.

So, Mercury, don't be embarrassed about your old posts. We all posted stuff that probably seems stupid, today. We've changed and hopefully, matured a bit. The old Ford-Chevy rivalry got intense for some but like anything, that intensity could not be sustained...and it hasn't. Life goes on and what was important to us in 2000 is a yawn, now. Thus it ever was.