MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 12-24-2007, 10:18 PM   #1
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Default Wow. Looking Back, I was an idiot.

Wow, I was just looking back at a few of my old posts and I came to the conclusion that I was a total idiot.

That was also like 7 years ago, and things change, but damn was I annouying. So were some other people, but I had some pretty stupid posts and replies. I went total retard on the whole LS-1 thing.

Well, here is to a new Mercury that has a diffrent kind of stupid Posting habit.

2000 Perf Red Mustang GT. 5spd. Stage 2 CNC heads with Large Valves, Comp Cams (270-274 dur .550 lift), Forged Crank, DRP pistons, Manly H-beams, Pro M 87 mm Mass Air, 24lb Inj, 75mm TB, Plenum Spacer ,Long Tube Headers, Homemade H-pipe, 2 chamber Flows, 4:10's, Steeda Tri-Ax, LKW 70/30's, Eibach Drag Springs, Steeda SubFrames, Battle Boxes, Rear Girdle, Adj uppers, Alunimum Drshft, Southside Lift Bars.

Project Cars, 64 1/2 6cyl coupe, 1930 Model A Nostalgia Rod.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 03:02 AM   #2
bmxmon
Registered Member

Default Re: Wow. Looking Back, I was an idiot.

Haha, dont worry, looking back into old forums I had posted on when I first started this adventure into the musclecar world I didnt know the difference between a supercharger and a turbocharger! Live and learn eh?!
Old 12-26-2007, 12:08 AM   #3
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
Wow, I was just looking back at a few of my old posts and I came to the conclusion that I was a total idiot.

That was also like 7 years ago, and things change, but damn was I annouying. So were some other people, but I had some pretty stupid posts and replies. I went total retard on the whole LS-1 thing.

Well, here is to a new Mercury that has a diffrent kind of stupid Posting habit.
It's the opposite for me, haha. I don't know anything about Mustangs anymore. That said, at least I think I'm a little more relaxed
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 05:44 PM   #4
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Everything changes, especially people. I'm not exactly the same person I was seven years ago, either. Situations change; we graduate from school, get jobs, change jobs, marry, divorce, have kids, etc. and naturally, our priorities change, too. I was heavily into Mustangs seven years ago. I loved reading about them and posting information on how to tweak a (then) late-model (Fox body) Mustang V-8. Today, I have many great memories of driving, racing and working on my '90 Mustang but I no longer own it (sold in May, 2005) and I'm out of the loop as far as the current iteration of Mustangs goes. My priorities have changed and my passion for fast cars has dampened a bit, although I still admire fast cars and wouldn't turn down a free 2008 Mustang, if offered.

So, Mercury, don't be embarrassed about your old posts. We all posted stuff that probably seems stupid, today. We've changed and hopefully, matured a bit. The old Ford-Chevy rivalry got intense for some but like anything, that intensity could not be sustained...and it hasn't. Life goes on and what was important to us in 2000 is a yawn, now. Thus it ever was.
Old 01-04-2008, 02:45 AM   #5
TXinPA
Registered Member

Seven years was a long time ago... I'll have to look back and see what I was doing then. (probably making a mess)
TXinPA is offline   Reply With Quote