MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 01:26 AM   #1
green lx
Registered Member

Default Wow! what happened to Mustangworks?

i've been a member since 96 or 97 (lost that login long ago). had a 5.0 and couldn't wait to get mm&ff to read the mail and ask Bernie and then i found Mustangworks, i was in awe! new to the internet and computers and became hooked on mustangworks, then corral, then original member of stangnet. stangnet was funny, there was the owner and about 5 or 6 others and we used to chat on their chat program while the site was getting squared away.

now i come back and just happen to remember my old log in named after my old 92 dark emerald green lx and nobody is here. mr. 5.0 was everywhere here and now i see he hasn't visited in months.

hope this site picks up, because it started it all for this young guy with a bolt on car who learned how to rebuild motors, supercharge, turbocharge, nitrous, etc... all from the internet and it all started here.

guess the 5.0's are dying! where are the days when we pitied the poor modular guy?

oh well, i still have 3 5.0's in my stable, including a 10sec turbo car and 1 h/c/i 95 and a bone stock 94 5.0
Old 01-06-2009, 07:00 PM   #2
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Default Re: Wow! what happened to Mustangworks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by green lx View Post
i've been a member since 96 or 97 (lost that login long ago). had a 5.0 and couldn't wait to get mm&ff to read the mail and ask Bernie and then i found Mustangworks, i was in awe! new to the internet and computers and became hooked on mustangworks, then corral, then original member of stangnet. stangnet was funny, there was the owner and about 5 or 6 others and we used to chat on their chat program while the site was getting squared away.

now i come back and just happen to remember my old log in named after my old 92 dark emerald green lx and nobody is here. mr. 5.0 was everywhere here and now i see he hasn't visited in months.

hope this site picks up, because it started it all for this young guy with a bolt on car who learned how to rebuild motors, supercharge, turbocharge, nitrous, etc... all from the internet and it all started here.

guess the 5.0's are dying! where are the days when we pitied the poor modular guy?

oh well, i still have 3 5.0's in my stable, including a 10sec turbo car and 1 h/c/i 95 and a bone stock 94 5.0
Lotta changes here, eh?
Old 01-11-2009, 07:12 PM   #3
srv1
Get down.....

Cool Re: Wow! what happened to Mustangworks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unit 5302 View Post
Lotta changes here, eh?
I thought you "GAVE UP" on this place?

James
Old 01-12-2009, 02:19 PM   #4
StangFlyer
Founder

Hi Green LX,

Nice to have you back!

The website as a whole still has a fairly decent amount of monthly traffic. The forums have suffered for some time, however. I have not had the ability for a long time to put too much into working with them or rebuilding post activity. My career and other things in life took my focus away from MW several years ago and the forums have floundered since.

I did do a drastic redesign on the site (as you can see) about a year ago, but I have not been able to put too much more into it since. We're really lacking a dedicated moderator crew to be highly involved with the forums and get activity going again. I say a couple times a year I'm going to get back to MW and revitalize things, but then it gets lost in all the other demands I have on me these days...

Any ways, yeah Unit... what's your a$$ doing here?
Media Center Gallery - View my member photos
Old 01-16-2009, 07:31 PM   #5
Unit 5302
Registered Member

I still pass by the forums once or twice a month or something. It all depends on what else I'm taking care of online.

Every once in a while I'm even able to answer a tech question or two, but my knowledge about the current aftermarket is pretty limited.

It's been a decade since I signed up here, and over 5 years since I've even owned a Mustang, haha. I guess the knowledge begins to slip away a little
Old 02-16-2009, 11:48 AM   #6
Blue88
Registered Member

Things change over time. I'm in the same boat. My priorities have changed. I still own my '88 but haven't done any work on it for a long time. This must be my first post in years.

I remember Stangnet in it's infancy. Here's another blast from the past - anyone else remember the MuscleStang BB?
Old 02-23-2009, 01:53 AM   #7
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue88 View Post
Things change over time. I'm in the same boat. My priorities have changed. I still own my '88 but haven't done any work on it for a long time. This must be my first post in years.

I remember Stangnet in it's infancy. Here's another blast from the past - anyone else remember the MuscleStang BB?
Corral
Mustangnet
Mustangworks
Stangnet

Those were really the only sites I remember/spent time on.
Old 04-26-2009, 02:21 AM   #8
red82gt
Sober voice of Reason

Wow, this thread brings back memories!
Old 04-30-2009, 06:29 PM   #9
DeltaMustang65
Knuckle-Basher

Yeah, this board has been dead for some time. Which is sad, because I've been doing some big projects lately.

http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w277/deltamustang65/

If Nissan Motorsports = NISMO, wouldn't Honda Motorsports = HOMO?
Old 05-24-2009, 08:38 PM   #10
moc
Registered Member

I'am here .lol what movie was that from ? It's okay now .
05/04/09
(Hangar Queen)
SMOKEM UP
Old 05-24-2009, 08:50 PM   #11
moc
Registered Member

Green LX ,how you doing ,you tha man ,keep working on them stangs ,like you sapose too .glad to see ya .
05/04/09
(Hangar Queen)
SMOKEM UP
Old 06-16-2009, 10:22 PM   #12
nastyn8
Smokes The Dope

Yeah wow! I haven't been on here in at least 4 years.
Old 06-24-2009, 03:21 PM   #13
btr
Registered Member

Yea, this is the first time in a while I've checked back. Hang out mostly at Stangnet.
99 Sable 24V DOHC
Old 06-25-2009, 05:40 PM   #14
nastyn8
Smokes The Dope

My hobbies have changed over the years
Old 06-26-2009, 07:29 AM   #15
USMC GT
2002 GT

Well I have a 2002 GT. I was lookin for a good site to hang out at cause Im tryin to build my car up. I was in the other programs, and I couldnt find anybody to talk to. This site seemed the best. Its slow at times yes, but it works for me. I guess its where I claim to have started to. I have pretty much all bolt-ons on my car. Except headers. I have been told they dont do much for the money. Im currently deployed, and my wife has took my car to the shop a few times. I cant wait to get home and drive it. Anyway, PIECE!!!
Old 07-15-2009, 04:43 PM   #16
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

I still check in a few times a year. Like everyone else from the 'old days' (I joined in '97) my life changed - and no longer included Mustangs.

I sold my near-stock '90 LX in 2005 (for $3,000.) I owned it for 15 years and put 125,000 very enjoyable miles on it with no real problems. The guy who bought it said he wanted to 'restore' it. I think he was serious and had the bucks to do it. Unfortunately, I never heard from him again (he lived 40 miles away).

I also got tired of the political arguments that took up so much of my time. My views haven't changed but I came to the realization that bickering on the internet over political differences is mostly a waste of time. Besides, I was usually outnumbered by the 'liberals', which became discouraging. I had many furious arguments and believe I held my own but today, I can't remember any of them.

Today, I have other interests and feel my time on the internet is better used elsewhere. Besides, like Kell (Unit 5302) I've been away from Mustangs a long time. The 5.0 hasn't been manufactured for 15 years so I have little to offer on these message boards anymore.

Still, I enjoyed writing my many, many posts and the time I spent here; from advising folks on 5.0 stuff to the heated 'discussions' about politics that too often ended in name-calling, some of which came from me. Dan McCain (whom I've never met) was always a friend to me but the stresses of moderating a political board while holding opinions mostly contrary to the majority that were posting just became impossible - and I bailed - abruptly. I felt I had no other choice but on hindsight (it's been many years) I wish I'd done it a bit differently.

Thanks to those who remember me and good luck to Dan and the 'newbies' just entering the world of Mustang performance - and looking to make thier 'Stangs even better.

Mr. 5.0
Old 07-22-2009, 06:50 PM   #17
mustangII460
Factoy Five Roadster

I still check in, although I havn't signed in and posted.

Redid my EFI into Webers on the Cobra last year

Next project, Elder Bronc.
Old 09-06-2009, 06:43 AM   #18
red
Registered Member

Funny to read how "free time" for mustangs has been eaten up over the last few years. I got married 5 years ago and have had a house for 4 years. Not much time left for turning wrenches, with the exception of rebuilding the carb on my lawnmower this weekend! I have managed to keep my '65 on the road and still drive it to work on nice days. Have not done anything to the '95 in a few years, except pull the mouse nest out of the intake after last winter.

red
Old 09-06-2009, 03:42 PM   #19
StangFlyer
Founder

My Mustang has been sitting on jack stands for four years after receiving some minor front end damage. Besides getting that repaired, it needs the motor pulled, a basic go through, and the shinny new dual disc clutch I had purchased almost 2 years ago put in it to finally take care of ever plaguing clutch issues since the 377 build years ago. Then, put all back together. I've been saying for two years I'm going to start it, but that just hasn't happened to date. My ambition around everything else just hasn't been there. *sigh*

These days I manage IT for a global software company based in California, although I am based in the Detroit area. So, I'm out in the bay area every couple months. Since the beginning of the year I've been out there four three, in our TN office, in our new location in Belgium, and I've been to London. Now I'll be back in Cali in a couple weeks and then in Japan for two weeks in October. After the first of next year I'll probably be in India for a while.

Around the craziness of the career during the week my wife and I have other projects currently, so there's not a lot of time for wrenching... or rather, what extra weekend time I do get goes to her trying to make up for the loss of time during the week and frankly going brain dead with no lack of ambition towards doing anything with the Mustang. I hadn't even done any jumping (skydiving) for over 3 months this season until yesterday when I finally got out over the holiday weekend.
Media Center Gallery - View my member photos
Old 09-15-2009, 02:13 AM   #20
shelleysGT
Registered Member

Thumbs up Re: Wow! what happened to Mustangworks?

I haven't been on in a little over 4 years myself. It is very different but I'm looking forward to being on here again...
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: