MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-10-2001, 07:08 AM   #1
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

Post was in a wreck last night

I was coming home from my girlfriends house last night. I was going around a courner and my left wheel was on the yellow line. A car came around the courner and I corected. The rear end started to come around and I, like and idiot, hit the brakes. This caused the rear to come around even more. I steared into it until I hit lock, this stoped me from going all the way around. I slid sideways down the road for about 25 feet and took a mailbox out the game. I messed up the driver's side door, but that's about it. I'll get my friend's digital camera after work and take some pics and post them this afternoon.

------------------
1990 Dodge Dynasty with 275,000 miles. Mods:chiped paint, CD player. Sucks but it was free. Praying for a stang.
The "Guetto Glider"

If it ain't broke, you ain't tryin hard enough
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2001, 07:58 AM   #2
Stefan
Registered Member

Thumbs down

Ouch. Atleast no one was hurt.

Brett

------------------
66 Tahoe Turquoise Coupe
Laser Red 96GT Ragtop
30 Years & 30 inches apart in the driveway!
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2001, 12:04 PM   #3
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

At least your okay. Someone I was in Automotive technologies with just died yesterday in a car crash. The guy thought he was the best mechanic there was, he was far from it. We all talked trash to one another, but now I feel kinda bad about it.

Glad that your okay there TireBurner. Thats one hell of a way to play mailbox baseball.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2001, 12:32 PM   #4
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Sorry to hear that, man... good thing you're ok! The car can be fixed!! Good luck!

------------------
Joe! 1988 GT, 167,000 miles!!! 13.58@105mph Check out my listing! Click here! Or my website:www.joe4speed.com
99 Ninja ZX-6R:10.32@135mph!
1993 Olds Eighty Eight LSS 16.40@88.8mph
joe4speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2001, 02:01 PM   #5
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

"Thats one hell of a way to play mailbox baseball..."

In Texas we play mailbox Ropin'.....

Yes, even I was a kid once...

Don't even get me started about the bottle rockets in the back of an old F-150....
or the malfunctioning potato gun...
(Other stories altogether...)

------------------
"The Yellowjacket"
381.8 rwhp 377.6 rwtq

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups."
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2001, 03:00 PM   #6
84LX89GT
Mustangs

that sucks tireburner. This was in the dynasty, right? At least no fords were injured during this accident....just kidding, the important thing is you didn't slide into another car, get a ticket, get stuck in a ditch, and most importantly get hurt. My first car i slid sideways into a ditch after hitting the brakes (which like in your case caused the rear end to come around). It's taken me years of training in the art of reckless driving to now have a correctional action that can help, but i panicked the first time (after that i actually PRACTICED driving and losing control in parking lots and deserted roads). I found the best way to learn how to correct your car in emergency situations is to practice in the snow, it's alot easier to simulate losing control, when you can do it on every try (whereas when it's dry sometimes the car won't lose control). Anyways, things could've been ALOT worse, my first car got totalled. Let me tell 'ya Honda Preludes are goddam tin cans, body was twisted and smashed horribly from a 25 mph journey into a ditch, Not even head on either. Well, i hope this doesn't hinder your chances at getting a 'stang! Glad to hear you're all right.

------------------
previous name: 84stangLX
'84 Mustang 5.0 LX
my LX
'89 Mustang GT
my GT

84LX89GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2001, 10:12 PM   #7
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

actully I was in my mom's Taurus. the trans in my car died. and sorry no pics today i'll get them tommorow morning

------------------
1990 Dodge Dynasty with 275,000 miles. Mods:chiped paint, CD player. Sucks but it was free. Praying for a stang.
The "Guetto Glider"

If it ain't broke, you ain't tryin hard enough
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote