MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-22-2001, 09:45 AM   #1
Motorhead302
Registered Member

Unhappy RE: I wrecked my car last night!

I wasn't really going to mention this, but I was on, and I read joey50gt's post, so I decided to tell the story. Here goes:

I can identify, although mine was just a little worse:

On the morning of Saturday, July 30, I was coming home around 6 AM, and having been up since 4 AM Friday morning, I fell asleep at the wheel and hit a pole. I was doing around 35, I'm pretty sure, and took the pole down and destroyed the front of the car. The impact from the pole woke me up and I narrowly avoided hitting a tree head on while still doing 25. As it was, the driver's side front fender, door, and half of the rear quarter scraped along the tree, and were pretty trashed as well. My only injuries were a sore knee and a seat belt burn on my neck, but unfortunately the car was a total loss. Both airbags were popped, and the radiator was touching the crank pulley. The repair estimate was a touch over $13,000.
The worst part was that I wasn't in my car, I was in my fiancee's yellow '99 V6 'stang. She didn't stop crying for about 4 hours after I told her. But, on the upside, she already received the check for $15,197.50, and has a '01 V6 with more options than the '99 had, but it still feels like my favorite dog died or something. Even I get a little choked up when I think about destroying her beloved car, but at least life will go on.

------------------
95 GT, Pulleys, headers, off road, 3.55's, Tremec 3550, Cobra Clutch 14.4's @ 96mph before exhaust. Visit my homepage
95 Mustang GT: $13,000. Heads, Cam, Intake, etc:$3,000. Incon Twin Turbos: $3,500. Seeing the look on that Porsche owner's face at the next light: pricless.
Motorhead302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2001, 11:09 PM   #2
Mustanguy

Cool

I'm very happy to see you weren't killed,so many people get into these types of accidents.

In May we had a high school student going to school early in the morning,that morning was like every other morning,except there was thick fog.Welp,he was driving along,and before he could react,he hit a grain truck that was backing out of a driveway and was killed instantly.

At such a young age

------------------

Paxton Blown 87GT
Old 07-23-2001, 10:24 AM   #3
jimberg
Registered Member

It's a good thing you were wearing your seatbelt. Being asleep also helps reduce injuries. Your muscles are all relaxed and don't tense up before the crash. That, unfortunately, is why drunk drivers usually survive a crash even though the person they hit, don't.

I've never crashed from sleeping, but those warning grooves they put on the side of the road in Wisconsin sure have saved my life.

------------------
351W 89 Mustang GT Convertible
jimberg is offline   Reply With Quote