View Single Post
Old 01-17-2002, 01:31 PM   #7
Capri306

Okay, I'm going to agree with the rest of the gang here. Girls LOVE attention, just like any other human beings. If you can't give her the attention she needs, I suggest you evaluate your relationship with her and move along if it's not worth it. Having a relationship is a system of costs and rewards. The cost of nearly any normal relationship is time & attention. I'd think if you've been with this chick this long that you'd be flattered that she still wants your attention. Most girls just go out and find it elsewhere without a word; my guess is that she really digs you for letting you know what's up.

Quote:
I shouldn't have to come home and tell her where I've been and who I've been with and until what time.
Yeah, this is because 1)You're 21, and 2)she's 18. Sorry, but just when you're becoming your own person, she's trying to hang on to whatever she's got (well, at least most girls I know, at 18, do this). Remember when your mom used to ask you the same questions? Mebbe because both of them....'love' you?

I'm not one to judge relationships, and it's none of my biznitch, but you're 21 and she's 18? I think you might be asking for trouble. Seems that just around these ages, even if there's only a year of difference, there's bound to be some problems like these. A couple years back, my gf at the time was still in high school and I was finishing up my first year of college. The same thing, the time & attention issue, came up more often than anything. Hence, we are no longer. I really wish things had worked out better (partly because I know the situation she's in now, poor thing), but I did what I thought was best at the time. Like Mr 5.0 said, a relationship in your late-teens/early-20's that goes on that long can cause a LOT of unnecessary tears if you string it along. Think about it FIRST, then TELL HER how you feel. Just be honest to her and yourself, and where you want to go from here. Good luck.

p.s. right on again, Jim.

1979 Mercury Capri
1987 5.0L Mustang LX Notchback
1993 5.8L Eddie Bauer Bronco
Capri306 is offline   Reply With Quote