MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 12-27-2002, 08:07 AM   #1
chuck88
Registered Member

Default WTC your thoughts??

I just answered "Topless in Texas's" thread and thought of a new thread:

what should they put in the location of the World Trade Center?

I say REBUILD and a memorial perhaps on the top floor before you would go to the observation deck. These terrorists need to learn, not only will you be killed or caught but we will go on functioning with the American way of life.

(My grandfather helped build the WTC, I have installed several battery rooms in the Towers, I have been on top for the view several times, and I watched them burn from the NJ Turnpike. Its very upsetting to see them missing in the NY skyline.)

Chuck88GT

Wife, 2 kids, busy job, "fixer upper" house, and I still have time for the Mustang!!!

I Love my kids!!!
chuck88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2002, 08:52 AM   #2
CADreamin
Registered Member

I definitely understand your sentiment...I was born in the NYC area and still have a lot of family members out that way. The city just doesn't look the same anymore.

I saw some of the designs and a few would fit in nicely with the skyline. But (and this has been brought up before) I think it's going to be really tough to get people to work up that high in that particular location.

Replace the buildings, fine...but I wouldn't shoot for the tallest towers in the world. NYC has trouble filling the office space it has after 9/11. Many companies who could have lost everything in that attack have decided to split up their divisions and move to the suburbs in an attempt to decentralize.

Just my $.02...we should have a good discussion with this topic though...

Greg

98 Mustang GT Coupe
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2002, 10:38 AM   #3
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

We need another WTC skyscraper about as much as I need a bullseye on my forehead.

A. It will instantly become a target, its a vital part of the American Economy and should be safe guarded. So dont stick it 100 stories high. Duh

B. There is noway to stop a terrorist that is willing to sacrifice his own life to take yours. Why make his job easier.

c. Good luck finding employees to work there now.

There will be more terrorist attacks on U.S. soil. Its a given.

Yeah there is better security now, but think about it. Last December me and some co-workers flew from Houston to New Orleans on a private jet. We could have easily strapped a big @ss bomb to it and flew into a tall building.

I think the next terrorist attack will be to sink a cruise ship. You could kill thousands of people easily.

The world isnt a safe place,
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2002, 12:57 PM   #4
The Deuce
Registered Member

I dare those chicken sh*t little crap burglers to try it again. What did we do with the Pentagon? Rebuild. Pearl Harbor is still a functioning base. Had they come down in a fire, maybe we would want something different. But you don't com into my house, mess with my stuff, and expect me to not put it back the way it was and kick your a** six ways from Sunday for causing me the greif.

If you build them, I will come. I'm not scared. I'm an American.

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2002, 02:23 PM   #5
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

It just doesnt make sense to put all of the WTC workers in such a vulnerable position.

I am an American too, but I am a firm believer in learning from your mistakes.

Yeah we rebuilt, but our arrogance really showed, we were caught with our pants down. Who would of thought not 1 but 2 commercial airliners would hit the WTC twin towers within minutes of each other.

Look at the damage the WTC sustained compared to the Pentagon. Its more than obvious which design is smarter and more practical.

JMO,
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2002, 08:05 PM   #6
The Deuce
Registered Member

Very true Dark. It may be worth noting that they missed the pentagon too. That plane had made contact with the ground first, then hit the Pentagon.

I know its not the popular idea, or the best plan for a complex. Heck, even from a structural perspective, nothing needs to be that tall. How long was the Elevator ride down? It would never happen here in LA, where the ground moves.

I personally cringe at the sight of something else sticking up in that part of Manhattan. I almost cried during the final scene of 'Analyze That'. Billy and Rob are standing on the Brooklyn side of the bridge, and the Manhattan skyline is the backdrop. There are two big beautiful buildings missing. The skyline looks fine without them, unless you remember where they go.

There's nothing that can take their place, so we should either rebuild, or leave the whole place lower than the surrounding buildings. A third option would be too hard on the eyes.

JMO,

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2002, 10:59 PM   #7
82 GT
Import Slayer

I say rebuild the towers exactly the way they were.
It would be like flipping the middle finger to all terrorists.
'82 GT 351W (.060)Comp Cams 274* Extreme Energy cam, ported & polished heads w/ 1.94/1.60 valves 10.3:1 flat top pistons,stealth intake, Mallory dizzy,Holley 750dp carb, BBK shorties,Flowmaster exhaust,C-4 with 3700 stall converter, B&M pro shifter,8.8 rear, 4:10's, subframes, electric fan, powermaster alternator, 4 core radiator.
82 GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2002, 04:57 AM   #8
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

I did see a cool idea in the paper the other day of what they were maybe thinking of doing.....wish i'd payed more attention. It was pretty awesome. Not so tall....just a link of a few buildings together. But, rest assured, if they do....considering what I saw on that show the other night, how they constructed them to withstand a wind gust of 150 mph.......I think they will look at it in a whole new perspective.... they have to.

on another note. I was going thru some old pics. When my ex bother in law died 12 years ago, we had to fly to NY. I took a pic of the NY skyline out of the plane window...when i ran across the pic the other night...it just sent a chill down my spine. Its now hanging by a magnet on my fridge.

Chuck...thanks for the thread....I dont know why I felt so compelled to post on this subject in the first place. I guess when I saw that show, it just humbled me to know how precious life is and how NOONE or NOTHING is beyond destruction. Your grandfather should be proud. And I cant imagine how you felt to watch it all crumble. I think they should rebuild as well. But it will be awesome....it was cool to watch the show as they were building it and putting the final Piece on the last tower.
TNT

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote