MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Blue Oval Lounge (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   saleen questions (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=47900)

2000saleen 02-19-2006 09:40 PM

saleen questions

i'm looking to buy a 2000 saleen s281 with a supercharger but it does not say supercharger on the back below the s281 emblem, however the supercharger did come stock with the car, did they make s281's with supercharger's or is this car an s281sc? also i'm looking to buy a cold air intake for the car but i'm not sure who makes one that will bolt up to the supercharger, anyone know any company that makes one? and lastly how does an x pipe get better performance then an h pipe and why?

HoodStrype 02-23-2006 02:40 PM

Re: saleen questions

I thought they were all supercharged... Saleen s281

RBatson 02-26-2006 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2000saleen
i'm looking to buy a 2000 saleen s281 with a supercharger but it does not say supercharger on the back below the s281 emblem, however the supercharger did come stock with the car, did they make s281's with supercharger's or is this car an s281sc? also i'm looking to buy a cold air intake for the car but i'm not sure who makes one that will bolt up to the supercharger, anyone know any company that makes one? and lastly how does an x pipe get better performance then an h pipe and why?

I don't know about the markings but they did make 2000 S281SCs. I would look to Saleen for the cold air intake or BBk perhaps, Saleen would surely have what you need. Lastly, why does an x-pipe make more hp than an h-pipe.. I've wondered that myself. Less resistance and better air flow, I suppose. Mandrel bent pipes is the best reasoning I've come up with.

As far as the not supercharged aftermarket cars out there.. KB, Saleen, Roush.. personally I wouldn't pay any more for one of these cars without a SC. I saw a Roush on the local lot and they added thousands to the price for seats and stripes? I don't think so... not me.

2000saleen 02-27-2006 10:57 AM

Well i did find out that not all s281's are supercharged, but this one is and it is only an s281 stock it puts out 350 hp. i also contacted chican sports tuning in torrance, ca and found out that they make an intake called a rip intake that add's a minimum of 9 hp more than that of the mac cold air intake which comes on the car. but thank you guys for all your help, i'm also looking for someone or a few people to cruise around the new orleans area with if anyone is interested.

pny_p51 02-28-2006 05:55 PM

You know,
I think that's crazy!! ALL the Saleen's should be supercharged! Just like the Roush!! I don't know why they do that??
I guess it's good to be knowledged, so you get exactly what you want!
Congrats on your Mustang!!
Nice to meet you!!
I have a 2006 V6 Mustang coupe, w/pny pkg.
--best, :)

RBatson 03-02-2006 11:37 PM

Not all Roush mustangs are supercharged either. Actually, I'm willing to bet that most aren't, just like Saleen.