View Single Post
Old 12-21-2002, 07:24 PM   #18
silver_pilate
DURKA DURKA!!

I am a Christian, which doesn't mean that I attend such-and-so church or am part of the so-and-such denomination. Being a Christian means that I believe in and have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, the son of the Living God.

That being said, I really don't care how you write Christmas. I know what it means to me. Sure, I put up a tree, decorate it, sing silly carols about Santa and other hoopla...that has become part of my traditions. I spend tons of money which I really can't afford to spend to buy presents for my family. I check out the holliday sales. I guess that means I buy into the materialism of modern Christmas. However, that doesn't detract from the meaning behind it for me. So what if Christ wasn't born on December 25th? So what if he didn't have a decorated tree. So what if he didn't wrap up some presents in boxes and mail them to his uncle, aunt, grandma, and grandpa the week before Christmas. It's enough that he was born. THAT's what I celebrate. That along with his life and his sacrifice.

If you don't belive in God or Jesus Christ, that's your choice. That's one thing that sets America apart from many countries, because no-one (hopefully) is going to come and throw you in jail because of it. But I know why I celebrate. I know why I look to the sky on Christmas Eve night and say a prayer of thanks. Thankyou God, and God bless.

--nathan
'91 GT, Coast 347, 9.5:1 compression, full intake, Wolverine 1087 cam, exhaust, Keith Craft ported Windsor Jr. Irons (235 cfm intake, 195 cfm exhaust), AOD, PI 3500 converter, Lentech valve body, 3.73's (4.10's in the works), and Yokohama ES100's out back.

Daily Car: '04 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6MT
silver_pilate is offline   Reply With Quote