View Single Post
Old 12-27-2002, 07:38 PM   #3
Janeofalltrades

Default First Sorry..Second Thanks....

Hey Dan...

First Sorry to hear this. I had a fairly disfunctional family life, but mom and dad stuck it out. Dad dies 6 years ago. Mom is currently in the hospital with early conjenital heart failure and Pulmonary issues..Not looking good.

Stang-Crazy is right, unless your dad is in some way abusing your sister..and be careful here with the definition of abuse...she really ahs to make up her own mind.

My dad and I were buddies. We had out times when he was my dad and we had bad times, but I have never gotten along with my mom. She and my brother are buddies and they are like two peas in a pod.

I have seen one familiar and reoccuring thing with boy and girls and mom and dads.... From the time you (guy) are born, you are seeking the approval, acceptance and admiration of your father and the love of your mother. Moms just love their sons, usually that is a given...... I have one of my own and can concur......He could be a little crap and I still love my little man with all my heart....

Daughters are loved by their fathers and try their whole life to be anything BUT their mother. It's not so much an issue of seeking acceptance as it is love. It is rare to find a girl who looks at their mother and says.."I want to be just like her". If your a daddy's girl, you don't usually feel compelled to seek approval or acceptance.....So..In the end, be cautious with your sister. Allow her time to decide on her own....

As for you...That was a heart wrenching admission and Thank you for sharing, I will watch my son very close. He is 4.5 and his father and I seperated on July 29th. There will be NO GETTING BACK TOGETHER. Thanks for the warning and the admission of the feelings.. You are quite a fella!

~Jenn~

P.S. How is the V-6 doing?