View Single Post
Old 01-18-2002, 11:40 AM   #2
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Why do people buy any one brand over another?

There are many reason why I bought my Mustang GT over the Z28 I was looking at.

1. Price - Mustangs tend (for the sake of arguement, I'm assuming mustangs are cheaper) to be a lot cheaper than Camero or Firebird.

2. Build quality - This one may be subjective, but from all the people I've talked to, personal experience, and research I've done, the GM products just flat out don't last. They develope squeaks and rattles faster than any car I know of.

3. Style - I like the look of the firebird, but the newer Camero looks like a cross between an LT1 and a dam Chrysler Intrepid! This is something that is personal taste, but it is still a variable.

4. Power (Not stock for stock) - You mentioned that the Z28 and Firebird are faster and that is why people buy sports cars. You hit the nail on the head there. The GM product does not have 1/2 the aftermarket support of the mustang. Open a Sumit catelog and look at the LT1/LS1 section and then look at the 4.6/5.0 section. There is not much you can do to a F-body. But a mustang can be made a hell of a lot faster than stock. You pick the right heads/intake/cam combo and 350 HP at the flywheel is easy to get and puts you right back in the game with the LS1 (blows away the LT1).

So there are just 4 BIG reasons why I personally would buy a Mustang over an F-body. No one else may agree, but that's my take.

20016 F150 Lariat Super Crew