View Single Post
Old 01-18-2002, 02:26 PM   #5
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

I dont know about outside of Fayetteville, but F-Body's are not cheap. By not stretch of the word can they be called a bargain.

When I went new car shoping about 1 year and a half ago, I looked at Camaro's just for kicks. THere wasnt one Z28 there for under 27k. And When I looked at FireBirds (Which I was actually considering because everyone talked about how "Expensive new Stangs were") I didnt see one that was under 29k. And they were all Autos. Except for two Ram-Air WS-6's. One Red, One Black, they had 6 spds, and were awesome looking car. But when I saw the price, I started laughing (The Salesman didnt appreciate it.) 34k for the red, 36K for the black.

Well, to make the point. I bought my 2000 GT, 5spd, Performance Red (I told the dealership to find me a Perf Red GT with a 5spd, thats all that mattered to me.) BRAND NEW, for a hair under 20k. Cant beat that.

Personally, I like the Styling of the Mustang way more than the Flying Cheese wedge, catfish looking Camaro. I even like it a tad more than the Ram Air birds.

As for Performance, I dont know about other 99+GT's, but mine rips along pretty damn good, as a few members of this site can attest to.

I have also heard F-Body owners griping about noises, such as rattles, and squeaks, and dash panel vibrations, and wind noise. The only prob I have with my stang is the throw out bearing likes to make some noise every now and then, and if I'm racing it, I can hear the belt squeal every now and then. But then again, I drive like a maniac....so....

But one of the main reasons I picked the stang, other than bieng 8-10k less than the Birds, is because of its Heritage, I'm a Ford Man, and definetly because I'm a Mustang Man. But an openminded one.

2000 Perf Red Mustang GT. 5spd. Stage 2 CNC heads with Large Valves, Comp Cams (270-274 dur .550 lift), Forged Crank, DRP pistons, Manly H-beams, Pro M 87 mm Mass Air, 24lb Inj, 75mm TB, Plenum Spacer ,Long Tube Headers, Homemade H-pipe, 2 chamber Flows, 4:10's, Steeda Tri-Ax, LKW 70/30's, Eibach Drag Springs, Steeda SubFrames, Battle Boxes, Rear Girdle, Adj uppers, Alunimum Drshft, Southside Lift Bars.

Project Cars, 64 1/2 6cyl coupe, 1930 Model A Nostalgia Rod.